Forbes article on SC.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
As for all the cry-babies who spend between $1000.00 - $24,000.00... guess what, you didn't have to, $45.00 gets you in. You spent it because you wanted to, if you're not immune to marketing, it's a personal problem, not CIGs problem.
My friend, you do know that there are a LOT of concierge members here in TEST Squadron, right? I'm 1 of them & I don't consider us crybabies by any means. Personally, I pledged what I could, when I could, because I truly believe in this project & want it to be as wonderful as possible for all gamers to enjoy. I know that I'm by no means alone in that. While it is in development, I'm playing it as much as I can & doing my best to enjoy the roller coaster ride. I've tested various aspects of SC since I became a backer in Oct 2014, so I've gotten about 4.5 years worth of periodic gaming fun out of it. So as far as I'm concerned, the funds that I've pledged paid for those experiences. What's even more precious to me are the friendships that I've made with other backers through being a part of this game's development.

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
Forbes Magazine and Forbes online are not mutually exclusive. Forbes online is essentially a blog site where basically anyone can write "articles".

I never bother reading them as they are almost always opinion pieces and not actual news articles reporting journalistic facts. That's not me saying that just to defend SC either .... the online blog articles are not worth reading, period.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Forbes Magazine and Forbes online are not mutually exclusive. Forbes online is essentially a blog site where basically anyone can write "articles".

I never bother reading them as they are almost always opinion pieces and not actual news articles reporting journalistic facts. That's not me saying that just to defend SC either .... the online blog articles are not worth reading, period.
"This story appears in the May 31, 2019 issue of Forbes Magazine."

😉

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Okay Read it... 😂 The only impression I get from the article can be summarized like this....

Long metaphorical conclusion:
You hear of a this book, a crazy ass big book, a really heavy kick ass complicated awesome book, you don't understand it or have the education to do so.
Then you make a article about the book and pick out the part you do understand out of context and then put your own twist to it.

Short conclusion:...
"What a load CRAP!"

CHEERS! 🍻

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
"This story appears in the May 31, 2019 issue of Forbes Magazine."
Oh wow. So this is an official article? Crazy that they would try to "get personal" with a story about a video game.
I guess that's just the world we live in today.

Still though, there's a lot of "filler" crap that you can read on Forbes that is just terrible and not worthy of calling journalism.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Okay Read it... 😂 The only impression I get from the article can be summarized like this....

You hear of a this book, a crazy ass big book, a really heavy kick ass complicated awesome book, you don't understand it or have the education to do so.
Then you make a article about the book and pick out the part you do understand out of context and then put your own twist to it.

"What a load CRAP!"

CHEERS! 🍻
I reply to my self... because a shit article deserve a spam post...
reson cause we can...

I think I quote my self again to, wile I'm att it...

QUOTE ME:

"What a load CRAP!"

CHEERS!🍻🍻🍻🍻 <--- needed more beer this time!
END QUOTE:

CHEERS!🍻 :D

Last edited:

DorianSkyphire

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2016
RSI Handle
DorianSkyphire
it really makes me angry that they drag his personal life into the article. I mean.. that's some serious national enquirer shit. I'm legit going to address this with Forbes. I may be one of a few voices that do, but as a generational reader of the magazine, I'm intolerant of their dabbling in the fucking trailer park of journalism.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Oh wow, what a piece of trash article...

Instead of analyzing their funding model, how long it takes and how much of a chance there is of fail or success, they wrote a blog post about CR's mentally unstable paranoid ex wife and also crazy current wife.

Outdated information on the game, dragging personal life into it, omitting almost all the relevant information about the funding / company worth and financial stuff apart from the negative buzzwords, quoting ppl who are clearly totally biased because of their own incompetence, and every single quote from CR taken out of context to show him like a serial killer who has been caught multiple times and proven guilty just defending himself with lies...

I guess being a smear merchant still pays off.
Disgusting...

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a "fanboi" of anything and everything CR and CiG does, but this article just made me so angry that I have to write some about the things that jumped out to me:

Project development time (actual): roughly 4 years so far, that's perfectly fine. big games like WoW took like an extra 4 years of patching and expansions to turn into something actually really great.

Current content and playability: better then ever, weeks worth of missions to do and places to explore, tons of stuff to aim for

Monetization/funding method: kinda sketchy, especially in the long run, this would have been worth discussion

Players who are mental patients: who gives a shit? No really, if you can't handle your own money as an adult, that's your problem, not anyone CIG's. Get in that corner and cry alone just like you deserve it!

Ex-employees bitching : nothing to see here, not everyone is cut out for every job. Working on stuff like computer art is a very mentally demanding process, especially if you have a boss who cares. I worked for a guy like that for 6 odd years, it was hard and I've seen many ppl come and go. In the end I would say it was worth sticking with it for so long, it paid off in the long run.
It's just the nature of the beast, take it or leave it.

Ex-employee saying development is at 11! In the world of real ppl, that means: Awesomeness , we are pushing it over the limit!
This is great news for us, as it means that the development is going at 11 instead of something like a 3, like Anthem did lol

Crazy family stuff: NON OF OUR BUSINESS! and non of Forbes's either...

Cutting costs by going to another country and using their loopholes to avoid taxes, when these loopholes were clearly created for this exact purpose : Dude, have you ever heard of how Hollywood works? Literally everybody does this.
Last couple of movies that filmed right next door to where I live only because of tax incentives loopholes and cheap labor:
The Martian, Blade Runner 20xx, the Wicher series
Half of Hollywood has moved over to China for the same reason! The marvel movies, transformersand God knows what else is being made there cos they get shit loads of money and save a lot as well! Anyways, I digress...

CR not even guessing at a release date, so it will never be done: we have a roadmap like 1+ year into the future, what else do you want as proof that they are doing it?? Ffs!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
@Blind Owl It's Forbes --- enough said.

Except, What the HELL are you reading Forbes for? Lost your mind?
Stay in the real World buddy.......
Oh, so you were Blind Owl drunk..........Yeah, that would explain it. hehehehe
Paul Tassi. That's it. That's about all I read from Forbes. I like his articles about Destiny and other games. He's smart, articulate, and not at all smeary.
For some reason, "journalism" has effectively gone from delivering unbiased information about things & events, into various forms of political propaganda
This is truth.

Again, Paul Tassi. I read a lot of his stuff on Destiny etc. And I like his writing and opinions.

That's probably why this article popped up on my feed.

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
Typically when you see that much "below the belt" venom being thrown, the person writing the article has an axe to grind.

You could say that maybe they hope gossip will sell magazines, but I honestly don't see Star Citizen being high profile enough right now for Forbes to think that kinda story involving them will sell. It would be different if we were talking about a big named developer and/or publisher.

So yeah ... I honestly wonder what the deal is here and why he would pursue going down that road. The only other thing I can think of is that he was either contacted by someone willing to "dish the dirt" or he himself had bought a package for SC and is mad at the progress so much so that he decided to attack peoples character.

It's ...... odd.

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
The improvements from 3.4 to 3.5 are there and obvious....
Most things honestly worked better in 3.4 than they do in 3.5. I get that 3.5 is a step in a new direction for better things but we will see how it all plays forward later. Currently 3.5 has so many bugs that alot is either frustrating or unplayable because of the bugs. Some people have had luck in some areas at times but judging from reports on spectrum daily and IC reports as well as other sources, 3.5 is in no way better than the final version of 3.4 and we are already a month in

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
That article isn't worthy. It's an opinion piece and it's slanted against. Guess that's why I don't read their rag often anymore. We all are human, and all they did was prove that Chris Roberts is one of us. Way to go Forbes.!
Unfortunately, it could have been more objective. Every company has baggage, and we all know that. None the less, there is some truth to it. We're here, we've been here for a long time and a Forbes article is not going to change that. We have seen controversy come and go and yet, Star Citizen is still going and getting better. My complaints will not change that... even with all my bitching and moaning I am still a subscriber and I''m still here with Test... even test needs a "crazy" uncle.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Unfortunately, it could have been more objective. Every company has baggage, and we all know that. None the less, there is some truth to it. We're here, we've been here for a long time and a Forbes article is not going to change that. We have seen controversy come and go and yet, Star Citizen is still going and getting better. My complaints will not change that... even with all my bitching and moaning I am still a subscriber and I''m still here with Test... even test needs a "crazy" uncle.
Heh, I totally get that. I feel the same frustration that you feel sometimes too. Right now it's every time I log in. I just don't like when someone takes gratuitous personal pot shots like that. I would feel better about the story if it focused on the game, but that was really a backdrop. As it was, that story is gossip. Standards have slipped a little at Forbes.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
How long until DS goes after them over this article being flagrant plagiarism of at least 80% of his social media presence?
Massively OP has already picked up the Forbes article, and he is pushing his usual lies in the comments. No mention of plagiarism yet, although he commented that he already said these/predicted it all back in 2015... 😂😂😂

Forgot your password?