Find us a Home! TEST HQ

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Someone needs to make something akin to evemaps. lol Its nice to have the map finally. But something akin to evemaps for me anyways just makes it all easier to take in.

Reactions: Space Monkey

Cyinni

Vice Admiral
Jan 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Cyinni
I think once we know more about how resupply and docking works we'll know what makes a good or bad home base. Fleetlets might work just fine in an environment where - unlike EVE - the NPCs can sell fuel and munitions to everyone.

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
Someone needs to make something akin to evemaps. lol Its nice to have the map finally. But something akin to evemaps for me anyways just makes it all easier to take in.
Do you have a link for the eve map? I parsed out as much as I could of the Star Citizen Map here.

I want to goof around with it and would love to see what other maps are out there in games.

Serious Table

Admiral
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Serious_Table
Odin is my vote; right next to Nyx which makes a great deal of sense, but Nyx is also attached to Vega, which runs the risk of Vanduul incursion. Odin makes a better stronghold.

Reactions: o-BHG-o

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Maybe we can get a few people to work on a spreadsheet to collect all of the info in the map?

Yes no?
At this time there isn't enough economic data to extrapolate from to guarantee that a given location is better than any other. The only thing we know for certain is the known asteroid belts and prior market data.

Reactions: Cyinni

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Odin is my vote; right next to Nyx which makes a great deal of sense, but Nyx is also attached to Vega, which runs the risk of Vanduul incursion. Odin makes a better stronghold.
Odin is also not unreasonably far from the Perry Line either, so trade with the Xi'an is possible, and they pay very well for resources.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Maybe we can get a few people to work on a spreadsheet to collect all of the info in the map?

Yes no?
I say yes, this is the perfect time to get the base stats sheet going. This way when we have even more data it will just be a matter of adding it and not some daunting task. I believe it would also allow us to start getting a picture of what we will be dealing with and what possibilities there are. The more data the better I say, and the more understanding the better too!

On a side note, this is also great for the the map project the guys are working on.

Reactions: Space Monkey

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I say yes, this is the perfect time to get the base stats sheet going. This way when we have even more data it will just be a matter of adding it and not some daunting task. I believe it would also allow us to start getting a picture of what we will be dealing with and what possibilities there are. The more data the better I say, and the more understanding the better too!

On a side note, this is also great for the the map project the guys are working on.
Okay let's do it then. I'm currently out of the house, so I can't get the spreadsheet started.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Okay let's do it then. I'm currently out of the house, so I can't get the spreadsheet started.
Ok we should move this over to the council thread than since this is mapping and star charting territory.

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
Forgot your password?