If you were designing a ship from the interior out ...

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I want more ships with the cockpit in an unconventional position. Like the Hammerhead. I love the look of that cockpit. Or the Reclaimer.
I hear ya on that. It seems like unconventional cockpits would allow for some interesting gameplay. People would complain about a certain design, but it turns out with a skilled pilot it could be OP at whatever you have it doing. Plus they look cool.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Okay, If I were to make a distillery ship this'd be the low down:

To get the most production from as little energy outlay as possible i'd have the still pipes around the engine exhaust nozzles - If anything the engines may be at the FRONT of the ship and the rest is built around the long trail of heat that comes from them in sort of a U shape.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
We need a stripper pole right in the middle of the ship.
Alright, lets build on this. The stripper pole(s) will be clear and have beer flowing through it. The poles will be flanked by hot tubs and blackjack tables. Cruise ships have mini bars everywhere, why can't we? The toilets will be made of an unknown element more valuable than gold, and much more aesthetically pleasing. Think some sort of insane crystal. We need a holo system that can project anywhere in the ship. Getting a bit lonely? Fill the hallways with holograms of your favorite celebrities. I want triple redundancy on all the systems, because the last thing I need is for my hologram of Margot Robbie laying next to me in my space-mink-skin covered bed to flicker out during combat. I gotta keep my head clear you know? Speaking of combat, The ship won't have any weapons besides size 15 fusion torpedoes capable of causing what we would call a nuclear winter annihilation and a giant swarm of stealth attack drones. This ship doesn't fuck around. It will be fully autonomous, so the hell with piloting. An AI will know the best moves I could make, all I have to do is tell it relatively where I want to go and who's world I want to destroy. Also it will have the best soft serve ice-cream in the universe. WIP of course.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I want a medium sized intelligence ship. Like a terrapin and herald mix with e-war capabilities. The carrack is more exploration based and probably wont fill the role quite as well as a dedicated mid sized ewar/intel ship.
Can we call it the Anvil Growler? :)

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Alright, lets build on this. The stripper pole(s) will be clear and have beer flowing through it. The poles will be flanked by hot tubs and blackjack tables. Cruise ships have mini bars everywhere, why can't we? The toilets will be made of an unknown element more valuable than gold, and much more aesthetically pleasing. Think some sort of insane crystal. We need a holo system that can project anywhere in the ship. Getting a bit lonely? Fill the hallways with holograms of your favorite celebrities. I want triple redundancy on all the systems, because the last thing I need is for my hologram of Margot Robbie laying next to me in my space-mink-skin covered bed to flicker out during combat. I gotta keep my head clear you know? Speaking of combat, The ship won't have any weapons besides size 15 fusion torpedoes capable of causing what we would call a nuclear winter annihilation and a giant swarm of stealth attack drones. This ship doesn't fuck around. It will be fully autonomous, so the hell with piloting. An AI will know the best moves I could make, all I have to do is tell it relatively where I want to go and who's world I want to destroy. Also it will have the best soft serve ice-cream in the universe. WIP of course.

Just make sure the toilet is not see through and has a slight down draft, nor should it be cold or warm.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
If I had my way, there would be a Starfarer design called the Starfarer Saloon. The Saloon will be a standard Starfarer in almost all respects, with the following changes:
  • It will feature a fully functional Irish pub, or similar style tavern in what is now the cargo hold.
  • The kitchen will be converted to an fast order kitchen dedicated to fried finger foods from all over the galaxy.
  • The fuel canisters will also be converted, or convertible to beer kegs.
  • Instead of scooping hydrogen for propulsion and manufacturing fuel, the ship will have the option to scoop and purify alcohol directly from nebula clouds.
Ships Offensive Capability
  • Some of the ship's available weaponry will be modified so that it consists of rail guns that can shoot complimentary shots (literally) and snack foods to lure otherwise hostile forces into boarding actions where they would discover a party in progress.
  • This capability could also be used for distance delivery of shots and finger foods. This might require a laser weapon in order to keep hot food hot while in transit over long distances in deep vacuum.
Ships Defensive Capability
  • In the event of interdiction, complimentary poutine in liberal quantity would be shot via rail gun, at the canopy of every ship involved in the interdiction.
    • This would be it's primary defensive tactic - since any Canadian will tell you poutine cannot be easily cleaned from a windscreen.
    • unless the ships implementing the interdiction want to party, in which case we'll just raise the prices in the tavern.
  • These ships would only fly from Noon till 1 AM, and Happy Hour would be 5 PM to 7 PM. However, somewhere in the universe there's always a place where its 5 PM.

Forgot your password?