Elite: Dangerous

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
From what I've seen, E:D is a bit less sim, a bit more arcade. Is there planetside in that game?

200 posts!
Gratz! Well, the flight model is more sim than SC at the moment to be fair. But, no, there is no planetside.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Gratz! Well, the flight model is more sim than SC at the moment to be fair. But, no, there is no planetside.
Ah, thanks. Why does the forum turn... oh, I put a colon in the middle there. lol :D

EDIT: Found the tag to banish smileys.

Last edited:

Apolonios

Captain
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sarg
Cmdr Apollon for TEST reporting for duty..Whoever playes Elite send me an invite cause big space and feel lonely.I am currently in the potition to elave from where i am with my CObra and some money to go where TEST is..Just give me a potition and 1 more pilot will come

Apolonios

Captain
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sarg
I have the premium beta pack.i play since june july..so now in gama and it wont reset.1-2 weeks headstart .

Overlord

Captain
Nov 30, 2014
RSI Handle
OVERLORD_COOPER
The full game comes out on the 16th, but you can pre-order now. The offline tutorials are a joke, but hey - gets me behind the controls!

Link to the store:
https://store.elitedangerous.com/usd/elite-dangerous.html/

I pre-ordered the other day - excited for the launch. I'm just hoping there's not another long download to get into multiplayer.
Yeah, think it is off the table unfortunately. Belt just got a little tighter.

Semphis Rythorn

Rear Admiral
Aug 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Semphis_Rythorn
Well i got the Merc Edition preorderd so i get a eagle :)

anyways the game is VERY different from SC, especially the flight model. having to roll a crap ton just to turn. I will get the hang of it over time.

I wonder how many of us got ED (aside the ones here)

Nosnah

Lieutenant
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Nosnah
Oh yeah, I can't turn off my flight mechanics and fly backwards like SC or drift through portals backwards...I guess I really just like flying backwards in space.

I realize I know very little of ED even though I pre-ordered it - should be an interesting game to tie me over til SC comes out officially.

Atriden

Captain
Aug 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Atriden
Just bought ED today and tried the Training Demo. It sure is different than SC so far. The ships turn way slower but the combat seems still to be fun although a bit frustrating. Need to configure a Voice Attack profile !
If ya'll got some advice, please do share ! I guess I will cya guys tomorrow when the game releases. Cya ;-) !

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
I just picked it up today too. I need a space sim fix to carry me to SC.

Apolonios

Captain
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sarg
Whoever plays already lets tell where we are and what faction we will start supporting so we can meet up somewhere and make a group..Better to fly with friends/support.+ we need many pilots to remove the influence from some systems..
I am currently at Federation system in Chemaku/Aibiko system..but i have my cobra and some money to change..

Reactions: Atriden

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
I joined test mostly harmless for Elite although I don't know how org friendly this game will be.

Apolonios

Captain
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sarg
i wont have orgs at start but you can make a friend list.go to the same system do the quests/trading/bounty for the same factions and get rep for those and you then can overthrown goeverments of diff factions

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
No orgs? Serious lack of developmental priorities there.

Atriden, someone is "selling" a heavily customized voice attack profile here on TEST forums, $5. Several hundred hours of customization iirc.

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
This one seems to be the popular voice attack set for Elite: http://www.elitedangerousvoicepack.com/

I am still thinking I want to set up my own when I get some time. I want less chit chat but still get success or fail ack.

Atriden

Captain
Aug 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Atriden
Thanks for the advice on voice attack! I am kinda broke so I decided making my own simple voice attack, its nothing fancy but it really helps when playing. I am starting now, so I will get my eagle and move towards Chemaku/Aibiko system to meet up with Apolonios!

What are your ingame names in Elite ? So we can befriend each other and meet up for some havoc :-) !

Reactions: Apolonios

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
I am Erroll but I have not figured out how to comm in game yet.

Apolonios

Captain
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sarg
My ingame name is Apollon.Upgrading now to the small patch will try to login to add you guys then i have to head to work.

Forgot your password?