Fresh drama! The story of the $45k refund!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Aww man, that sucks. But what has to be done, has to be done.
Much luck with all that!
Yeah, it's a kick in the sack for sure. I love this game, and I love supporting it's development. But my family's safety needs to come first, and raw sewage isn't safe, nope nope nope, not at all.
On the plus side, I had a great heart to heart with Mrs Owl, and she fully supports me rebuilding a fleet going forward. She even suggested that if it means this much to me then she knows what she can get me for special occasions. Winning.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I could easily be wrong, but in my personal opinion, 1 of the main reasons why people "hate" on SC is because some of their friends & family are huge fans like most of us are. So they want SC to fail just so they can be petty & through their loved 1s feelings in the trash out of spite. I hate people like that & it further fuels my hopes for SC to come out as monumentally EPIC as it is working out to be so far.

On a side note, unless I'm mistaken, CIG is technically making at least 3 games that are wrapped around the PU. (Squadron 42, Star Marine & Arena Commander) So the argument of demanding $ back due to breach of contract is nullified.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Great video. Also, can confirm: CIG is great. As much as it pains me, I am in the process of refunding my fleet so I can afford to fix the foundation of our home. Can't have raw sewage running in every time we get a heavy rainfall. Schala has been great with the assist.

Sad though, I fucking love my fleet. Nothing like starting over.

How dare he!!!

No worries & hang in there Owl. We've got your back & I'm sure that most if not all of us would be happy to let you crew with us whenever you wanted. After all, WE are OWL.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
No worries & hang in there Owl. We've got your back & I'm sure that most if not all of us would be happy to let you crew with us whenever you wanted. After all, WE are OWL.
Haha, I fully intend to be a ship-surfer at gane launch. I'll have a fleet, but she'll be small. But I will have TEST to play with, for sure.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Great video. Also, can confirm: CIG is great. As much as it pains me, I am in the process of refunding my fleet so I can afford to fix the foundation of our home. Can't have raw sewage running in every time we get a heavy rainfall. Schala has been great with the assist.
Why do you hate Star Citizen and want it to fail?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Why do you hate Star Citizen and want it to fail?
Because Derek Smart told me too of course. He has shown me the way: No beer, No SC, No Sandi, No TEST, No fleet, No fun. But I do get to play Battlecruiser 3000 for free! A special voice over edition with DS himself narrating every Goddamned thing that happens in the buggy, glitchy mess.
OH GOD, What have I done?!?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
HEY GUYS, MONTOYA DID A THINGY WITH A GIRL!!!!
What? A girl? Like a real one, not one of those inflatable ones?

How did he get within fourteen feet of one without it squealing and running off giggling?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yeah, it's a kick in the sack for sure. I love this game, and I love supporting it's development. But my family's safety needs to come first, and raw sewage isn't safe, nope nope nope, not at all.
On the plus side, I had a great heart to heart with Mrs Owl, and she fully supports me rebuilding a fleet going forward. She even suggested that if it means this much to me then she knows what she can get me for special occasions. Winning.
An old saying from hundreds of years ago goes something like this:

"Ye cannot flye ye ship neck deep in shit."

You can tell it's old because it has "Ye" instead of "You" and you can tell it is a saying because it nearly rhymes, but doesn't.

Glad to see you've got your priorities right dude, look after yourself and once you've rebuilt In Real Life you can rebuild in SC. Good to know CIG cares and will refund if disaster strikes, it's for the greater good really.

We've looked after them, nice to see they'll look after us if needs be.

Last edited:

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Man, with a Lady like that you have everything.

l just fly with all of you.
I would be Proud to fly with you any time my friend.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
"Ye cannot flye ye ship neck deep in shit."
King Christopher of Shakespeare if I recall correctly. A wise man.
We've looked after them, nice to see they'll look after us if needs be.
Indeed it is. I am relieved.
Man, with a Lady like that you have everything.
True story Cosmic. She's some phenomenal.
I would be Proud to fly with you any time my friend
Thank you dear friend. I would be honoured to go Bar Hoppin' and City Boppin' with you.

Forgot your password?