Ironclad

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out a CCU chain up from one of my cheaper LTI tokens, hoping to save up a good amount of store credit.

The LTI tokens I have in my buyback are:

- Dragonfly Black (have 2 or 3 of those)
- Ranger (one of each of the 3 variants)
- MPUV Cargo (2 or 3)
- Ursa (1 standard, 1 fortuna)
- Cyclone (2 base, 1 RN, 2 TR)
- Buccaneer (x1)
- A lot of Hawks
- Like, a lot a lot of Hawks
- A bunch of Tonks
- A Hurricane

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
The easiest way to put together a chain is to use https://ccugame.app linked to your RSI account. You can "create" a chain from your preferred source ship to the target, then refresh the chain every time a new WB CCU is on sale, to see what you need to buy to increase savings.

Using my surplus CCU's (those not currently needed for the 31 chains I was working on), my current Ironclad chains are:
1716708465225.png

Columns are: Source ship, target ship, MSRP of target, "melt"/final cost for chain, amount still to spend on chain, amount saved for chain, % saved.

I could save more if I replaced the starting ship with an LTI token ($5 savings) or a "referral" reward ($35 savings)... If I made these ships my priority, I can get the "melt" price down even further ($157.50 for base, $138.50 for assault).

As this is a concept ship still, it would be best to gradually build a chain over time until the ship releases by adding new WB CCU's as they release, rather than rushing a chain to add the ship to your fleet immediately... There's still the last few days of ILW, Alien week, Citizencon, and IAE (plus other sales) which will have WB CCU's before this ship is likely to release as flyable, after all.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out a CCU chain up from one of my cheaper LTI tokens, hoping to save up a good amount of store credit.

- MPUV Cargo (2 or 3)
- Buccaneer (x1)
- A lot of Hawks
- A bunch of Tonks
- A Hurricane

This is what I use....

It's pretty useful!

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Waste time? Ccugame.app is just about the most useful thing you can have if you are pledging for space jpegs. It’s indispensable.

Is nobody here bothered about the probably not retractable roof in the Ironclad Assault? It seems pretty unambiguous that (as things stand) only the base Ironclad has the big sunroof and tractor beams, despite the concept art for the Assault’s roof looking the same. The video talked about what the Assault version gains over the base one (34 jump seats, more turrets and armour, vehicle repair/part fabrication bay and the rest), and those are cool additions. Makes it an amazing org-scale combined arms drop ship. But it didn’t really highlight the features that are not carried over to the assault from the base. Not complaining, just worth being clear about. There needs to be an FAQ, so folks understand what they are getting and not getting with each variant. They are more different than they might initially appear.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm seeing reports on the Twitter or whatever it's being called today that the Irony has gone up in price IN IT'S OWN CONCEPT SALE...?

Anyone got any info on this? I'm guessing a $5 CCU from the Hurc was too much to resist and was decimating potential sales?

Daak Gelrin

Grand Admiral
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Daak
I'm seeing reports on the Twitter or whatever it's being called today that the Irony has gone up in price IN IT'S OWN CONCEPT SALE...?

Anyone got any info on this? I'm guessing a $5 CCU from the Hurc was too much to resist and was decimating potential sales?
Yes, the price did go up $10 I see.

Is this a first for a ship price to increase during it's own concept sale? I can't remember it happening before.

Luckily I got my M2 -> Ironclad Assault CCU for $5.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale

- MPUV Cargo (2 or 3)
- Buccaneer (x1)
- A lot of Hawks
- A bunch of Tonks
- A Hurricane

If you are only using Store credit there is no cheaper path. If you are willing to put in some new money though,
You are going to have to pay attention over the next week to the CCU thread. https://testsquadron.com/threads/ilw-2954-wb-ccu-watch.21205/

As they come around again grab:
  • Gladius to Gladius Valiant
  • Gladius valiant to C1
  • Prospector to Retaliator
  • Sentinel to Aquila
  • Aquila to Starfarer Gemini
  • Starfarer Gemini to Valkyrie

Your new money outlay is $50 which saves you $105 off the total. (If my math is correct.) Your starting token will need to be less than $90. Make sure you grab a CCU to the Sentinel (From the Andromeda perhaps) before the sale is over and a Valkyrie to Ironclad before the sale is over. and you can fill in the holes at your leisure.

So $295 (minus whatever savings your token gives you) in store credit and $50 in new money.

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
oh great, more accounts to register. I love registering accounts for stuff that I'll almost never make use of... (/sarcasm)

is there anything that won't waste my time with pointless accounts?

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
and I'm only going to be using it once or twice if ever. I'm not going to make a new account and add to the password bloat just for one time.
You should be able to use this website without registering. You can manually create CCU chains instead of the website having access to your account info.

I mean....I've saved hundreds...maybe more over the years by playing the CCU game. 5 min to set up an account to save hundreds of dollars. 'Shrugs'

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
So, potential thought in regards of the Ironclad assault version, an image shows that it can hold 4 Nova tanks in its hangar bay. I'm curious if you could position a pair of Nursa Rovers at the back facing out to have their ramps inward, then would their be room for 3 Spartans to carry those assault troops in the jump seats into ground missions similar to the new bunker & distribution center missions? If so, then after the troops clear the exterior & begin moving inside, the Ironclad could potentially lift up & move closer in case any of the troops need to respawn. Of course, this is assuming the possibility that the current respawn changes are still in effect after the Ironclad is released in game.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I think the vid said the graphic showed four tones but five would fit. So odds are you could put three Ballista and three to four Nursa in there. If you keep a Nursa alongside each Ballista, you can use the latter to store gear for respawn. I would not plan to respawn on Nursas in the Ironclad during assaults. That just puts restrictions on what the ship can do.

Who has been flying the Tally in vtol? Does it have enough precision control to provide close air support with all those turrets? I’m impressed with the crazy number of shields.

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I think the vid said the graphic showed four tones but five would fit. So odds are you could put three Ballista and three to four Nursa in there. If you keep a Nursa alongside each Ballista, you can use the latter to store gear for respawn. I would not plan to respawn on Nursas in the Ironclad during assaults. That just puts restrictions on what the ship can do.

Who has been flying the Tally in vtol? Does it have enough precision control to provide close air support with all those turrets? I’m impressed with the crazy number of shields.
The video showed 4 tanks in the cargo bay and one in the repair bay right behind the cargo bay.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
The video showed 4 tanks in the cargo bay and one in the repair bay right behind the cargo bay.
That is what I saw as well 4+1 in the repair bay. Based on what I saw, I don't think the Nova tank will fit in the normal version as it looks like the ramp clearances won't be there. However, you MIGHT be able to use your tractor beam to lift tonks in and out of the regular ironclad, but not 100 percent sure on that.

Forgot your password?