Find us a Home! TEST HQ

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Already analyzing! I have identified three possible candidates thus far, in order of appeal from top to bottom as-numbered - the criteria is more connections, providing greater accessibility for our members:

1. Nyx System - Connects to The Tanga System (high value resource), and Odin (high value resource, black market weapons). Also within 3 jumps of Terra. Linked to Tohil, Bremen, Pyro, and Castra.

2. Davien - Connects directly to Sol, Cano, Kilian, Cathcart, and Ferron. An excellent Corporate Headquarters and Logistics Headquarters that leads to all corners of the UEE.

3. Goss System - Connects to Osiris, Tyrol, Helios, Tayac, and Terra. Major hotbed of pirate activity, good for UEE missioning, probably?

4. Elysium - Connects to Leir, Vanguard, Centauri, and Idris Systems. Appears to be a hotbed of economic activity with its strong connection to Centauri (which is a "Factory world" run by MISC).

5. Idris - Connects to Garron, Rhetor, Ferron, and Elysium.

6. Banshee - Connects to Tamsa, Yulin, Fora, Garron, and Leir. Strictly a UEE mining operation system, with abundant scientific activities. Do not expect security.

7. Fora - Connects to Banshee, Nemo, and Rhetor. Most likely to have undiscovered jump points. Barely lawless, may be a good "GTFO" destination.

8. Leir System - Connects to Vanguard (Vanduul), Elysium, Kabal, Garron, Banshee, and Yulin. Is 100% lawless system.

9. Castra - A frontline world near the Perry Line. Connects to Nyx, Pyro, Oya, and Hadrian. Part of the Castra-Stanton run, good for newbies.

10. Nexus System - Connects to Min, Hades, Cathcart, and Ellis. Part of a major trade route.

11. Terra - One of the most numerous jump connections recorded, Six jump links, three large, two medium, two small. Right next door to Stanton.

12. Hadrian - NOPE, SUPER-HIGH SECURITY. Lots of connections, though.

Last edited:

Ryan2534

Vice Admiral
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
MontoyasNipples
Already analyzing! I have identified three possible candidates thus far:

• Nyx System - Connects to The Tanga System (high value resource), and Odin (high value resource, black market weapons). Also within 3 jumps of Terra. Linked to Tohil, Bremen, Pyro, and Castra.

• Davien - Connects directly to Sol, Cano, Kilian, Cathcart, and Ferron. An excellent Corporate Headquarters and Logistics Headquarters that leads to all corners of the UEE.

• Leir System - Connects to Vanguard (Vanduul), Elysium, Kabal, Garron, Banshee, and Yulin.
I still say Nyx; it has the resources and black market links we will need. I think we will gain the corporate and logistic influence since we are the 3rd? biggest org in the game. That will come naturally. I think Nyx is perfect.

Edit: Elysium or Terra sound good with this new updated list. PROPS TO YOU NKato Nice job dude. Mad fucking props

Last edited:

Cable

Rear Admiral
Donor
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Cable
Remember that there will be the possibility of discovering jump points. So there will be shortcuts from system to system.

Reactions: Knax and Ryan2534

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
List of systems with fewer jump connections that are appealing for a "stronghold", systems with three known jump links or less:

1. Odin System - Connects to Nyx, Kellog, and Tanga.

2. Tanga System - Only two connections. Bremen and Odin.

3. Branaugh - Only known route is through Chronos, where a permanent UEE Fleet is stationed. Carries risks to TEST as well...

4. Geddon - Banu System, has only one planet, and has a single landing point. Extremely inhospitable.

5. Yulin System - Vacation Destination for both Banu and Humans. Connects to Banshee and Tamsa.

6. Kabal System - Recently discovered system, claimed by the UEE for national security reasons. Location of massive armory stockpiles in uninhabited Tevarin cities.

7. Centauri System - Only two jump links, Elysium and Nul. Industrial.

8. Oretani - Unknown System with no connections, presumably the abandoned human settlement.

Cyinni

Vice Admiral
Jan 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Cyinni
Looks like we're on the Nyx/Odin hypetrain. Assuming we're aiming for this to happen during/after Operation Pitchfork, we'll have to move serious materiel to Odin in convoy.

Reactions: o-BHG-o

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Looks like we're on the Nyx/Odin hypetrain. Assuming we're aiming for this to happen during/after Operation Pitchfork, we'll have to move serious materiel to Odin in convoy.
Odin technically presents a higher risk, because a lot of organizations know about the untapped asteroids in there that are protected by an electrical storm. The first org to exploit that belt successfully without losing a lot of ships, will be very, very rich.

So I'd personally choose Nyx or Tanga. If you want to hide a tree, you plant it in a forest.

Cyinni

Vice Admiral
Jan 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Cyinni
Will we be able to hide? I mean, we are somewhat large as an organization. I'm definitely in favor of whatever system is secure enough for us to protect our assets (i.e. ships too big to dock) and enable our fellow Testes to pursue anything they like. Do we think Nyx fits that bill better than Davien?

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
Odin technically presents a higher risk, because a lot of organizations know about the untapped asteroids in there that are protected by an electrical storm. The first org to exploit that belt successfully without losing a lot of ships, will be very, very rich.

So I'd personally choose Nyx or Tanga. If you want to hide a tree, you plant it in a forest.
I think that hiding a tree in a forest doesn't work in this case. TEST 'IS' the forest.

Reactions: Maxgerber5250

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Will we be able to hide? I mean, we are somewhat large as an organization. I'm definitely in favor of whatever system is secure enough for us to protect our assets (i.e. ships too big to dock) and enable our fellow Testes to pursue anything they like. Do we think Nyx fits that bill better than Davien?
The primary criteria for Nyx and Davien is the jump-point accessibility to the rest of the galaxy, that's why I chose them to be at the top of the primary list. However, that comes with its challenges: very high visibility. Since we're a very visible org, it seems pointless for us to actually seriously consider entrenching ourselves in any kind of "stronghold" location.

I personally prefer Davien for "corporate" and logistics headquarters because it offers the best accessibility to routes across the galaxy, which is a major factor to supporting TEST's logistics needs.

Reactions: ADKL and Cyinni

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
I see TEST as having many outpost and microfleets most likely in every system that we can have access to. A large fleet would be great if we have an actual activity at a particular location otherwise, a fleet is just a big target.

I didn't see any Astrogation Hazards on the map yet. I think more than anything if we do have a central hub, these hazards will determine where we might end up. If there are areas where scanners don't really work too well, that would help hiding a fleet.

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
fora looks interesting to me. a few planets, asteroid belt, gas giant and a jump point

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
There's always the option of being a fleet. Always mobile and being wherever one needs to be, splitting up and re-forming wherever needed (plus I need a lot of Auroras to hide behind plx)..
Seung says it's been tried in EVE Online, and has failed spectacularly there.

However, I have ideas on how to make a mobile fleet a workable concept. The biggest key is logistics.

Forgot your password?