Invasion of Pokemon

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I should probably read this whole damn thread first, but I'm all excited.

So my wifey (not a gamer - stupid jock, ha) and I decided to go for a little walk in the river valley today with our son. We start tapping about this Pokemon Go phenomenon. Then we start noticing all these people with their phones out. Almost everyone. We start getting interested.

Next thing you know, PG is installed on both our phones. Our little walk became a 3 hour excursion.

Hype! My wifey and I are playing video games together. Next step...
Star Citizen.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So, queries:
-Does the app have to stay open, or will it run in the background?
-Both my wife and I get these freezes where the app is open, but doesn't respond to input. Any ideas?
-Are there battery saving tips?

General tips for gameplay? We're both only level three. Neither of us have looked into how to level up our Pokemon up. Or power up, or whatever it's called.

So far we're just running around, capturing what we can, hitting up pokestops. This game is ridiculously fun.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Its really something new and a pretty amazing cultural phenomenon!

My wife was driving and I thought I would see if there was a pokestop around. There was one 30sec away at a roundabout.

I made her circle it 5 times while I scored some sweet pokeballs and an egg! :D
I was driving home today, my wife was scanning for Pokemon. She kept telling me to pull over (not on main roads of course) and shed take both phones and go capture a couple or hit a pokestop. Twas hilarious

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So me and some guys fom my unit got Pokémon GO and jogged around base to catch them all. Every time we hit a pokestop or caught one we did exercises. If all ppl who played did this then I feel there would be more support instead of the zombie thing.
Haha, I intend to go for runs in the river valley, and do just this.
This. I don't use it at my unit (can't let them know I play Pokemon or games or smile or feel. It ruins the image of this older NCO). But wife and i take the kkids on a run (they ride bikes) and catch them all around base and local trails. Gets them more involved and less of a "how much farther" to "can we go over there"
Family activity. This is how my wife and I started today. We're excited to head out hunting together with our little fella. This is a riot .

Reactions: AstroSam

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
So, queries:
-Does the app have to stay open, or will it run in the background?
-Both my wife and I get these freezes where the app is open, but doesn't respond to input. Any ideas?
-Are there battery saving tips?

General tips for gameplay? We're both only level three. Neither of us have looked into how to level up our Pokemon up. Or power up, or whatever it's called.

So far we're just running around, capturing what we can, hitting up pokestops. This game is ridiculously fun.
Ok some tips
App must be open and in foreground to work...this really sux...
App will constantly crash and freeze shut the app down and restart
Battery saver is in options
Catch everything
Dont use lucky eggs until you can do 40-50 evolutions in a row
The best pokemon to evolve are caterpie, weedle and pidgey and pokemon you havent caught
Dont boost any pokemon until you catch them with 1000cp or more even then it might not be a good idea
Always be hatching eggs
Dont waste time on gyms they take to long for the exp you earn
Dont buy anything from the shop youll get everything you need from stops or gyms later
Transfer doubles of every pokemon until you want to evolution grind the only keep the ones you need
Dont bother chasing pokemon early on as they will be more comon later and youll find them easilly but this might make it less fun
20 is the soft cap

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
Already about burn out on the game. I still don't feel it necessary to be like the rest of the world foolishly wondering around completely oblivious to what's going on around me.

I'll probably get back into it more after trading and hopefully the ability to battle friends or other pokemon go'erst. Plus I think the old school version of battling to weaken pokemon and capturing them is better than this point and shoot system.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
You seem not to be the only one. The stock price on Nintendo already "went" back to its price level five days ago. But nevertheless, the ralley, starting at the beginning of this month at 15k Yen, was very impressive.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ok some tips
App must be open and in foreground to work...this really sux...
App will constantly crash and freeze shut the app down and restart
Battery saver is in options
Catch everything
The best pokemon to evolve are caterpie, weedle and pidgey and pokemon you havent caught
Dont boost any pokemon until you catch them with 1000cp or more even then it might not be a good idea
Always be hatching eggs
Dont waste time on gyms they take to long for the exp you earn
Dont buy anything from the shop youll get everything you need from stops or gyms later
Transfer doubles of every pokemon until you want to evolution grind the only keep the ones you need
Dont bother chasing pokemon early on as they will be more comon later and youll find them easilly but this might make it less fun
20 is the soft cap
Holy crap. Sweet. Thanks @Sintha. My wifey and I shall use this.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So lucky eggs and eggs for hatching are different?
Always be hatching eggs
The little brown eggs you get from pokestops?
Transfer doubles of every pokemon until you want to evolution grind then only keep the ones you need
Transfer doubles? I don't understand this. I've caught some Pokemon a couple times. I should transfer the extra ones...where? How?
And then when I want to evolution grind, I use those doubles?

DrunkenTeddy

Order of 10 High Priest
Donor
Apr 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DrunkenTeddy
Yes they are different. Lucky eggs give you double XP for 30 minutes. The eggs for hatching need to be incubated for 2KM/5KM/10KM. Keep in mind that you cant be travelling faster than 24?!? KM/H to get credit for the distance traveled.

The eggs you hatch are white. If you look at your pokemon screen you can swipe it over and see the eggs you have currently.

Transfer doubles? I don't understand this. I've caught some Pokemon a couple times. I should transfer the extra ones...where? How?
If you have duplicates, select the lowest CP one and scroll all the way down. There is a button called "Transfer", it will get rid of that pokemon, but you get 1 candy of that pokemon type instead.

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan

What teddy said, but he types faster.

Lucky eggs are a half hour of double xp.
Eggs you pick up from pokestops are a right swipe from your pokemon. Tap them to start incubating.

On your pokemon list you when you tap a pokemon it will give you the details for that pokemon. Scroll to the bottom to transfer. You get 1 candy of that type for transferring. I am guessing pokemon are cannibals.

Only keep enough pidgies, weedles, and caterpies that you have candy to evolve and once you can evolve 30 or more use the lucky egg and evolve like crazy.

I like the game, but I hate the game is that weird?

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
I should probably read this whole damn thread first, but I'm all excited.

So my wifey (not a gamer - stupid jock, ha) and I decided to go for a little walk in the river valley today with our son. We start tapping about this Pokemon Go phenomenon. Then we start noticing all these people with their phones out. Almost everyone. We start getting interested.

Next thing you know, PG is installed on both our phones. Our little walk became a 3 hour excursion.

Hype! My wifey and I are playing video games together. Next step...
Star Citizen.
I am working on this too... Spent 2 hours out last night at the river looking for Pokemon with the wife. We need to figure out how to work Star Citizen into this, @Blind Owl !

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yes they are different. Lucky eggs give you double XP for 30 minutes. The eggs for hatching need to be incubated for 2KM/5KM/10KM. Keep in mind that you cant be travelling faster than 24?!? KM/H to get credit for the distance traveled.

The eggs you hatch are white. If you look at your pokemon screen you can swipe it over and see the eggs you have currently.

If you have duplicates, select the lowest CP one and scroll all the way down. There is a button called "Transfer", it will get rid of that pokemon, but you get 1 candy of that pokemon type instead.
What teddy said, but he types faster.

Lucky eggs are a half hour of double xp.
Eggs you pick up from pokestops are a right swipe from your pokemon. Tap them to start incubating.

On your pokemon list you when you tap a pokemon it will give you the details for that pokemon. Scroll to the bottom to transfer. You get 1 candy of that type for transferring. I am guessing pokemon are cannibals.

Only keep enough pidgies, weedles, and caterpies that you have candy to evolve and once you can evolve 30 or more use the lucky egg and evolve like crazy.

I like the game, but I hate the game is that weird?
Holy shit boys. Thanks so much! Well start playing with this after my going away party. Yeehaw.

Tyrone Alfonso

Grand Admiral
Jul 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Tyrone_Alfonso
Tyrone. No-one has acknowledged you yet in this thread. You started it. We hijacked it.

I've been laughing my ass off at your intermittent interjections throughout this thread. Kudos to you.
It's funny because I've been on discord about 5 times now and the same chain reaction happens every time. Someone mentions that they're sick of hearing about it and that sets off a whole new conversation lol.

Causality:

Forgot your password?