Fleet ship predictions and expectations.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Haha, because I'm TRYING to keep my fleet small.
But I do like the idea of one of each...
Arrow or Galdius?
SH or Sabre?
There are a few more options:
  • Delta: my favorite Vanduul hunter
  • Hawk teaches you to be good at fixed guns. If you master fixed weapons and combine this with very agile movement, why not
  • San'Tok.Yai / Khartu-Al: drone fighter. buzzing around your target, definitely not a boom and zoom fighter

Haha, gotta keep that beer cold my friend.
Oow, that was the reason for the new fridge. The old one kept the beer limited cold. The new one is a real fridge. It has the same size, keeps the beer colder and can hold more. A whole crate if I finally empty the wine bottle

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hawk teaches you to be good at fixed guns. If you master fixed weapons and combine this with very agile movement, why not
When I used to play, I always flew fixed. This may be something to think about.
San'Tok.Yai / Khartu-Al: drone fighter. buzzing around your target, definitely not a boom and zoom fighter
I feel like this is how I try to fly already. Now I wanna test a ship that suits the style.

Thanks Marc!

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
If you want something different from the hornet or sabre, try the Banu Defender. It's a beauty in the air. flies like a sabre used to in 2.2. Get rid of the stupid tachyon cannons and fit 4 x S3 fixed guns and go pew pew some boom booms.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
If you want something different from the hornet or sabre, try the Banu Defender. It's a beauty in the air. flies like a sabre used to in 2.2. Get rid of the stupid tachyon cannons and fit 4 x S3 fixed guns and go pew pew some boom booms.
Really? I've been waiting to hear about this baby. She flies that good? Because the Sabre was (is?) a gem. I am interested now. Dammit.
So I broke down and grabbed a Nautilus, I just think its going to be a niche type of ship we wont see a lot of and that always peaks my interest.
Want. And love. Depending on the mine types that become available, she could be amazing!

• o7

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Really? I've been waiting to hear about this baby. She flies that good? Because the Sabre was (is?) a gem. I am interested now. Dammit.

Want. And love. Depending on the mine types that become available, she could be amazing!
Maybe owl make a video for Owl. Owl've always wanted to be a youtubes/twitch streaming star millionaire!

In my humble oppinion the Sable in 3.x onwards feels like someone covered in in treacle.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Maybe owl make a video for Owl. Owl've always wanted to be a youtubes/twitch streaming star millionaire!

In my humble oppinion the Sable in 3.x onwards feels like someone covered in in treacle.
Cool! That'd be awesome, lol, but no expectations.

I want a nimbly bimbly fighter. I'm thinking I may end up with the San'tok.yai.

• o7

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yeah in 3.X they really axed a lot of ship maneuverability for no discernible reason. My Cutlass got reduced by around 30% across the board, so it basically handles like a Freelancer. 😢
My 350R also lost it's "Pilots Ship" feel :-/

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Shit. Well hopefully they get that stuff figured. I'd like to feel like I'm flying when I fly.
If you want something nippy and nimble the M50 (and probbably the other race ships) still have that great vibe and if I hadn't been flying the 350R since 2.4 I doubt I would not know any better. 👍

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Piloting that Hammerhead was like holy shit these things drift like crazy lol, was like watching those cruise liners on youtube smack the dock!

Forgot your password?