Ironclad

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Highlights of the Q&A that jumped out at me:
  • Ironclad Assault does have a retractable roof - this was discussed on Discord/Reddit quite a bit, consensus was mixed but I expected it wouldn't have one, so to me this is good news
  • Ironclad Assault 'repair facilities are not restricted by type [to just repairing vehicles or crafting vehicle components] but more by volume and resources ', more on this to be figured out when they get to it as a feature
  • The command module [of both variants, I think] is compatible between the Ironclad and Caterpillar - redesign of the Caterpillar one, not identical
  • If you detach the command module, '[the main hull] retains power, cooling, and other functionality like tractor-beam control and self-defense'
  • There is a quantum drive aboard the command module to facilitate independent quantum travel
The Q&A does not say if a detached command module could be attached to its original Ironclad hull, another Ironclad hull, or to a Caterpillar. But it does say the two ships' command modules are 'compatible', and that's quite a notable statement. I think that implies you would (eventually) be able to attach a detached command module (whether originally from either Ironclad or Caterpillar) to either ship, perhaps similar to docking a snub to a parent craft now - like the Constellations and their snubs. That sounds fun!

Edit: docking command module confirmed by CIG. Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/s/H2HvdAfGRc
IMG_0640.jpeg

Last edited:

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Thanks for posting that news, I didn't see the link on the CIG site immediately. I notice that CIG's Ironclad Q&A remains silent on the tractor beam 'next question' though: So the Ironclad Assault lacks tractor beams, but will it be possible to add tractor beams to the Assault in game later? Or are the tractor beam hardpoints gone or otherwise fully used by turrets for those?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Thanks for posting that news, I didn't see the link on the CIG site immediately. I notice that CIG's Ironclad Q&A remains silent on the tractor beam 'next question' though: So the Ironclad Assault lacks tractor beams, but will it be possible to add tractor beams to the Assault in game later? Or are the tractor beam hardpoints gone or otherwise fully used by turrets for those?
No tractor beams for the Ironclad Assault, so your answer will be an Argo SRV tow ship.

Forgot your password?