Hurricane Florence and the US East Coast

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Those of you on the East Coast from South Carolina and up should start watching this and getting prepared. Current track has it landing Friday in North Carolina. This picture is self updating from the NOAA site.

MyFoxHurricane Model. Updates frequently: http://www.myfoxhurricane.com/gfsext_atl_pwater.html

Be safe, Be prepared and be smart.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Batten down the hatches, dudes.

Those of you on the Eat Coast from South Carolina and up should start watching this and getting prepared. Current track has it landing Friday in North Carolina.

Be safe, Be prepared and be smart.
Wait... there is a state in the US called "SC"... then why is Star Citizen headquaters based in TX???

Frad in'Ryth

Vice Admiral
May 25, 2017
RSI Handle
FradinRyth
Im willing to bet water bottles are already sold out here.
My local Harris Teeter was near out yesterday but had a full shipment coming this morning which I suspect is already gone. I've got a few extra gallons in the fridge ready between that and the RO filter off the sink I'm not too worried.

If it ends up looking really bad, we'll just bail and go visit the in-Laws over in Asheville before it hits. Mrs. Frad is going to be up in NYC for work and supposed to be flying into RDU Friday evening. I don't see that happening.

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
Also it's a good rule of thumb to fill up ur bathtub with water in case water lines burst. Put a bucket in it and now when u have to go #2, you just fill up the tank on top of ur toilet and you can flush it on down! \o/
You can also use the water to drink or cook with(if u have some cooking surface that doesn't use power).

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
One model I've seen is that the hurricane straddles land and sea and just stays stationary for several days like Hurricane Harvey did for 3 days over Houston resulting in massive floods and damage. One article I read even called Florence the Harvey of the East Coast. and I've seen one prediction of 48 inches of rain to be dumped. You should all be preparing to evacuate if this looks to be the case by Tuesday.

Forgot your password?