Piracy [In-Game Occupation] Let's raise the Black Flag! (TEST Piracy)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I really only plan on using mine to haul my loot. Does not really need guns, have cutlasses and buccaneers to do stuff like that. In my opinion. Or we can just crash it, I mean that's cool too.
It was going to be my home base: It needs to be defensible. Le sigh. Purty please CIG, give my girl some guns.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Only downsides of relying on Cat modules to get her up to snuff is

a) You need to invest more money into an already pretty pricey ship to get her up there
b) Gunnery/Turret/Missile modules will likely have lower cargo space as a tradeoff

This means you need to spend more money and sacrifice more cargo space to get up to ships of similar size that have more firepower. Starfarer has more firepower (Quad S4 gimbals and twin S5 turret in the front alone) and more hauling capacity than the Cat- without any modules!

If any freighter should have heavy forward facing firepower, it should be the Cat. Other freighters should focus more on rounded defensive turret configurations.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

a) You need to invest more money into an already pretty pricey ship to get her up there
b) Gunnery/Turret/Missile modules will likely have lower cargo space as a tradeoff

This means you need to spend more money and sacrifice more cargo space to get up to ships of similar size that have more firepower. Starfarer has more firepower (Quad S4 gimbals and twin S5 turret in the front alone) and more hauling capacity than the Cat- without any modules!

If any freighter should have heavy forward facing firepower, it should be the Cat. Other freighters should focus more on rounded defensive turret configurations.
One hundred percent agree. I'm irked that they killed the "fighting freighter".

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

One hundred percent agree. I'm irked that they killed the "fighting freighter".
That being said, I really pray she has some sort of redeeming factors. I've been fucking stoked for the Cat for a long time, and I want a shit ton of versatility out of her. If that's not forthcoming, well, who's to say.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
That being said, I really pray she has some sort of redeeming factors. I've been fucking stoked for the Cat for a long time, and I want a shit ton of versatility out of her. If that's not forthcoming, well, who's to say.
The thing that I'm thinking about is: "Why did Disco Lando make the Dev tell us that it had 'decorations' in the front and then said that they would be checking the Caterpillar forums to see what we think? Also, why is there an honesty dial on the controls?"

I'm thinking that those 'parking sensors' are not what they seem. Also, the warning labels are hilarious. This Caterpillar may end up being something more than Hornet food after all.

As far as trading away modules, it holds more than the original 512 SCU of cargo, so I'm fine with trading 1 module for some more guns. I'm not stoked about doing that since they already cut us down from 5 modules to 4, but I have accepted that. Maybe we'll be able to trade out the tractor beam for a large cannon since it is on an S6 hardpoint.

@Stevetank you should find a pic of the tank from "Tank Girl", and paint it Black and Yellow.
Like this one?

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The thing that I'm thinking about is: "Why did Disco Lando make the Dev tell us that it had 'decorations' in the front and then said that they would be checking the Caterpillar forums to see what we think? Also, why is there an honesty dial on the controls?"

I'm thinking that those 'parking sensors' are not what they seem. Also, the warning labels are hilarious. This Caterpillar may end up being something more than Hornet food after all.

As far as trading away modules, it holds more than the original 512 SCU of cargo, so I'm fine with trading 1 module for some more guns. I'm not stoked about doing that since they already cut us down from 5 modules to 4, but I have accepted that. Maybe we'll be able to trade out the tractor beam for a large cannon since it is on an S6 hardpoint.

Like this one?
We should be so lucky about the parking sensors, lol. This is probably one of the most frustrating things for me in regards to the Cat, and CIG in general. The Starfarer is armed to the bloody teeth compared to the Cat, and the Cat was supposed to be the "fighting freighter". I would love to actually receive what I payed for. I love this ship, and the versatile fighting freighter was what sold me on it. Now we have a "versatile ship", but we have no idea what we'll actually get for modules. Oh I know what they say we'll get...but then they also said she was a fighting freighter.
Aww man. The RSI sneak peek email shows the Caterpillar just has sensors.

Par for the course.
Make my Cat great again!

Forgot your password?