HEY! Ship advice. (I'm drunk, it's St Patty's, and this question has been asked 16903 times)

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I think if I were starting the game from the bottom, I would find an excuse to fly the Reliant. Despite its flaws, it looks like a very fun bird.

It actually pulls hard gees on a couple planes, so it will maneuver quite well for a capable pilot who keeps the one bad rotation in mind and avoids it. The shields can be upgraded. If you don't fly the wing into any rock, it should stay together.

I would pull all the missiles out of one of the Tana's wings and put an extra fuel tank to see what sort of range one can get without sacrificing the entire missile loadout. That cargo bay is likely capable of carrying an EMP generator if you want. Looks like fun for a VOID armor ship, especially given the tiny engines and heat signature. I think the Reliant is the poor man's whip to trick in hundreds of ways. The cockpit view and variable geometry never get old, and how many ships can carry a tractor beam, and what might one do with that? Can you steal the ore containers off a Prospector and fly away with them?

Just looks like fun.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I think if I were starting the game from the bottom, I would find an excuse to fly the Reliant. Despite its flaws, it looks like a very fun bird.

It actually pulls hard gees on a couple planes, so it will maneuver quite well for a capable pilot who keeps the one bad rotation in mind and avoids it. The shields can be upgraded. If you don't fly the wing into any rock, it should stay together.

I would pull all the missiles out of one of the Tana's wings and put an extra fuel tank to see what sort of range one can get without sacrificing the entire missile loadout. That cargo bay is likely capable of carrying an EMP generator if you want. Looks like fun for a VOID armor ship, especially given the tiny engines and heat signature. I think the Reliant is the poor man's whip to trick in hundreds of ways. The cockpit view and variable geometry never get old, and how many ships can carry a tractor beam, and what might one do with that? Can you steal the ore containers off a Prospector and fly away with them?

Just looks like fun.
Now why'd you have to go and start making sense? Haha

Forgot your password?