Gunner's motion graphics thread - Test Propaganda!

DirectorGunner

Grand Admiral
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Gunner_Loading_test.gif
Experimenting with loading gif animations,
Figured out how to manipulate color palette to only use 8 colors when creating the gif.
So that's cool, lowers data size.
but still hard to make in AE though without the edge artifacts... that show up when turning into a gif.
Can also make them in AI but it's too time-consuming.
if can figure out how to remove the edge noise before putting the image sequence in photoshop,
would much better result I think.
Yes, this is too busy, but just messing around and tbh I kinda like it when it's against a white background.

DirectorGunner

Grand Admiral
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Edge noise looks like an artefact from culling a solid background. If you expand the selected area by a pixel does that resolve the issue?

It's from the AE render, transparency has like subtle ghosting or something in it I had to clean up in photoshop on the 22 frames, and even doing that, I think what I did wrong is select with anti-aliasing on so when I cleared selections it changed the edge pixels outside of cleared selections. their color shades.

edit:
Getting closer, is a number of issues in the after effects render between comps.
LoadingGif3.gif
And then in mapping those colors to a GIF color selection.
Ends up giving that 1990s Cool World cartoon effect

Last edited:
Reactions: Mich Angel

August

Admiral
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
Iterative
Hi Gunner, is there an intro for Yellow Jackets? Gauna has previously made a logo.

Need something for the edited videos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mich Angel
Forgot your password?