In a shocking upset, Mr Hasgaha wins the Star Citizen screenshot contest

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Haha, I saw the tweet while i was on the bus back from downtown (which is kind of like a migration in Houston). Congrats @mr-hasgaha !! It was a great screenshot. What I liked about it was either by design or accident it seemed very personal, like a picture you get in your mind when someone's telling a story. Most of the others were good technical shots, or I didn't get that much of a sense of the story being told.

And Happy Birthday. Get drunk. I mean. Enjoy the Optane SSD!!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Not to worry Glorious Leader......
Some of us always lose.
Ah, you found the words I couldn't... but as the old saying goes:

"Throw enough shit at the wall and some of it's gonna stick"

With 17,000 members it was only a matter of time the ones with talents started to show :slight_smile:

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
Much to the surprise of almost nobody, @mr-hasgaha has won the Optane SSD in the screenshot contest.

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/991056270135320576

Is TEST tired of winning yet?

So much winning!
Thanks!! I've banned from entering the next rounds of the same contest... so someone else has to step up.

Haha, I saw the tweet while i was on the bus back from downtown (which is kind of like a migration in Houston). Congrats @mr-hasgaha !! It was a great screenshot. What I liked about it was either by design or accident it seemed very personal, like a picture you get in your mind when someone's telling a story. Most of the others were good technical shots, or I didn't get that much of a sense of the story being told.

And Happy Birthday. Get drunk. I mean. Enjoy the Optane SSD!!
I did get drunk on my birthday... and received lots of take-home liquor too... plus a Lego set.
(not pictured, a bottle of Johnnie Walker Scotch; Double Black

Congratulations @mr-hasgaha :beers::beers::beers:
Thanks!!

Yay congratz fellow TESTie!
Thank you

Congrats! I'm not jealous at all!

...you sure you need that SSD? Your PC seems to be doing just fine :3
Well, I have two SATA Samsung 850 EVO's (250 GB). I've never used a PCIe SSD before. Do I need it?.. probably not. Do I want it, yes. PLUS, I confirmed with Tyler, it comes with the Sabre Raven!

What I need is a new GPU... my R9 390 is showing it's age.

For those like me that didn't see it, and prefer not clicking a twitter link because... you know... twitter.
Thanks man

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
such a great shot btw were you in quantum drive? lol how did you pull that off. this has just been upgrade to my new background. @mr-hasgaha do you have the 4k version of this?
Thanks! I'm glad you like it.
  1. No, I was not in quantum travel. For whatever reason, the Gladius shot out that blue "plasma" when it blew up. I know MISC ships do that, but I don't remember the Gladius doing that. But it worked out well.
  2. This shot took me about 2 hours to set up and capture. All of my shots that I submitted were very time-consuming and well planned out.
  3. And yes, here is the full 4k version: https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/872/39872439900_4c92f43dcf_o.png

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
Congrats. Shocked my non-combat screenshot of a screenshot didn't win.
"Space Combat" was probably one of the toughest themes to start with given the fps and lag spike issues... plus the limitations of the camera. This new contest for "scenic vista" will be an more accessible for people I think. Too bad I can't enter.

Many congratulations @mr-hasgaha!
Thank you

Damn, that is pretty cool. Congrats!
Thanks!

Forgot your password?