Greetings & Salutations

Bobby Sundown

Captain
Nov 26, 2021
RSI Handle
Bobby_Sundown
Hi All,

Long time 'lurker' but finally signed up after playing the game for about an hour (see below 😉)

Trying to fly my first ship out of the hanger, dyeing quickly and then taking over an hour to get out of my hospital gown (bloody 'i' for inventory! Who knew? 😂) convinced me I need help and badly.

So here I am, looking for help ands lots of it. I think I kind of more into the transport/exploring side than combat but I really just need to get the basics.

I will join the discord and post there. I assume that is where most of the chat is?

Oh, and Kirk..... old Kirk of course 🖖

Bobby Sundown

Captain
Nov 26, 2021
RSI Handle
Bobby_Sundown
Cheers.

Where is best to ask for general basic help? I don't want to clog up the discord with questions that I'm sure has been asked thousands of times by others.

Like I have the Mustang starter pack with sq42. I am thinking of getting a Cutlass black as that seems to be a great all rounder but not sure how the upgrade/melting works as I read I'll lose sq42 if I melt?

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
Hi Bobby welcome to Test! Crashing is part of the experience and we here at Test squadron hone our crashing skills to a fine edge, you couldn't have picked a better place to learn! Wait.. you mean you want to learn how not to crash?

Cutlass Black is your best do just about anything ship so highly suggest picking that up if it's in the budget for you. If you have a Mustang starter back you can CCU (Cross Chassis Upgrade) from that to a Cutlass for the price difference. Though it's important to know once you upgrade a ship you can't "downgrade" it with out just melting the whole thing for store credits and buying from the ground up so to speak.

Bobby Sundown

Captain
Nov 26, 2021
RSI Handle
Bobby_Sundown
Hi, thanks for the welcome. I seem to be an expert at crashing 😂 or going into the settings are realising the game still continues and crashing into the ground after taking an age work out how to get to the surface 🙂

I think it was £68 to upgrade. (£30 for my Mustang) so that's it, once I upgrade that is my ship and I keep sq42 for when it comes out in 2051? 😉

Is it worth keeping sq42 or shall I just melt it all and buy the cutlass and get sq42 at a later date? Can I just do that or do I need a game package?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hi, thanks for the welcome. I seem to be an expert at crashing 😂 or going into the settings are realising the game still continues and crashing into the ground after taking an age work out how to get to the surface 🙂

I think it was £68 to upgrade. (£30 for my Mustang) so that's it, once I upgrade that is my ship and I keep sq42 for when it comes out in 2051? 😉

Is it worth keeping sq42 or shall I just melt it all and buy the cutlass and get sq42 at a later date? Can I just do that or do I need a game package?
Don't melt your package, if you don't have one and only have a stand-alone ship, you can't access the game at all :-)

Bobby Sundown

Captain
Nov 26, 2021
RSI Handle
Bobby_Sundown
That's what I though. Ok, so just upgrade to the cutlass and keep the package. Got ya 👍

I'm just reading through the gameplay guides on here to learn more.

Determined to understand this game as it my kind of game and I have just invested heavily and built my first PC from scratch (and it bloody worked 😂) so don't want my cut hands to have been for nothing trying to wire it all up 😂

Bobby Sundown

Captain
Nov 26, 2021
RSI Handle
Bobby_Sundown
Cheers for all the warm welcomes.

So I'm thinking of upgrading to the cutlass black as that seems like the right ship for me and I'm happy to spend the £68 on that but I see people talking about upgrade paths and getting insurance and it being cheaper if I upgraded in stages?

Is that something for me to look at? I downloaded the ccu chrome extension but didn't really have a clue what I was doing 🤔

Bobby Sundown

Captain
Nov 26, 2021
RSI Handle
Bobby_Sundown
Hi,

Me.............again

Right, I am looking to upgrade to the cutlass from my Mustang starter package (with SQ42) Looking at CCU game it is giving me the following option:

Ursa Rover
Ursa Rover - 300i
300i - Spartan
Spartan - Cutlass
Total £76.80

Or I just upgrade my current Mustang direct to the cutlass for £67.20

Is it better to to do the CCU route so I effectively have 2 ships (an extra £9.60) with the option to upgrade the mustang at some point in the future?

Cheers

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hi,

Me.............again

Right, I am looking to upgrade to the cutlass from my Mustang starter package (with SQ42) Looking at CCU game it is giving me the following option:

Ursa Rover
Ursa Rover - 300i
300i - Spartan
Spartan - Cutlass
Total £76.80

Or I just upgrade my current Mustang direct to the cutlass for £67.20

Is it better to to do the CCU route so I effectively have 2 ships (an extra £9.60) with the option to upgrade the mustang at some point in the future?

Cheers
The Spartan route gets you Life Time Insurance using the Warbond CCU which means in the final game you won't have to spend on basic level insurance on that ship. It's a nice perk which gets older backers hot under the collar as it was supposed to only be for original Kickstarter backers back in 2012 but continued on concept/first appearence sales on new craft for all us johhny come latelys to have too.

For the want of £9.60 you'll have two ships - double the pleasure and tripple the fun!

Bobby Sundown

Captain
Nov 26, 2021
RSI Handle
Bobby_Sundown
That's what I was thinking and then I'll upgrade the Mustang at some point.

The ccu route has changed slightly since posting and requires a few more upgrades but is slightly cheaper.

If I 'add to cart' from the ccu website and then just pay on the rsi website it does everything (all the buying and upgrades) automatically and I'll just end up with the cutlass?

Also, the cutlass is the one to get for me isnt it? Jack of all sorts and a good starting point to the game for a player who keeps forgetting his helmet after I have travelled to it........ Twice 😁

Forgot your password?