Headcount for Citizencon hotel group

How much are you looking to spend on a hotel? (per night)

• Total voters

darjanator

TEST Master Brewer
Jan 18, 2015
RSI Handle
darjanator
He wants to do it, he even has an agreement with Tokyo about an extra ticket, since he didn't manage to buy one, but finances for the actual trip are an issue. I'll tell him the meeting is slated for Friday and he can pipe in himself.

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
He wants to do it, he even has an agreement with Tokyo about an extra ticket, since he didn't manage to buy one, but finances for the actual trip are an issue. I'll tell him the meeting is slated for Friday and he can pipe in himself.
i asked since you mentioned him staying in the room with you, im trying to figure out how we can price the house. I figure we can charge by room, and that way if there's a bunch of people who don't mind sleeping in the living room or wherever we can offer a cheaper option. we need around 800 a night for the house so the more people the cheaper it would be although im thinking of around 10 people max. If there's more we can always get another house, if you do the math on it we could get 2 of these houses and still come out 2k cheaper than the hotel.

Reactions: Tortilla the Hun

Bruzdawg

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruzr
I'm planning on flying in on the 7th or 8th until the 10th. If you have room still or someone wants to room at a hotel, count me in.

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
I'm planning on flying in on the 7th or 8th until the 10th. If you have room still or someone wants to room at a hotel, count me in.
i have a group deal for a hotel about 10 miles from the venue @119 a night plus tax but i have to see if we'll have enough people interested in the hotel. Initially it seemed so but then a wild mansion appeared... any way we're gunna try and have a meeting this friday to discuss housing and stuff like that. Itll be on our discord channel friday evening, time is flexible but im expecting around 7pm central.

Reactions: Grimbli

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
7 pm, I'll try to be there. Definitely want to weigh in on this. It sounds like a far better option than hotel in every way.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
i have a group deal for a hotel about 10 miles from the venue @119 a night plus tax but i have to see if we'll have enough people interested in the hotel. Initially it seemed so but then a wild mansion appeared... any way we're gunna try and have a meeting this friday to discuss housing and stuff like that. Itll be on our discord channel friday evening, time is flexible but im expecting around 7pm central.
I REALLY want to be in on this chat, but I can't. I'd like to put out there I'd be interested in either house. My girlfriend and I would like a room to ourselves and could take a smaller one so more people could share a larger room, but we'd want at least a queen bed.

I'd also like enough people to go we could keep it under $200 per night for me. $150 or less would be perfect, but I understand if that's not possible.

If neither house is an option for my girlfriend and I then I would relegate to the hotel.

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
I REALLY want to be in on this chat, but I can't. I'd like to put out there I'd be interested in either house. My girlfriend and I would like a room to ourselves and could take a smaller one so more people could share a larger room, but we'd want at least a queen bed.

I'd also like enough people to go we could keep it under $200 per night for me. $150 or less would be perfect, but I understand if that's not possible.

If neither house is an option for my girlfriend and I then I would relegate to the hotel.
not a problem man, ill let you know what happens.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
not a problem man, ill let you know what happens.
Thanks. Also, we'll be in LA Friday the 7th through Monday the 10th.

If needed we might be able to move to the hotel if people aren't staying long enough at the houses.

Also, we'd prefer the no smoking house as we both hate it severely and she may have respiratory problems with it.

Sorry, I know I'm a pain, but I'd like to give you as much info as possible since I won't be in chat on Fri.

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
Thanks. Also, we'll be in LA Friday the 7th through Monday the 10th.

If needed we might be able to move to the hotel if people aren't staying long enough at the houses.

Also, we'd prefer the no smoking house as we both hate it severely and she may have respiratory problems with it.

Sorry, I know I'm a pain, but I'd like to give you as much info as possible since I won't be in chat on Fri.
its cool man, thats why i suggested the second house. if theres enough of us, and right now it seems there are, we could do 2 houses, one smoking one non smoking and still save money i just need to see when people are gong to be there. If i have a half empty house its going to be hell for the people staying there. in order to get the group deal in the hotel we just need 5 rooms on that friday and saturday.

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
just a reminder to anyone whose around about the meeting in discord in about 2 hours

Reactions: Bruzdawg

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
so this is basically the consensus thus far: buy flight tickets so we know who is staying what days and make the housing arrangements later.The reasoning for making the housing arrangements later is most of the places, other than the hotel, require you to put down some percentage of the whole cost which could be from a grand to the full price of the stay. So far there is 6 of us staying from the 6th to the 11th so if you guys could make sure your dates are on this list here.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
so this is basically the consensus thus far: buy flight tickets so we know who is staying what days and make the housing arrangements later.The reasoning for making the housing arrangements later is most of the places, other than the hotel, require you to put down some percentage of the whole cost which could be from a grand to the full price of the stay. So far there is 6 of us staying from the 6th to the 11th so if you guys could make sure your dates are on this list here.
That's fine, although my girlfriend loves to plan crazy in advance to she's been on my ass about it.

Do you know if we have enough interest for the house? I'd like to at least know where I'll be staying. I filled out the doc. Would also be nice to know how much interest in the house there is exactly so I know how much to save back for it.

Thanks guys, wish I could've been on the chat.

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
That's fine, although my girlfriend loves to plan crazy in advance to she's been on my ass about it.

Do you know if we have enough interest for the house? I'd like to at least know where I'll be staying. I filled out the doc. Would also be nice to know how much interest in the house there is exactly so I know how much to save back for it.

Thanks guys, wish I could've been on the chat.
we found houses ranging from 400 to 800 a night that sleep 10 people but im planning in the event that we end up at the hotel if we don't get enough people staying for the right amount of days,so i'm saving 700 for housing.

Also don't worry about not being able to make it, im going to try and do these at least once a month so everyone can get to know each other and we can stay updated. We basically just came to the conclusion that flight prices are going to keep going up so its best to get them now that way we know who is staying what days for sure.

fastcart

Captain
Donor
Mar 3, 2016
RSI Handle
fastcart
I just used Priceline.com to save $180~ off round trip tickets. I got lucky and got non-stop flights too. My normal airline (JetBlue) only offered cheap lay over flights. I got Delta, and I'm not familiar with them. Checking their baggage fees and stuff now.

I just remembered hearing bad things about Delta...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/wheelchair-bound-passenger-forced-crawl-delta-flight-suit-article-1.1411146
and
http://www.eturbonews.com/64638/delta-airlines-needs-some-serious-disability-awareness-training

We'll see... :)

Edit:
Looks like my flight will cost $50($25*2) more. They charge for checked baggage. Still a good deal though.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?