Piracy [In-Game Occupation] Let's raise the Black Flag! (TEST Piracy)

Mettan

Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Metan
I'm still thinking about getting a Red. Need more info on SAR, though, before I can make up my mind. And even after we're given the info, I'll still have a hard time deciding, because that's how I roll.
I got a Red, but mainly because I anticipate a high mortality rate in all of my operations. Hence, why I choose to lead from the back. >P

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I got a Red, but mainly because I anticipate a high mortality rate in all of my operations. Hence, why I choose to lead from the back. >P
I'm wondering just how profitable SAR will be. I hope, at least, pirates won't attack us out of decency.
I mean, who shoots at medics, right? Right?...

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Melted down and consolidated my fleet.

Currently have a Cutlass Blue (well, Black with an unapplied Blue upgrade depending on specifics of the Blue rework), Buccaneer, Caterpillar, and 4x Dragonflies (3 for the Cat, and 1 for my Cutlass.)

Plus about 200 bucks in reserve credit for Caterpillar modules ᕙ(♥♥)ᕗ
Perfect. I like it.

Reactions: marcsand2

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yeah, at one point I had 2 Cutlasses, a Caterpillar, Herald, Buccaneer, and a pair of Dragonflies.

Then I realized I can only fly one ship at a time, so might as well have ones that I like the most and a tricked out Cat rather than having 80% of my hangar be full of ships I never fly.
I have been trying to minimize my fleet. I originally only wanted 4. I now have 7 . . .and two Dragonflies. I'm a bit of a sad owl about that, because I know I'll never be able to get all the use I want out of them. If there was a way to minimize my fleet but keep the utility, I certainly would. Unfortunately, I have a huge amount tied up in a Mega-Explorers pack, so its a one melt deal. If I think of something before the weekend, I'll certainly go for it though.

I want to privateer and salvage with a light and a heavy fighter plus one single pers multirole.
Thinking the Cat can do Salvage and Privateer (ok, pirate)
Bucky and ???(Warden or Hornet) for Fighters
Cutty for general purpose/multirole ship.
Melting my mega explorers pack nets me $1010
Suggestions?
fleet (5).png

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
@Blind Owl
My $0.02 looks really good as is.

Gotta Haves Utility
Carrack (XL Explore/Multipurpose)
Cat (L Extreme Multipurpose)
Cutlass/Freelancer (M Multipurpose, both solid really depends on how you want to play at that ship class/size)

Murder
Vanguard (M)
Buccaneer (S)

Unknown Bonus Space
Terrapin (S Scanning Niche, may pair well with Carrack or redundant ?)
Dragonfly (XS to cool to melt, I couldn't)

If you specifically wanted minimum # : max utility ratio, I would melt everything but Carrack, Cat, Cutlass, Vanguard. Use remaining towards section modules and BUKs.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
@Blind Owl
My $0.02 looks really good as is.

Gotta Haves Utility
Carrack (XL Explore/Multipurpose)
Cat (L Extreme Multipurpose)
Cutlass/Freelancer (M Multipurpose, both solid really depends on how you want to play at that ship class/size)

Murder
Vanguard (M)
Buccaneer (S)

Unknown Bonus Space
Terrapin (S Scanning Niche, may pair well with Carrack or redundant ?)
Dragonfly (XS to cool to melt, I couldn't)

If you specifically wanted minimum # : max utility ratio, I would melt everything but Carrack, Cat, Cutlass, Vanguard. Use remaining towards section modules and BUKs.
I haven't even begun to assess the multiple options I have for this. It's insane when I really look at it. There are so many avenues I could go about approaching the situation. Haha. I don't want to end up with too many big ships. One really. Right now thats the Cat. I may keep a CCU to Carrack sitting around just in case though.

Reactions: Reptar Khan

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Efficient! I like that.

Reading through everything, I see that I have Blind Owl's problem as well. In the beginning, I planned for 5 ships total. You know, because our hangars held 5 ships when I started. I thought 5 and that's it. So then I got my 5 ships and I was good. But then I started working some extra hours ant work... and then the UEE Exploration packs came out... and then I felt like I could really help our my group of friends by being the one who takes up the work horse ships, you know, so they could all just grab their favorite fighter when they started and earn whatever they want in game. I didn't really care too much because I'm not looking to make a whole bunch of money for myself and hoard it all. I like raising the income of the people around me too.

So now my fleet is way too big and there's no way for me to shrink it down. I'd just be stuck with less ships and a lot of store credit if I did that. I mean, I could just get a bunch of Big Benny's shirts with the money and only have to do laundry once a month. So now I'm just looking for ways to use my fleet that are a little more interesting and creative than most. Like using a Crucible for smuggling and piracy. The Crucible carries a ton of components aboard to repair ships. We will eventually get fake components for ships that lets you store things inside and smuggle them. Who's really going to check every component on a repair ships for illegal goods?

So I'm hoping that I can be of some help here.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Efficient! I like that.

Reading through everything, I see that I have Blind Owl's problem as well. In the beginning, I planned for 5 ships total. You know, because our hangars held 5 ships when I started. I thought 5 and that's it. So then I got my 5 ships and I was good. But then I started working some extra hours ant work... and then the UEE Exploration packs came out... and then I felt like I could really help our my group of friends by being the one who takes up the work horse ships, you know, so they could all just grab their favorite fighter when they started and earn whatever they want in game. I didn't really care too much because I'm not looking to make a whole bunch of money for myself and hoard it all. I like raising the income of the people around me too.

So now my fleet is way too big and there's no way for me to shrink it down. I'd just be stuck with less ships and a lot of store credit if I did that. I mean, I could just get a bunch of Big Benny's shirts with the money and only have to do laundry once a month. So now I'm just looking for ways to use my fleet that are a little more interesting and creative than most. Like using a Crucible for smuggling and piracy. The Crucible carries a ton of components aboard to repair ships. We will eventually get fake components for ships that lets you store things inside and smuggle them. Who's really going to check every component on a repair ships for illegal goods?

So I'm hoping that I can be of some help here.
I like where your head is at. Keep that mind working.

Forgot your password?