Piracy [In-Game Occupation] Let's raise the Black Flag! (TEST Piracy)

LiterallyAlty

Space Marshal
Jul 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Literally
I look forward to seeing what game mechanics allow, especially from the perspective of a passenger on transports. =D

Reactions: Blind Owl

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Double post because this is different, but I am debating melting down the majority of my fleet (currently 2x Buccaneers, 2x Cutlass Blues, 1x Herald, 1x Caterpillar, 3x Dragonflies) to get a Polaris corvette for some heavy fire support and/or Pirate Flagship.

Keep a Cutlass or Buccaneer for my small ship, buy a Cat in game, and use the Polaris as necessary. Of course you guys are more than welcome to crew it or borrow it. Depends on price and how good it looks at shooting stuff.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I meant more in terms of pulling off stealth shenanigans. Like... disabling power and life support, while venting the passenger compartment.
sounds more like space terrorism than piracy

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Double post because this is different, but I am debating melting down the majority of my fleet (currently 2x Buccaneers, 2x Cutlass Blues, 1x Herald, 1x Caterpillar, 3x Dragonflies) to get a Polaris corvette for some heavy fire support and/or Pirate Flagship.

Keep a Cutlass or Buccaneer for my small ship, buy a Cat in game, and use the Polaris as necessary. Of course you guys are more than welcome to crew it or borrow it. Depends on price and how good it looks at shooting stuff.
if it's 650 or less I'm doing it too. We can take turns who gets to be flagship.

Honestly not a bad idea, these things will probably take weeks to get replaced in game by insurance. Having a backup could be useful, and allows us to not have to be so sparing with our use of it. We can use it all the time, safe in the knowledge we'll have one when we need it.

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
I am debating melting down ...(less dahaka) to get a Polaris corvette for some Pay2PWN!

(WTFHaxPlzNerf!!! Mustang Delta can't win against a capital ship??? :,()

Depends on price and how good it looks at shooting stuff after drinking heavily.
I'm doing this btw, it's gunna cause sweet tears to flow if we find a solo Idris pilot trying to mine or some nonsence :D

Also logical reasoning: larger ships will cost exponentially more in game (per CR): maximum bang4$ is meltingly everything to biggest ship you see yourself using & getting everything else ingame.

Last edited:

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I'm doing this btw, it's gunna cause sweet tears to flow if we find a solo Idris pilot trying to mine or some nonsence :D

Also logical reasoning: larger ships will cost exponentially more in game (per CR): maximum bang4$ is meltingly everything to biggest ship you see yourself using & getting everything else ingame.
Shit man, having 3 corvettes would be fucking rad. I'm so down for this.

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
Well hell if we have x3 TEST PAL Polarai we could harass / threaten / win against Atlas Idris Care Bears everyday of the week!

Oh Oh!!! We need to give them all the same name!
Or number them 1-10 & not have in between numbers!

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker

Well, well, well.....now this is a pleasant surprise.

I have 4 main hopes for 3.X Star Citizen.
1) Optimization please please please. I want more than 20 FPS when the server is full on 16 players.
2) Caterpillar is fun and actually the "combat freighter" it was sold as.
3) Herald has EWAR mechanics introduced with it so it's useful.
4) For the love of god don't fuck up the Cutlass rework.

Also no news about the Buccaneer? :/ It would be pretty stupid IMO to not do the Buccaneer while your artists are working on every other Drake ship currently.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Well, well, well.....now this is a pleasant surprise.

I have 4 main hopes for 3.X Star Citizen.
1) Optimization please please please. I want more than 20 FPS when the server is full on 16 players.
2) Caterpillar is fun and actually the "combat freighter" it was sold as.
3) Herald has EWAR mechanics introduced with it so it's useful.
4) For the love of god don't fuck up the Cutlass rework.

Also no news about the Buccaneer? :/ It would be pretty stupid IMO to not do the Buccaneer while your artists are working on every other Drake ship currently.
I share your hopes. Caterpillar is the ship I've most been looking forward to, but now that is nearly upon us, I start to get anxious. I want to like the Herald, but it seems completely focused on a mechanic we've yet to see and good at nothing else(?). I would assume they would not be predicting work on the Red and Blue without planning on the Cutlass Black rework being completed by then.
X32FyyA.png

And the Bucky, where o where is the Bucky?
I want to be a Drakester, I really do, just been let down for so long...

Mettan

Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Metan
I share your hopes. Caterpillar is the ship I've most been looking forward to, but now that is nearly upon us, I start to get anxious.
Bought a caterpillar, cuz, why not, traded it in for a Carrack, cuz, Carracks cool, then I saw the Polaris and I was like, that's cooler, my money . . . . oh my money, why'd you have to burn.
I would not diss the Herald just yet. We have no idea how important an info runner will be in the game yet. It could be cooler than shit as it is.

Still to the point, PIRACY, HELL YEAH!

Forgot your password?