Invictus Megathread

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I was getting 16007's today, just kept trying and trying and trying until I got in, between attempts I'd try deleteting the user folder, verified the files, updateded windows and updated my graphics drivers/software. Dunno if any of it helped but I got in, in the end.

I found Drakes exhibition in the hangar at Area 18 spaceport both sweet and pitiful at the same time, nice to see they tried in the face of adversity but knowing there was a convention center over on Hurston but they just used a large hangar kind of got me in the feels for them.

I went over to Bevic and although they had the Invictus crud all over the place there still, there were no more exhibition halls, to visit once you got in the lift. A graphiti'd sign or Fly-posted poster in there giving a clue to go to the space port would have been a nice touch, otherwise if you didn't know you'd just think the show was over.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Honestly having it in a hangar makes the most sense. How do you think Origin really got an 890J into the Convention center?

Hangar you just fly all the ships in, close the doors, set up the stands.

I also love the double entendre in "When the Fleet leaves, who's going to protect you?"
Both a "Drake is the ship for the common man, power to the people!" and an implicit threat of piracy, which they profit from. Heck, to a pirate they might take that as open game season starting back up!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I used this entire event to get meltable 10 year insurance version of all the ships I fancy or quite like the idea of so I can chop and change in the future if I want.

It was a success for me. As I said before, no new money comes out of my wallet any more - I've more than done my bit, it's up to them to build the damn game now!!!

Luckily I have the capability of keeping the lid on my wallet, something that on the whole, the star citizen community seems to lack!

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I used this entire event to get meltable 10 year insurance version of all the ships I fancy or quite like the idea of so I can chop and change in the future if I want.
That's a good plan! Not too late for others that did not do that but can afford to melt something to save shiny stuff in buybacks.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Nope haven't spent a dollar of real money in 2 years. And won't be spending any ever again. Just rehashing store credit over and over to get what I want.
I'm doing the same now. I've been always treating my ships the same as Lego sets, upgrading or melting some of them from time to time to build new sets with or without additional "bricks".

This time I melted Carrack -- it was a nice test ride, but I don't need that ship. Carrack credits allowed me to upgrade one of my LTI tokens to Hercules M2, that I had in the past, but melted when I found that CIG removed Starlifter from the roadmap. I used the rest of the credits to upgrade my Buccaneer LTI to Mercury Star Runner, and to buy black skin for my Starfarer Gemini. The reason of getting MSR was the same as in M2 case: they are currently both in production.

This way three stars finally met -- Starfarer, Starlifter and Starrunner -- and my path to Polaris has been reactivated, as I have M2 to A2, A2 to HH and HH to Polaris CCUs.

-------
Mercury_TwoShips_Concept.jpeg

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yes I've got Aries, Star Runner and Hercules C2 ready to buy back when they launch. I really like Crusader ships.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
By the way, i am not sure, but by the look of the order mails i get from RSI shop, the time in the mail is +1 hour to CEST (so +3 to UTC), so it means when i bought for exemple one item at 22h59 in France (UTC+2/GMT+1) on the 31th of May it was according to the order mail 23h59 (UTC+3/GMT+2) 31th May. And next item bought at 23h05 in France on the 31th of May is shown as bought on the 1st of June at 00h05.

Does this means Fleet Week ends at 21:00 UTC 1st of June, since it is supposed to end on the 2nd? Or it is just that the european servers for orders are somewhere in GMT+2 area?

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264

It was a success for me. As I said before, no new money comes out of my wallet any more - I've more than done my bit, it's up to them to build the damn game now!!!

Luckily I have the capability of keeping the lid on my wallet, something that on the whole, the star citizen community seems to lack!
Looking at the way they are doing insurrance on these ships these days i'm starting to think they are going to do in game months not RL months lol

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Looking at the way they are doing insurrance on these ships these days i'm starting to think they are going to do in game months not RL months lol
Imagine the salt for all those backers who have a 3 months insurance game package.

"Whaddya mean a 'Month' is actually a damned week! Then it should say 'Three weeks insurance' not 'Three months insurance'!!"

Yeah I don't think with the amount of unsatisfied refunians out there they need to give them an excuse for a class-action lawsuit.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Personally, I'm hoping that they measure the insurance based on the amount of RL time logged into the game instead of either RL chronological time or in game time regardless of if the person is logged in or not.

I'm also hoping that the day before Beta for SC launches, that CIG will declare ALL ships & vehicles that are currently in hangars as having LTI to both stimulate a last rush of sales before Beta of ships in Buy back to get that upgrade. I especially want this for the limited time availability ships as well as those like the Omega & Raven that only came with 3 month insurance.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I'm also hoping that the day before Beta for SC launches, that CIG will declare ALL ships & vehicles that are currently in hangars as having LTI to both stimulate a last rush of sales before Beta of ships in Buy back to get that upgrade. I especially want this for the limited time availability ships as well as those like the Omega & Raven that only came with 3 month insurance.
While they will most probably do something with people with buybacks (like lifting the limit for credit buyback per quarter before Beta), i highly doubt they will grant LTI like that. As they said multiple time, LTI is first for original backers and backers till 2018, then high end ships/package over 1k, some very few packages that are less than 1k (entrepreneur/scoundrel pack...), and some special sale event (like saint patrick or anniversary) and finally but obviously warbond concept.
Once LTI ships dried out from players buyback stocks its gone for good on the market, exept new LTI sold on RSI shop. But there is no big difference really between 10 years insurance and LTI :)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
While they will most probably do something with people with buybacks (like lifting the limit for credit buyback per quarter before Beta), i highly doubt they will grant LTI like that. As they said multiple time, LTI is first for original backers and backers till 2018, then high end ships/package over 1k, some very few packages that are less than 1k (entrepreneur/scoundrel pack...), and some special sale event (like saint patrick or anniversary) and finally but obviously warbond concept.
Once LTI ships dried out from players buyback stocks its gone for good on the market, exept new LTI sold on RSI shop. But there is no big difference really between 10 years insurance and LTI :)
Small snags in your point are the Mustang Omega & the Sabre Raven which came initially with only 2 months insurance as part of promotions & none of them ever came with LTI even though they should have.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Small snags in your point are the Mustang Omega & the Sabre Raven which came initially with only 2 months insurance as part of promotions & none of them ever came with LTI even though they should have.
Those ships were promo codes given if you bought physical hardware stuff, its not like you bought them on RSI shop as a concept or anything like that :)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Those ships were promo codes given if you bought physical hardware stuff, its not like you bought them on RSI shop as a concept or anything like that :)
While that is true, those were still concept ships during those promotions & should have come with LTI all the same since they were intending to bring in new players / backers.

Forgot your password?