Status
Not open for further replies.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
There should not be a TEST piracy at all IMO, it will not work to have a org that incorporate all genre and then have one branch that destroy them all... I understand the thing, let every one play the way they want but this is a non working idea in the long run it's a "moment22" and that never work.
IMO anyone think it is a solvable solution to that and it can work is just deluding himself eventually it will be a disaster.

If people want to be pirate fine I am all okay with that I see no problem in that, I'll even support it...
But then join a pirate org or make one your self..
But this is my 2 cent, how i think about it... CHEERS! :beers::beers::beer:

Reactions: Blind Owl

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
There should not be a TEST piracy at all IMO, it will not work to have a org that incorporate all genre and then have one branch that destroy them all... I understand the thing, let every one play the way they want but this is a non working idea in the long run it's a "moment22" and that never work.
IMO anyone think it is a solvable solution to that and it can work is just deluding himself eventually it will be a disaster.

If people want to be pirate fine I am all okay with that I see no problem in that, I'll even support it...
But then join a pirate org or make one your self..
But this is my 2 cent, how i think about it... CHEERS! :beers::beers::beer:
Jokes on you, TEST already is a pirate org!
:dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Jokes on you, TEST already is a pirate org!
:dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:
I just knew that would stir the pot.. mm.. :joy:
That's how you trick a pirate to reveal himself, that's all for to day class resume making that Rum and Beer for me.. :P

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Piracy will never pay well. Commodity prices will be set by carebears operating in safe space, where heavy competition will lead to low profit margins.

The only way to operate in unsafe space will be as a member of large org with plenty of mates in-system to resond to a distress call. This is why you joined TEST.

If you find another large org operating in unsafe space, you will be able to get a good fight from them, but you will never get away with much loot.

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
Piracy will never pay well. Commodity prices will be set by carebears operating in safe space, where heavy competition will lead to low profit margins.

The only way to operate in unsafe space will be as a member of large org with plenty of mates in-system to resond to a distress call. This is why you joined TEST.

If you find another large org operating in unsafe space, you will be able to get a good fight from them, but you will never get away with much loot.
Piracy will pay well only by helping keep the carebears out of unsafe space, so trade runs will be extremely profitable since everyone else will just be doing them in safe space. Regulating the trade market as well as keeping other black market orgs out of business to keep illegal goods selling at high prices.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I suppose we are at an impasse. I'll make it, but I dont want you stealing it.

Maybe if you are REALLLLLY nice, I might share it.
We're not just any pirates. We're YOUR pirates. This means that if you have another person making beer in your neighborhood, then bad luck and misfortune may descend upon them. Your profits stay high and we get to drink beer! It's a win-win because you're not the one with all the bad luck.

Ships. I want to steal SHIPS!! And Beer.
That's flawless logic there. Can't steal beer and ships as a miner, a medic, a fuel gatherer, a hauler, or an explorer. Piracy is the only solution.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
We're not just any pirates. We're YOUR pirates. This means that if you have another person making beer in your neighborhood, then bad luck and misfortune may descend upon them. Your profits stay high and we get to drink beer! It's a win-win because you're not the one with all the bad luck.

That's flawless logic there. Can't steal beer and ships as a miner, a medic, a fuel gatherer, a hauler, or an explorer. Piracy is the only solution.
You may be onto something here.....

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I suppose we are at an impasse. I'll make it, but I dont want you stealing it.

Maybe if you are REALLLLLY nice, I might share it.
Ok and I'll also slap you a couple of dollars for your time.

Impasse eradicated! Path clear! You really should become some kind of councillor / negotiator.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Ok and I'll also slap you a couple of dollars for your time.

Impasse eradicated! Path clear! You really should become some kind of councillor / negotiator.
Printimus - Master of Ultimatum Negotiations.

I kinda like it, has a certain ring to it.

Ryonin Shonin

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
RyoninShonin
I couldn't resist the taste and smell of tears and blood in the water, even if they are kinda old and taste like dust.
Times are tough ill take what i can get ;)

1. I have a feeling that a players standing will not affect the org they are in

2. Players and orgs will be able to set there own personal standings towards players and other orgs.
Example(the standings I set towards another player is for me to see only, the standings my org sets will be viewed by anyone in the organisation and possibly be public) If anyone has more information on how it will work out please correct me :slight_smile:

3. Semantics is the fine dance between Marauders, Buccaneers, Privateers, Bounty Hunters, and Pirates.
I find it very difficult to dance to another's expectations under the influence of my vices of choice, and the time used to convince other people that my dance is better does not get me any closer to funding my vices ;)

Piracy "the practice of attacking and robbing ships at sea" "is an act of robbery or criminal violence by ship- or boat-borne attackers upon another ship or a coastal area, typically with the goal of stealing cargo and other valuable items or properties"

Privateering
uses similar methods to piracy, but the captain acts under orders of the state authorizing the capture of merchant ships belonging to an enemy nation, making it a legitimate form of war-like activity by non-state actors.

However we justify our actions to commit crimes in the eyes of the U.E.E. does not really matter to me, but lets not try and take some moral high ground in defending our actions, it will only fall on deaf ears. When we steal someones cargo whether there an enemy of test or not they are going to have some strong resentment and anger towards us.

The only rule I stand by is this is a game and I do not like exploiting game mechanics to grief players. That said being a pain or thorn in someones side can easily be misconstrued as griefing. That's why opening communication with the players you are attacking is good protocol, I have made the best of friends from people I have commited piracy against. Test is a friendly supportive community!!! In past games Iv'e played, I have all ways sent out a chat invitation to the players involved in the conflict. I usually give advice and outline there mistakes. Also we used to keep funds to replace a players ship and use that as incentive to bring them into our org. This usually ends with that player being recruited or a new friend being made. When you show that your'e not an ass and that you are simply playing the game and using the mechanics put in place, people tend to get over it. This scenario does not allways play out for the best though. Some players will be too stubborn to listen and will want to try and villify you. Nothing in game gets my addrenaline going like a good fight where it is all on the line, when other players realize you give them access to that with a high probability of success they hardly ever turn down the offer.

Piracy to me is more like an allignment, like good or evil. I would not be a Pirate in RL because like most people I have a moral compass. But that is why I play games to be able to play or portray fictional characters, Piracy is not a cut and paste profession it is allways evolving and changing. Players change defensive strategies, pirates have to find new ways to set traps. This type of gameplay is what I am interested in.

But like Plagueis said we don't want to be helping players from other orgs when we could be doing business with other test members. I feel our piracy division will not have the numbers to be truly self sufficient and it makes more sense to support other groups in test and essentially offer protection in lawless space where the missions, minerals, and rewards will be the greatest. If i need a part for my ship and i have pursued my contacts in test and no one has one for sale than i want the option of requesting a parts delivery through test controlled space, and should have the proper channels to ensure safe passage.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I couldn't resist the taste and smell of tears and blood in the water, even if they are kinda old and taste like dust.
Times are tough ill take what i can get ;)

1. I have a feeling that a players standing will not affect the org they are in

2. Players and orgs will be able to set there own personal standings towards players and other orgs.
Example(the standings I set towards another player is for me to see only, the standings my org sets will be viewed by anyone in the organisation and possibly be public) If anyone has more information on how it will work out please correct me :slight_smile:

3. Semantics is the fine dance between Marauders, Buccaneers, Privateers, Bounty Hunters, and Pirates.
I find it very difficult to dance to another's expectations under the influence of my vices of choice, and the time used to convince other people that my dance is better does not get me any closer to funding my vices ;)

Piracy "the practice of attacking and robbing ships at sea" "is an act of robbery or criminal violence by ship- or boat-borne attackers upon another ship or a coastal area, typically with the goal of stealing cargo and other valuable items or properties"

Privateering
uses similar methods to piracy, but the captain acts under orders of the state authorizing the capture of merchant ships belonging to an enemy nation, making it a legitimate form of war-like activity by non-state actors.

However we justify our actions to commit crimes in the eyes of the U.E.E. does not really matter to me, but lets not try and take some moral high ground in defending our actions, it will only fall on deaf ears. When we steal someones cargo whether there an enemy of test or not they are going to have some strong resentment and anger towards us.

The only rule I stand by is this is a game and I do not like exploiting game mechanics to grief players. That said being a pain or thorn in someones side can easily be misconstrued as griefing. That's why opening communication with the players you are attacking is good protocol, I have made the best of friends from people I have commited piracy against. Test is a friendly supportive community!!! In past games Iv'e played, I have all ways sent out a chat invitation to the players involved in the conflict. I usually give advice and outline there mistakes. Also we used to keep funds to replace a players ship and use that as incentive to bring them into our org. This usually ends with that player being recruited or a new friend being made. When you show that your'e not an ass and that you are simply playing the game and using the mechanics put in place, people tend to get over it. This scenario does not allways play out for the best though. Some players will be too stubborn to listen and will want to try and villify you. Nothing in game gets my addrenaline going like a good fight where it is all on the line, when other players realize you give them access to that with a high probability of success they hardly ever turn down the offer.

Piracy to me is more like an allignment, like good or evil. I would not be a Pirate in RL because like most people I have a moral compass. But that is why I play games to be able to play or portray fictional characters, Piracy is not a cut and paste profession it is allways evolving and changing. Players change defensive strategies, pirates have to find new ways to set traps. This type of gameplay is what I am interested in.

But like Plagueis said we don't want to be helping players from other orgs when we could be doing business with other test members. I feel our piracy division will not have the numbers to be truly self sufficient and it makes more sense to support other groups in test and essentially offer protection in lawless space where the missions, minerals, and rewards will be the greatest. If i need a part for my ship and i have pursued my contacts in test and no one has one for sale than i want the option of requesting a parts delivery through test controlled space, and should have the proper channels to ensure safe passage.
Agreed.

I'm a thug, not a griefer. I want to do things for profit, not for cruelty. I want open communication as well. If the people I'm attacking are good sports about it, then I'll take less or offer them a trade. Heck, if I'm attacking some ship out there and he / she contacts me and starts trying to sell me stuff, there's no way that I could continue the attack without hearing out their entire selection.

If players show me that they are willing to work with me, then I'll be willing to work with them. Starting the whole attack with open comms and a pirate themed song will likely be my trademark. I mostly just want to help the outstanding and good TEST members by getting them things from the shady side of the verse. My order of helping people goes, my friends, TEST, myself, then everyone else and in that order too. I will help TEST before I help myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?