Lack of TEST Javelins - Read Inside

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I think one of the things to be figured out is whether one dude on a turret is worth a dude in a fighter or missile boat.

The interesting dynamic in all this is that cap ships absorb players. Is a cap ship with, say, 20 people worth 20 fighters?

In Eve one ship absorbed one person regardless of size (or so I understand, I played Eve only a little).. so the dynamic was very different...

I am also wondering if maybe we will see cap ships having their NPCs sat by players as players have their ships blown up (will it look like the matrix when the AI took over a person?). So as the battle progresses, more and more players are jumping into NPCs on the surviving cap ships.
CIG has stated that they want the experience to be as realistic as possible, and that they're straying away from respawns; so taking over a turret from an NPC if you die won't be an option.

Pazzolupo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 18, 2014
RSI Handle
Pazzolupo
As bad a reputation as EVE Online gets for hisec ganking, I've never run into this as a major problem in my years of playing. I've been around to see it, and my father that still plays has told tales of his shenanigans.

My only point was that seeing as how many other less moral organizations are looking for an edge, they may go ship popping just to make a point. Especially during beta if there will be a reset, expect people to "experiment" with the mechanics of hisec PVP. If the larger ships have their timers for being reissued by the insurance then you would be out of your (Insert expensive/rare ship here) for a while.

The reason I bring this up so casually is because once upon a time I used to put energy into testing these type of things for my alliances in past games. Trying to poke and prod for ways to come out profitable in any sense of the word. I simply don't have time (and I'm too lazy now) to do it. I will never stop anticipating others to pull it off though.

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
I really just want to use my starfarer as a suicide bomb against a destroyer.

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle
RJ, while my Beerfarer is named Blunt Force Trauma I can assure you that I will only rarely crash into the Roulette on purpose.

eaglemmoomin

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
eaglemmoomin
I believe CIG said that they were going to prevent people from looting player destroyed ships in UEE sectors without any resistance. If you could fight off the cops long enough to loot the carcass, it'd be profitable, but from what I understand, that will be very hard.

I guess because you need to fly the salvage ship out and protect it while picking over the carcass etc etc then the chances of getting caught in hisec space increases massively.

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight

My Redeemer is standing by to drop an angry, inebriated squad of pissed off honey-badger-esque TESTies strait into their unsuspecting commie faces!

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I guess because you need to fly the salvage ship out and protect it while picking over the carcass etc etc then the chances of getting caught in hisec space increases massively.
CIG has said that cops won't just be an instagib, but they'll still be hard to fight off.

Rattle-N-hum

Space Marshal
Aug 26, 2014
RSI Handle
RattleNHum
dont you need to disable a ship before you can board? Talli HO!!! also, just in case it is in disrepair; orions sally fuchth!!!

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
dont you need to disable a ship before you can board? Talli HO!!! also, just in case it is in disrepair; orions sally fuchth!!!
As long as you can get close enough to dock(i.e. they're a bunch of noobs with craptons of money and aren't paying attention) you can invade the ship and disable it from inside. This was the mechanic I loved in star wars battlefront; bum rushing a ship, ducking the lasers, and flying into the hangar before they could close the door. Then getting out and RPGing everything in sight, obviously. :P

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I know for a fact that we have enough retaliators for dedicated bomber wings to go prowling for enemy capships; not that other groups won't have their own wolfpacks, but I don't own a capital ship so I don't care unless I'm runnig picket duty for one.

Yellowdog

Rear Admiral
Donor
Sep 30, 2014
RSI Handle
Yellowdog
What we should do is get all of our ships and align them to make the word TEST in the sky. We could take a picture of this and use it as propaganda.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
We could probably do that now, once we get access to enough of the models in cryengine. Just get a quick census of ships and use that with the cryengine viewer.

ShadyBrady

Captain
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
ShadyBrady
I have doubts folks will be flying those things out of high sec space anytime soon after PU launch which will make this very very difficult. Would that also tarnish our rating with the UEE as a clan?

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Hopefully we'll have enough legit members to keep our standings a bit above "dodgy", so the UEE won't just kill us outright.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
yeah i bet there are some who will work for the "good" side. i think ill try to stay prety much neutral XD
well im in with my cutlass. possible boarding ship?(ince its kinda like a pirat hauler?) i want one of those big ships :D then crash it in the next best non TESTie big ship XD

or participate in operation curveball with it :O

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
yeah i bet there are some who will work for the "good" side. i think ill try to stay prety much neutral XD
well im in with my cutlass. possible boarding ship?(ince its kinda like a pirat hauler?) i want one of those big ships :D then crash it in the next best non TESTie big ship XD

or participate in operation curveball with it :O
If you're looking for shit to blow up with caps, go to operation pitchfork and smoke some vanduul :)

Forgot your password?