Ironclad

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
It's a bit meh. I don't think anyone really wants to do 6 man cargo running. It should do it's job of reliving a load of backers their hard earned for another month.

I am afraid I got tempted by the Polaris and picked up a carrack to polaris CCU with some spare store credit.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
*Barges in*
Quick predictions:
Cargo 1.5k
Price $550
*Refuses to elaborate further*
*Leaves*

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Has anyone done a calculation of the deck space available and why we might park inside? It really would be nice to do a comparison with the Liberator.

They mentioned parking up top in the vid. Does this mean we can presume the dorsal surface had grav plates? How many Eclipse might we stick up there?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Daak Gelrin

Grand Admiral
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Daak
Got 1 each, old money no new money.

sidelined my $250 BMM back to buybacks, upgraded Scorpius to Ironclad

bought upgrade for M2 to Ironclad Assault, just going to sit on this one

It's the buzzword of "heavy armor" that gets me every time. They need to implement armor already.

We'll see how this turns out in another exciting episode.

🍺🍻

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Cool ships. I'm liking Drake's design evolution. After waffling on which Ironclad to pick, I went for the Transport given its larger cargo, tractor beams, and retractable roof. But its missing forward turret kept bothering me. So I also picked up the Assault model for its heavier-hitter hauler / dropship / repair ship functionality, choosing to melt a few 'duplicative' dropships in the fleet to fund it. Compared to some other dropships, I realized that the Assault offers 'more-in-one-ship' dropship gameplay, with squad drop, vehicle drop, repair, and good cargo retrieval capabilities all in one ship.

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
CIG more or less identifies the Ironclad as a "6 person cargo ship". Questions: Do we really think that forming a 6-person group for cargo running is a regular, sustainable game loop? How much hauling reward is required for us to routinely make the effort to form that sized group for cargo hauling worth it? Is that still worth it if a solo 'pirate' can take out our hauler with little challenge?
With a C2, I can run between Loreville and Ita for 300K per run. The Tram ride is half the time. Can you feed 6 with twice the load? Probably.

Daak Gelrin

Grand Admiral
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Daak
Cool ships. I'm liking Drake's design evolution. After waffling on which Ironclad to pick, I went for the Transport given its larger cargo, tractor beams, and retractable roof. But its missing forward turret kept bothering me. So I also picked up the Assault model for its heavier-hitter hauler / dropship / repair ship functionality, choosing to melt a few 'duplicative' dropships in the fleet to fund it. Compared to some other dropships, I realized that the Assault offers 'more-in-one-ship' dropship gameplay, with squad drop, vehicle drop, repair, and good cargo retrieval capabilities all in one ship.
That's how I was during the decision making process. I like my M2, and no doubt, it'll probably fly better in atmo but the dropship, troop and vehicle, and good cargo seem like they will be better in the Assault. I got the transport due to the great cargo capacity and tractors with opening roof. I'm sitting on the M2 CCU right now, but will probably use it when the Assault comes out down the road.

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out a CCU chain up from one of my cheaper LTI tokens, hoping to save up a good amount of store credit.

The LTI tokens I have in my buyback are:

- Dragonfly Black (have 2 or 3 of those)
- Ranger (one of each of the 3 variants)
- MPUV Cargo (2 or 3)
- Ursa (1 standard, 1 fortuna)
- Cyclone (2 base, 1 RN, 2 TR)
- Buccaneer (x1)
- A lot of Hawks
- Like, a lot a lot of Hawks
- A bunch of Tonks
- A Hurricane

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Forgot your password?