Invasion of Pokemon

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I MEANT IN POKEMON GO! Jesus, posting that was a mistake xD
No no no, I know what you mean't. I just mean that with the reports that some players are being lured to certain pokie stops and being assaulted for their phones and what not, that someone somewhere is gonna go stupid when a battle at a gym doesn't go their way. And then the news is going to magnify it into an "if it bleeds, it leads" type of story.

I stopped at a local gym and tried to take it over and didn't see the little angels that kept kickin' my ass and giggling about it. Kids to day have no respect for us who are old and weak

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
If you add a second googe/gmail profile to your Android you can log into Pokeman Go with either of the profiles. I actually have both kids profiles on my phone. With that I can also read their emails :) #noseyparent
Wish I had thought of this a few years ago. Back then I felt the need to spy on, I mean lovingly monitor, my kids emails and such. Now they're old enough that I trust them more.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
No no no, I know what you mean't. I just mean that with the reports that some players are being lured to certain pokie stops and being assaulted for their phones and what not, that someone somewhere is gonna go stupid when a battle at a gym doesn't go their way. And then the news is going to magnify it into an "if it bleeds, it leads" type of story.

I stopped at a local gym and tried to take it over and didn't see the little angels that kept kickin' my ass and giggling about it. Kids to day have no respect for us who are old and weak
yh, ive seen stuff about ppl being lured into stops, plus you have dishonoured yourself by losing to kids xD

LiterallyAlty

Space Marshal
Jul 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Literally
It's sad that people rushed to get a Vaporeon. Just nickname the Eevee "Rainer" and evolve it.
In other news, I defected to Red Team due to Valor being Brave, and my wife opting for it. So, yeah. Grr Instinct? Hat Instinct?

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
So ive hit level 20 in pokemon go only to realise that its a soft cap. I had been hoping that the variety of pokemon would increase as your trainer level did all the way to the proper level cap.

Im super dissappointed with how this turned out as now there is only painful grinding with nothing new except slightly higher cp levels and a tiny chance of a new monster...

My next level is 75k

Snowianth

Grand Admiral
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Snowianth
Just started this yesterday, dunno if my dog can handle all the extra walks we are going to make..... she also sniffed Pikachu for me :p
I like this concept where you actually need to go places for getting new stuff. Not just sitting on your ass behind the desk and keep eye on that your bots will make all the job o_O

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
Unless they decide to keep adding content and shit.. then who knows what will happen.. for now its something to do while i walk to and from work.
They have said regular content additions. One of the next ones is supposed to be trading. The problem now is (afaik) they're still struggling with server stability that they haven't done a full roll out. There are still region locks in place.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
So ive hit level 20 in pokemon go only to realise that its a soft cap. I had been hoping that the variety of pokemon would increase as your trainer level did all the way to the proper level cap.

Im super dissappointed with how this turned out as now there is only painful grinding with nothing new except slightly higher cp levels and a tiny chance of a new monster...

My next level is 75k

There is a lot more content coming in the next few months.

Once they figure out how to keep their servers from exploding, there are a lot of features from their previous game Ingress that can be brought in.

Reactions: Blind Owl and Walex

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex

Once they figure out how to keep their servers from exploding, there are a lot of features from their previous game Ingress that can be brought in.

That's exciting! I know a lot of the grinding group that I roll with in the evenings is getting burned out in the 24+ range (25 is about the highest anyone has gotten in my area if they've played every day since start. It's amusing to me when I can drive to the next town over (Ann Arbor), check the rural gyms along the way and recognize the people in there.

Personally I'm a little sad that the tracker isn't working. The most fun part of the game for me was seeing somthing rare not in a downtown area, and tracking it down. Now unless it pops in, it's usually a frustrating cycle of searching until it is the "closest" 3 step on your radar, running back and forth aimlessly, and then having it disappear without ever showing up.

I think I pretty much exhausted my luck with this guy last Monday when I was ~17. I am a little sad that his main attack isn't Dragon Breath, but I still love this guy to death anyway! You best believe I saw it show up on the radar, pulled over on a gravel lot and chased him down to a courtyard of an apartment complex while the residents thought I was some sort of escaped mental patient!

Last edited:

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha

Thats good. I did fly through content where i am in parramatta and im pretty keen to see mew features... get it?

Last edited:
Forgot your password?