Hot off the press: Valkyrie now gets some cargo space.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
As in the title, just announced on Spectrum:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Its still relatively weak when it comes to weaponry.

The Retaliator with drop ship module is better armed.

But the Valk is just cool with those door gunners!

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
That's neat

i strongly suspect that this is less about people asking for cargo and more that it's a lot easier for them to stick to both cargo and vehicle than to just having it work for vehicles

at-2500

Vice Admiral
Donor
Aug 24, 2018
RSI Handle
at2500
i strongly suspect that this is less about people asking for cargo and more that it's a lot easier for them to stick to both cargo and vehicle than to just having it work for vehicles
I personally doubt it - vehicles and cargo on the grid are going to get handled quite differently anyways, talking from a work standpoint there shouldn't be much difference.

I must say, I REALLY like the compromise of not being able to stack cargo high - this is perfect for a drop ship. Cargo and weapon crates yai!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hmm actually I'm kinda of sad about this news...
I like the idea of ship that can't do anything and the Valk was a good assault dropship, good for the role it has been designed for: trasport troop and a light support vehicle to the hot zone and provide alimmited fire support to the troops non the ground.
I mean... it's like use an Idri, to do cargo run or troop transport... you know, sice it hase a BIG empty space (the flying deck)...

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I guess the reason why I like what they're doing is because, if there's room there on the floor, why not let me put crates in there if I want to? I have a redeemer, if I'm flying with a few Testies and we decide to pick up a bit of cargo, why shouldn't I be able to place it on the floor and transport it. I mean it's not the ideal ship for a cargo run, but if there's room on the floor, why not?

Forgot your password?