Hello! I'm new!

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Well I'm not sure how many of you were sober with your welcomes, but thank you to all. Currently I'm at Georgia Tech taking a Cyber Security class cause I'm smart (maybe I can join SC Dev and make them hurry up the release ahaha). I will be home in a few days so I may go MIA for a couple days and don't worry. No parties for this girl! ;) I'm sober ahaha
IT is the way to go these days lots of jobs and women in IT is spread very thin so a lot of companies will pick you up due to diversity. I wanted to learn a lot of IT back in the day but decided to take another route in the long run. I learned everything I know IT wise from hands on work using forums, videos, websites, and coaching from my father when I was younger. One really huge thing to remember is get your Certs! Certs are super important in the IT world and increase your chances to getting a good job out there. Some major certs you want to look for are Security+ and at least 1 Microsoft cert in the category of IT you want to work in.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Well I'm one of those girls who follows rules because not following rules gets you in trouble and really not following rules gets some serious consequences.
That being said, once it's legal I'll probably be smashed ahaha at least for the first week I'm 21.

One thing tho I have to do is order a Vodka Martini, shaken not stirred to what the all the hype is all about. Haha!

I'm asking if all of them are worth it haha like getting all of them at one time xD
Why get them all at one time? You only can fly one at the same time, maybe a second ship is nice if you don't have the aUEC to spawn a ship faster and don't like to wait. It took me a year to get where I am right now or was it 6 months?

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
Well I'm not sure how many of you were sober with your welcomes, but thank you to all. Currently I'm at Georgia Tech taking a Cyber Security class cause I'm smart (maybe I can join SC Dev and make them hurry up the release ahaha). I will be home in a few days so I may go MIA for a couple days and don't worry. No parties for this girl! ;) I'm sober ahaha
I'm not sure if I can be classified as sober tba. I'm not drinking, but studying for my re-exams (physics, Chalmers Tech, Sweden) is making my head spinn after almost 400 hours in 4 weeks :sweat_smile:

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
Sober, no parties... in cyber security ... and smart...

humm, i believe you will be a valuable asset.

One tip, some one said: ( it's better to put more life in your years than years in your like) ... have fun, how ever you find it

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
@BluePilote

I believe it was Abraham Lincoln. I don't drink mostly because it is illegal. I tried going into a bar with colleagues and they asked for ID and I said I wasn't gonna drink, but they still didn't let me in :( and sorry for not responding soon (they don't let you take your phones or USBs in the labs ahaha)
The best part of this org, you don't have to be sorry for what u are... be your self, be proud and crash your aurora
Every else will come with time

Forgot your password?