Yay or nay?

• Total voters

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
published titles ONLY,.......for now.
Welp, it's getting torn apart and re-edited into a non SC title then. HUGE waste of time to keep it an SC book with how few people gave a shit about its existence. That was my last attempt to float it to the community, so Ill stop bugging folks about it now.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Welp, it's getting torn apart and re-edited into a non SC title then. HUGE waste of time to keep it an SC book with how few people gave a shit about its existence. That was my last attempt to float it to the community, so Ill stop bugging folks about it now.
aww, i didnt mean to offend. We can definitely give your novel a shot! Hang in there man, I know getting your writing out there is no easy task.

All I meant by my previous comment was that as a new book club, I wanted our first book to be something well-known so as to spark interest for other new-comers. That doesnt mean we wont accept new writing and stories. Throw in your nomination at the end of August and it will go to a vote which book is next.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
aww, i didnt mean to offend. We can definitely give your novel a shot! Hang in there man, I know getting your writing out there is no easy task.

All I meant by my previous comment was that as a new book club, I wanted our first book to be something well-known so as to spark interest for other new-comers. That doesnt mean we wont accept new writing and stories. Throw in your nomination at the end of August and it will go to a vote which book is next.
Oh, you misunderstand. haha I'm not offended at all, you just hit the nail on the head with your comment about it not being published. CIG has been burying it every time it is posted on Spectrum (Tinfoil hat: Cuz its so damn good that it offends Dave Haddock) and it hasn't really been seen enough for my two years of work to be worth it. I'll resubmit the damn thing to the book club again once I've re-tooled it and made a few bucks from publishing it. It's actually kinda nice, in a way. Now I get to go wherever the hell I want with it. The hard part will be thinking of new names for shit without sounding gobliny.

TO THE HAN CAVE!

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Oh, you misunderstand. haha I'm not offended at all, you just hit the nail on the head with your comment about it not being published. CIG has been burying it every time it is posted on Spectrum (Tinfoil hat: Cuz its so damn good that it offends Dave Haddock) and it hasn't really been seen enough for my two years of work to be worth it. I'll resubmit the damn thing to the book club again once I've re-tooled it and made a few bucks from publishing it. It's actually kinda nice, in a way. Now I get to go wherever the hell I want with it. The hard part will be thinking of new names for shit without sounding gobliny.

TO THE HAN CAVE!

Have you tried publishing it to the amazon kindle market? Might have some luck there. I am actually interested to see what you have written, maybe I will take a peek at it if I finish my current book in due time.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Have you tried publishing it to the amazon kindle market? Might have some luck there. I am actually interested to see what you have written, maybe I will take a peek at it if I finish my current book in due time.
I can't publish it in its current form without being ass-hammered by CIG's legal team (Even if posted for free). Plus, they kept sweeping it under the rug on Spectrum so fuck em. I'll leave the book up (via the link above) for a little while longer, but I will have to take it down before I publish.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Just throwing this out there--> Is anybody interested in a sporadic Old Space Game of the Month Club?

Especially when I get annoyed at a stupid bug or SC, or especially when I get really annoyed at some internet ass-hattery surrounding SC, I like to play an old game that I enjoyed and relieve stress that way.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I can't publish it in its current form without being ass-hammered by CIG's legal team (Even if posted for free). Plus, they kept sweeping it under the rug on Spectrum so fuck em. I'll leave the book up (via the link above) for a little while longer, but I will have to take it down before I publish.
Sorry to hear that :(
I've no doubt that you can make something amazing and get it published. :D

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Just throwing this out there--> Is anybody interested in a sporadic Old Space Game of the Month Club?

Especially when I get annoyed at a stupid bug or SC, or especially when I get really annoyed at some internet ass-hattery surrounding SC, I like to play an old game that I enjoyed and relieve stress that way.
Probably should start a new thread with the a diff title to get more interest.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika

well, i suppose i have time lol
A new thread is definitely a good idea, though.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I vote for Starship Troopers. I haven't read that one in a while. Does watching the movies count?
No and just a reminder to EVERYONE, that the voting will close on Sunday around midnight. Get your votes in now while you can. Currently we have a 3 way tie.

Reactions: hardroc77

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Well I am ready the Expanse books now so that's out.
And I can't vote for #9
And Artemis looks interesting, so...
Mad Magazine it is!

No really, my vote is for Artemis.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
i'm not sure what i want to vote for yet, but i just wanted to point out..."Drive" the first short story for the expanse, is only 7 pages long according to wikipedia. maybe all three short stories before the official first book "leviathan wakes" should be lumped together as one option

Reactions: hardroc77
Forgot your password?