Help getting 3.0 to work...

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Good morning/afternoon/evening you wonderfully knowledgeable people!

My machine spent 8 hours downloading the Delta patcher and the new files for 3.0, I've been able to get into the hangar and got stuck in my Auroras bed but the following issues are hampering my efforts to do much else:

1) When launching the game I get a Data p4k verify issue, as a popup - it happens 4 times then the game launches, if I press OK to get rid of the popup the game crashes and the launcher advises me to verify. I do and it does nothing, same issue persists.

2) When launching the PU, I get "Error 30033 serialize mismatch a network serializer did not match the server version." Which may as well be written in Xi'An, all I know is I appear to be the only person on planet earth with this issue as it's not on the font of all knowledge that is Google.

3) AC won't launch at all. Just goes to a black screen.

Things I have tried so far:

- Deleted the USER folder.

- Verified the files, all this does is download the manifest at 65mb a go and does not solve the issue.

So basically:

View attachment 8649

Any assistance greatly appreciated.
The 30,000 series errors are server issues and there is nothing you can do about it.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
The 30,000 series errors are server issues and there is nothing you can do about it.
I don't know if it changed, but in 2.6 you most of the time landed back in the same instance where you were before. If you start loading in an instance, you are in the instance, successfully or not.
If I had problems getting into an instance in US, I switched to EU loaded and left that instance and tried again in US. maybe this also applies to 3.0. The back draw from 3.0 is that loading into an instance stakes way more time. The last time I timed it, it was 2 minutes.

Daak Seed

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
daak-seed
And manually going through 126 pages of reports on issue council I found that report:

LINK

P.S. Great job TESTies! - lots of reports from the TEST comrades. It is a pleasure to be a part of such great community! Test Squadron - Best Squardon!

P.S.S. CIG really needs to improve search function on issue council. It makes reporting & triangulation of existing reports pain in the back!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
And manually going through 126 pages of reports on issue council I found that report:

LINK

P.S. Great job TESTies! - lots of reports from the TEST comrades. It is a pleasure to be a part of such great community! Test Squadron - Best Squardon!

P.S.S. CIG really needs to improve search function on issue council. It makes reporting & triangulation of existing reports pain in the back!
Confirmed.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
So.... Did everyone get everything sorted out then or is anyone still having problems?
Still downloading. Wasn't kidding when I said this was going to take the best part of a day.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Oooh! It downloaded!

No Shincronization issuws, no 30033 issues, got on got in my 350 and had a few passes of Oli. Frame rates were choppy but functional controls were a little iffy but may be to new AB system and not knowing it? Woudn't be fighting with frames like that, if it's like that for everyone I can see AC becoming popular again ;)

Saw two NCPs on Olisar staring at a bench intently. Joined them for a while. Thank greif for being told about the N button.

Would have played longer but the Asti has had too much of an effect to be able to learn all the new navigation tomfoolery.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hi, First time player trying to get this load I am having same issue. My pak4 is 40 GB. Should I go ahead and just delete and start over? Thank you.
Which issue is it you are having? If it is the Validation issue, I think yes the only known fix right now is a full delete (including launcher making sure it is 100% closed and not running in the background).

If your issue is the 30033 problem, it seems thats an issue on the Server side of things and comes and goes as it likes so I would not delete for that.

It took nearly 12 hours for me to fully re-install, only thing keeping me smiling is knowing that with the delta patcher it's going to be a smaller job in the future (I hope!) as it'll only update the files that have been updated and not reinstall all of the old ones from here on in :)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I believe it's the validation issues. No error code reported just the pak4 deal. Deleted and just finished the download again and it repeated same issue.
Thats no fun :(

Just to check, when you deleted how did you uninstall?

When I did it, I accidentally deleted the p4k which broke it pretty bad, so used the normal uninstaller on the launcher after hitting CTRL+ALT+DEL and closing it running in the background using Task Manager (go into processes to make sure it is 100% deactivated, it is not enough to just make sure the program is closed). I then coudn't find an uninstaller for SC so deleted the whole RSI directory in my hard drive. Laid waste to the whole Roberts Space Industries folder.

If you don't hit OK on the "Can't validate Data.p4k" pop-ups and just wait it might let you into the game anyway, does it do that?

Reactions: marcsand2
Forgot your password?