Intergalactic Aerospace Expo 2950 Megathread - Its Done

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
So if the CNOU Nomad is actually going to be a thing, what is everyone's predictions on what it is? Where does it fit?
Probably not a starter refinery ship, maybe something similar to the Mole in size and category, a mid-sized ore refinery ship.

I'd really like it to be also a mid-sized fuel refinery ship, so far we just have the Starfarer or the DUR that can do gas refine. The latest not being a support ship. A medium fuel refinery would be great, in tandem with a Vulcan ie, if you dont need or dont want to get a Crucible/Starfarer combo.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
The last I recalled, the Taurus transports approx 144 SCU of cargo.
Originally, the Taurus is planned to have twice the capacity if the other connies 96x2= 192 SCU -- twice as wide similar to the Freelancer MAX
Plus, a very large specially designed smuggler's hold.
This will be my main trade ship....I have planned this since it was first introduced. ( CityBoppin & BarHoppin) hehehe
btw - also planned are partial side 'hatchs' in the cargo bay for quick & easy ejection of a portion of the cargo (in case of pirates- to pay them off). The only ship with this capability.
Of course, everything is subject to change.......

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Somehow with a name like "Black Widow" I kinda doubt it's a refinery ship....
Also BELLIGERENT DUCK HYPE
Was just going to ask wtf the belligerent duck was, hahaha.

I honestly hope the Nomad ends up being a medium salvager, but as you said, with a name like "Black Widow", who's to say.

Curiosity intensifies.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Originally, the Taurus is planned to have twice the capacity if the other connies 96x2= 192 SCU -- twice as wide similar to the Freelancer MAX
This will be my main trade ship....I have planned this since it was first introduced. ( CityBoppin & BarHoppin) hehehe
btw - also planned are partial side 'hatchs' in the cargo bay for quick & easy ejection of a portion of the cargo (in case of pirates- to pay them off). The only ship with this capability.
I'm another Taurus pilot - she was my first LTI ship, so of course she's called the Reoccurring Tendencies 2. There was no RT1.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
You make some rather great points @CosmicTrader .

Somehow with a name like "Black Widow" I kinda doubt it's a refinery ship....
My interest in this has perked up even further. Great catch @AntiSqueaker !

Also BELLIGERENT DUCK HYPE
She's absolutely Quack-tastic in all the right ways!

What if its an MSR competitor with more emphasis on firepower and smuggling?
Oooh, now that would be quite the interesting twist on expectations that they would surprise us with.

Forgot your password?