Friday Feb 24th - The Hurricane - $175

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
You think anyone will name theirs, "Katrina"?
Haha, I would hope so!
I want a ship that can ram anything in it's way. something along those 18th century frigates the navy used, with a pointy nose. Out of ammo? no problemo, just kamikaze your way on poor Polaris.
The Terrapin. I have a battle plan for her. It Involves flying away from the battle, turning around, aiming at the enemies idris/javelin/Bengal bridge, and cruising back in...

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I want a ship that can ram anything in it's way. something along those 18th century frigates the navy used, with a pointy nose. Out of ammo? no problemo, just kamikaze your way on poor Polaris.
Then you're gonna want this one

mjrcooke

Vice Admiral
Sep 6, 2015
RSI Handle
GMT +2
Can you immagine hundreds of auroras kamikaze into shit and clearing the way for our larger ships? We should use this for mining asteroids too, wait, i need to check if theres a group for that

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Can you immagine hundreds of auroras kamikaze into shit and clearing the way for our larger ships? We should use this for mining asteroids too, wait, i need to check if theres a group for that
You mean this group? lol

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Also a good chance the Hurricane has a different manufacturer since the Terrapin switched manufacturers from Aegis to Anvil.

Aegis Hurricane?
My money (if i had any damn money) is on RSI, apart from Origin they have fewest ships in the lineup Aegis, Anvil and Drake all have way more.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Also a good chance the Hurricane has a different manufacturer since the Terrapin switched manufacturers from Aegis to Anvil.

Aegis Hurricane?
My money (if i had any damn money) is on RSI, apart from Origin they have fewest ships in the lineup Aegis, Anvil and Drake all have way more.
I think there's probably too many Aegis ships. My guess is it'll remain Anvil, or go something like RSI or Origin. However, I think that latter two are less likely. They just aren't that known for their warships. (are they?)

I've been wrong before.

Once...

I divorced her.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Here is some wonderful analysis of the whole heavy fighter role in general (and how it passed away) and how this applies to the Hurricane. I agree with all of this analysis except that I think the ship will sell in the price slot between the Hornet and the Sabre--probably about $170-190, and I disagree we will ever see a civilian version of the F8. BoredGamer is much more connected than I am and he usually knows better than I do, but the original statements by CIG about the F8 was it would never be available to players except unless they steal them, as it is supposed to provide space fighter superiority to the official military of the UEE. The Sabre was intended from the beginning to be the best superiority fighter a player can get hold of (like today's F22 Raptor), and the Hornet the best multi-role fighter (like today's F-18 Super-Hornet). So what will the Hurricane be? (Oh BTW, the vid at the beginning of this is of the Polaris--I could just pee myself with excitement! Where did this footage come from?)

View: https://youtu.be/zKHDVtsxyRY

Reactions: Blind Owl

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Here is some wonderful analysis of the whole heavy fighter role in general (and how it passed away) and how this applies to the Hurricane.
No time to watch the vid now but the vanguard is a heavy figher isn't it? It is now in 2.6 it's a shame it totally lack weapon flexibility - I think a vanguard with 4 x s2 ballistics and a s5 ballistic = yum yum

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
No time to watch the vid now but the vanguard is a heavy fighter isn't it?
Yes, but it is also the only long range fighter which complicates comparisons.
It is now in 2.6 it's a shame it totally lack weapon flexibility - I think a vanguard with 4 x s2 ballistics and a s5 ballistic = yum yum
Yeah. I would certainly want to fly it with the gimbal as energy and primary, and the fixed as secondary ballistic, but right now you can't. I honestly don't understand CIG's intention restricting the fixed guns like this. If anything they could have put more gun in the bird, it is so big. However, it is only the 4 fixed S2s that you can't swap out, so I would not say it totally lacks flexibility, especially since it is carrying S2 and S3 missiles. It has 5 weapons systems and the Sentinel has at least one more.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I think it's just a case of learning as they go. Drastic changes could make the game unfun. I mean look at the fact that in 2.6 the aurora got a size4 missile mount. oopps!

I do think they should have special weapon mounts for special ships but the weapons actually need to be special in some way to make the inflexibility worth it.

Forgot your password?