IT'S HERE 3.1 PTU

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
. . .the game won't stand a chance to run decently on any hardware, no matter how powerful, as long as the game engine is still bound by the network code updates, which is kinda of a real mess still, and the network culling thingy is not implemented. That fix is aimed for the 3rd quarterly patch, and who knows how much longer it will take until it's actually done. So for now, Do Not even think about investing in hardware based on SC performance! For the moment, your physical location, time of day, number of hairs on your neighbors cat, and simple luck of the draw has much more to do with performance than your PC specs.

edited cos I messed up the specs on workplace machine
Thanks.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
You guys depress me, with no decent ssd and everything else not great
I tried running PU on my wifes machine : old samsung ssd, a 750ti 2gb, i5 3xxx, and only 8gigs RAM. It took like 2-5 mins to fully load into PU
LMFAO, I have an optane, 1080ti, an 6700k and 32GB RAM, still I get 500+ seconds loading time when I try to login at evenings == prime time. Yesterday morning I got below fckng 90 seconds load time... what the hell, I even didn't had time to get a beer!!!! (around 10:00 AM)

Yes, crashing happens often, especially during times were my load-times are 500+ seconds. Yes, FPS is a lot higher, but it also fluctuates more when in combat. Somehow I liked the stable 20+ FPS above the 40+ unstable FPS. Combat got better in PU, pirates even can shoot you down, ESP isn't super strong or super weak anymore. I didn't do a single trade run in 3.1, I guess that that is a wise choice.

Overall I think that SC got better with 3.1, despite the outrages long loading times, crashes and what else went wrong with this update. Therefor we also got some good things back.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Yesterday was the first time in awhile I was able to fly around and do some stuff without crashing yay!! Although I lost all my settings so doing that over was a bit annoying but anyways I crashed my ships a few times shot at some stuff and bought some new armor!!! Its clear I may be doing something other than dog fighting as its not my strongest skill haha.

Forgot your password?