Joystick / HOTAS Table Mounts by MONSTERTECH

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
So I have a CH flightstick pro and a CH fighterstick. They both have different bases. I looked on the website but I only found mounts for one of them. On top of that, the mount looked as though there were no screw holes to put screws through. Am I going to be able to use this product to securely hold my joysticks or should I get a couple of t16000s instead?

My current problem is that I move the joysticks so hard in every direction that I tip the joysticks off their bases while playing. I need something that will allow me to temporarily bolt them down to the desk and this product seemed to fit what I needed until I looked at the mounting plates for my particular joysticks.

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
I vote TM T16000 route...
I really don't know much about your current set up.. could be fine.. but if Olsen doesn't make plates for one of them (maybe he does.. ask ), go with a proven winner set up.

Reactions: Stevetank

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I vote TM T16000 route...
I really don't know much about your current set up.. could be fine.. but if Olsen doesn't make plates for one of them (maybe he does.. ask ), go with a proven winner set up.
Is there any way to get the t16000 to not snap so hard back to center? My current joysticks are built to last 30 years and since they are new, the springs are very stiff. Every time I cross the axis, I get an uncontrollable jerk which causes me to lose accuracy, like gaming with a mouse in the back of a pickup truck going down an old and unmaintained service road at twice the speed limit.

Reactions: StdDev and Miasmic

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Is there any way to get the t16000 to not snap so hard back to center? My current joysticks are built to last 30 years and since they are new, the springs are very stiff. Every time I cross the axis, I get an uncontrollable jerk which causes me to lose accuracy, like gaming with a mouse in the back of a pickup truck going down an old and unmaintained service road at twice the speed limit.
I have seen a youtube vid where the guy just used 2 tie wraps to compress the spring, wait a sec... I think I found it on TEST forums with comment on the nice music :joy:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NsEpDkFvdU

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Ok, maybe someone can help my final problem with the t16,000s...

How do you bind all of the buttons you need?

I've seen many videos and most of them say that with 2 t16000s they have more buttons than they know how to bind. I don't know how they do it since the total number of buttons on 2 of the joysticks is dwarfed by the number of buttons that I regularly use on the keyboard. Not the buttons that I can use, byt only the buttons that I use regularly.

Weapons group 1
Weapons group 2
Missile lock
Fire missile

Next enemy
Previous enemy
Next ally
Previous ally
Nearest enemy

Boost
Break
Afterburner

Gimbal lock toggle (guess I don't need this one)
Coupled mode toggle
G-safe

Launch flare / chaffs
Cycle countermeasures

Zoom
MFD 1
MFD 2
MFD 3
MFD 4

Shield power
Weapons power
Engine power

Ship power toggle
Shield power toggle
Weapons power toggle

Shield forward
Shield back
Shield port
Shield starboard
Shield top
Shield bottom
Shield reset

It was hard enough to get all of that on my hotas setup with the CH fighterstick, CH pedals, and CH throttle pro.

Reactions: StdDev

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
The use of Voice Attack can take care of a lot of this.. and talking is easier to remember that which button you programmed.
The actual binding is fairly easy .. I watched a youtube video that shows how to do a lot of what you need.

Reactions: Stevetank

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
The use of Voice Attack can take care of a lot of this.. and talking is easier to remember that which button you programmed.
The actual binding is fairly easy .. I watched a youtube video that shows how to do a lot of what you need.
Maybe the t16000 isn't what I need then. The way I speak and how I sound when I talk makes it so that no software I have ever found can understand me. Siri, Google, and Cortana all think that I just say gibberish. I need more buttons :/

With my hotas, it was easy for me to remember what I had mapped. Each 4 way hat had a theme and the 8 way hat did the shields.

I'm not at the point where I want to order custom warthogs for maximum performance and buttons. I already spent most of my money on ships, ha.

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
For CH joysticks and throttles and the old T16000M we include self adhesive velcro pads to secure them to the mounts. Works perfectly.
Well... that works too I guess. I'll probably order them in a couple of weeks just as soon as I figure out which joysticks I want. I wish that they made better lefthanded joysticks for these dual joystick setups :/

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Ok, maybe someone can help my final problem with the t16,000s...

How do you bind all of the buttons you need?

I've seen many videos and most of them say that with 2 t16000s they have more buttons than they know how to bind. I don't know how they do it since the total number of buttons on 2 of the joysticks is dwarfed by the number of buttons that I regularly use on the keyboard. Not the buttons that I can use, byt only the buttons that I use regularly.

Weapons group 1
Weapons group 2
Missile lock
Fire missile

Next enemy
Previous enemy
Next ally
Previous ally
Nearest enemy

Boost
Break
Afterburner

Gimbal lock toggle (guess I don't need this one)
Coupled mode toggle
G-safe

Launch flare / chaffs
Cycle countermeasures

Zoom
MFD 1
MFD 2
MFD 3
MFD 4

Shield power
Weapons power
Engine power

Ship power toggle
Shield power toggle
Weapons power toggle

Shield forward
Shield back
Shield port
Shield starboard
Shield top
Shield bottom
Shield reset

It was hard enough to get all of that on my hotas setup with the CH fighterstick, CH pedals, and CH throttle pro.
ow boy, here we go again, let me see....first get a nice picture, second, don't get the illusion that you will use all bindings, so concentrate on the important ones:

RH: Yaw + Pitch + Roll
LH: strafe left right up down, twist strafe forward back

RH1: Weapons group 1
LH1: Weapons group 2

RH3: Missile lock / Fire missile
RH2: Launch flare / chaffs
RH4: Cycle countermeasures

LH3: Boost
LH2: Afterburner
LH4: Brake

LH hat up: Shield forward
LH hat down: Shield back
LH hat left: Shield port
LH hat right: Shield starboard

the next 3 are hard to find a good location, I almost would prefer LH4 shield reset above Brake:
Shield top
Shield bottom
Shield reset

RH hat up: Reticle focus
RH hat right: Nearest enemy
RH hat left: Next target
RH hat down: Pin target

RH 13 - 16:
Next enemy
Previous enemy
Next ally
Previous ally
Next pinned
Previous pinned

LH 5 - 14:
Shield power
Weapons power
Engine power
Ship power toggle
Shield power toggle
Weapons power toggle

But still 12 button left:
RH7 (LH operated): Gimbal lock toggle (guess I don't need this one) yes, you will need that one, toggle it off when entering ship and let it there
RH 8?: Coupled mode toggle
G-safe you better can leave this one on

RH slider: Zoom
RH5 (LH operated): MFD 1
RH6 (LH operated):MFD 2
RH10 (LH operated):MFD 3
RH9 (LH operated):MFD 4

still 6 buttons left

Last edited:

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
ow boy, here we go again, let me see....first get a nice picture, first don't get the illusion that you will use all bindings, so concentrate on the important ones:

RH: Yaw + Pitch + Roll
LH: strafe left right up down, twist strafe forward back

RH1: Weapons group 1
LH1: Weapons group 2

RH3: Missile lock / Fire missile
RH2: Launch flare / chaffs
RH4: Cycle countermeasures

LH3: Boost
LH2: Afterburner
LH4: Brake

LH hat up: Shield forward
LH hat down: Shield back
LH hat left: Shield port
LH hat right: Shield starboard

the next 3 are hard to find a good location, I almost would prefer LH4 shield reset above Brake:
Shield top
Shield bottom
Shield reset

RH hat up: Reticle focus
RH hat right: Nearest enemy
RH hat left: Next target
RH hat down: Pin target

RH 13 - 16:
Next enemy
Previous enemy
Next ally
Previous ally
Next pinned
Previous pinned

LH 5 - 14:
Shield power
Weapons power
Engine power
Ship power toggle
Shield power toggle
Weapons power toggle

But still 12 button left:
RH7 (LH operated): Gimbal lock toggle (guess I don't need this one) yes, you will need that one, toggle it off when entering ship and let it there
RH 8?: Coupled mode toggle
G-safe you better can leave this one on

RH slider: Zoom
RH5 (LH operated): MFD 1
RH6 (LH operated):MFD 2
RH10 (LH operated):MFD 3
RH9 (LH operated):MFD 4

still 6 buttons left
Looks like I need 4 hands to hit those buttons and fly the ship at the same time.

I'm not sure that dual sticks are for me then. When flying with the keyboard, pedals, and mouse, I can hit all of these buttons without sacrificing mobility. My pinky and thumb hit all of the optional buttons and my other 3 fingers each controls an axis for strafe or roll. My mouse pulls the nose of my ship around and the buttons on the side let me control the shields. The pedals I have do the throttle like a gas pedal would.

I'm not sure that I'd want to have a setup that forces me to give up control of my ship in order to select targets or manage shields :/

I'll think about it.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Looks like I need 4 hands to hit those buttons and fly the ship at the same time.

I'm not sure that dual sticks are for me then. When flying with the keyboard, pedals, and mouse, I can hit all of these buttons without sacrificing mobility. My pinky and thumb hit all of the optional buttons and my other 3 fingers each controls an axis for strafe or roll. My mouse pulls the nose of my ship around and the buttons on the side let me control the shields. The pedals I have do the throttle like a gas pedal would.

I'm not sure that I'd want to have a setup that forces me to give up control of my ship in order to select targets or manage shields :/

I'll think about it.
agreed, the T16000 lacks a few buttons on the stick. the T16000 has 1 trigger, 3 buttons and one hat. I have 2 Warthogs, one Warthog has 4 4-way switches, a dual stage trigger, 2 pinky switches and 2 other switches.

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
Right Stick: Screenshot (67).png Pitch and yaw with roll on the rot. (for the hat U, i'm not sure if its called "focus target", whatever the command is to target whats in the crosshairs)

Left Stick: Screenshot (66).png Strafe with up/down on the rot.

I do have stuff mapped to the bottom buttons on the left stick, but I never use them so I don't remember what they are binded to lol. I use Voice Attack for everything else.

As for your voice recognition issue. You can "train" windows to recognize your voice better. The more times you go through the training, the better it gets at recognizing what you say. I can speak pretty sloppily now and it still knows what I want. It does get confused here and there, but its pretty great. I have set up a command that plays back when there is a unrecognized voice command, mainly so I know when/what it is having issues with so I can edit those commands within the program. The Midnight HCS Voice pack has some pretty funny stuff in there.

Plus there is a pretty big star/constellation encyclopedia included to talk to your ship about. Enough gushing about VA. Best $13 (*$25 for both) I've ever spent.

**Also, there is an option in windows voice recognition that "allows" it to better recognize accents. Try that out (even if you don't have one)

Last edited:

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
agreed, the T16000 lacks a few buttons on the stick. the T16000 has 1 trigger, 3 buttons and one hat. I have 2 Warthogs, one Warthog has 4 4-way switches, a dual stage trigger, 2 pinky switches and 2 other switches.
But dual custom warthogs on desk mounts cost the same as an Idris.... and I already spent the money on the Idris!

Hmm.... I still need to think on this.

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Right Stick: View attachment 7159 Pitch and yaw with roll on the rot. (for the hat U, i'm not sure if its called "focus target", whatever the command is to target whats in the crosshairs)

Left Stick: View attachment 7158 Strafe with up/down on the rot.

I do have stuff mapped to the bottom buttons on the left stick, but I never use them so I don't remember what they are binded to lol. I use Voice Attack for everything else.

As for your voice recognition issue. You can "train" windows to recognize your voice better. The more times you go through the training, the better it gets at recognizing what you say. I can speak pretty sloppily now and it still knows what I want. It does get confused here and there, but its pretty great. I have set up a command that plays back when there is a unrecognized voice command, mainly so I know when/what it is having issues with so I can edit those commands within the program. The Midnight HCS Voice pack has some pretty funny stuff in there.

Plus there is a pretty big star/constellation encyclopedia included to talk to your ship about. Enough gushing about VA. Best $13 (*$25 for both) I've ever spent.

**Also, there is an option in windows voice recognition that "allows" it to better recognize accents. Try that out (even if you don't have one)
Well, at least trying out voice attack won't break the bank. Seems like it's going to cost me in reaction time more than anything else.

I'll give it a try next paycheck.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
As for your voice recognition issue. You can "train" windows to recognize your voice better.
I tried to "train" my Windows, but apparently my English is too bad for any Windows :joy: Right now I try to concentrate on getting my team mates understand me instead of windows :wink:

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
Well, at least trying out voice attack won't break the bank. Seems like it's going to cost me in reaction time more than anything else.

I'll give it a try next paycheck.
I would just do the training through windows before you buy anything. Just see how it plays with you. VA uses windows voice recognition, so I would go through the "training" a few times and see if it would be worth the buy first. But keep in mind that you can make the voice command for Voice Attack anything you like. So, if it has trouble recognizing a word, just change it. For example, my computer can't recognize me saying "Chaff" for the life of me. Just doesn't get that word, so I dont use it,, but I've seen other people use it just fine.

As for the reaction times, its really not that bad and some things are faster. For instance I can still wait until the last second to say "Countermeasures" or "all counters" and it will fire a Flare, cycle cm's, then fire a Chaff. Much faster than I can do.

***But my favorite is "Departure handover". My ship will take off to a height of 30m, retract landing gear, then send power to the engines. All the while talking to me lol.

Forgot your password?