Lets talk 3.0, funding, TEST hate and more!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hate fuels our ships.
One of my favorite comedians is Rich Hall. In one of his shorts (I think it was one of his) he and another comedian had invented a wheelchair with an engine that runs on repressed emotion. The British comedian was put in it, and Rich got him to get all repressed about stuff by asking his opinion on stuff he isn't allowed to agree with but does (e.g. legalizing pot or whatever) and the chair just trundled away into the distance.

Thats what my ship is going to run on, and it'll be the fastest in the fleet.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Good job as usual... that's why I'm a Testie... because we are VERY pragmatic and patient. Great format... keep discussing issues people are interested in. As a side note... our forum group (org) is the best with one stop shopping you can discuss anything (within reason). CD

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Mic sounds great.

All joking aside for one insane minute, I have to say I think the reason TEST continues to grow is the marked wisdom that gets expressed in these vids, over simple issues like "what direction will we go?" It is wise to decide later, save that deciding ahead of time that your goal is to provide a fun play experience. . . that is the perfect goal for this point in time.

So glad to hear you think the netcode risk is so greatly reduced. that has always seemed the greatest risk to me and it sounds like they are constantly making great improvements.

By all means, do the vids! Just in case it has not been made very apparent, some of us are attracted to the game and to TEST, who are not able to participate in the game at present. I'm an entrepreneur involved in a startup, and I work 70 hour weeks right now. I don't have the machine nor the time to do more than pop on here at TEST, and it has always been a wonderful, very positive experience. I'm looking forward to shifting my time and having more experience with both TEST on Discord, and in game, as time goes on and that is because of the adult attitudes and wisdom found in places like this vid.

You rock, Montoya! Stay at it! And please do plan what to do when the game hits Beta, and TEST grows to 30k. Stay tuned for that, folks! I know a dozen people who will be joining at Beta and I'm sure we will all be amazed when Beta opens!

Maxgerber5250

Grand Admiral
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt-Spicer
I know that I haven't been here in TEST long, but I have a few ideas of how things may periodically go with SC for us. Granted, these ideas are based on classic movies, but they seem to suit the general feeling of TEST based on those of you I've been getting to know so far.

(is it just me or does Breckin Meyer look a bit like Eric Kieron Davis?)

Add in the assortment of Lampoon & Broken Lizard movies, then put them in space.
Yep bout right. Nail on the head.

Maxgerber5250

Grand Admiral
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt-Spicer
My take, as of 3.0, if you are into instant gratification, " as in EVE " you will be sadly disappointed with SC.
This is a thinking man's game. Like Chess, but more like Risk. Lots of time planing and moving assets into place. Doing things off the cuff will be a crapshoot.The only instant gradification will be with roaming fighter groups happening on the unsuspecting travellers.
I think some of the UI needs to be looked into. Like bringing up the mobiglass to get to the map, then having to zoom out and pan around to find what your looking for, then having to select and setting that as your destination. Than you have to navigate to that bearing, than jump into quantum. Damn it takes just as long to type it as it dose to do it in game. Try doing that in an emergency. LOL goob luck with that.
Star Citizen has come a long way from walking around in your hanger, looking at your shiny new 3D ship you payed money for. I am amazed at the game we have now and looking forward for what's yet to come.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Its a logitech c920 which is fine, but its the capture program I use that does some extra compression that does not play well.
I have the same setup. And yeah, I'm looking for a better chapture program myself. You'd think that a company that puts out damn fine hardware would have damn fine software to go with it.

Hate fuels our ships.
And beans as well. Well after about eight hours of digestion first.

I have to say I think the reason TEST continues to grow is the marked wisdom that gets expressed in these vids, over simple issues like "what direction will we go?"
Another reason is that, unlike some other Orgs., Test Squadron doesn't take it self or the game too seriously. Games are about organized fun. And that what Test is, good clean fun.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
You put $250.00 into this game?? Are you insane??? You have a wife and kids and bills and responsibilities. Don't ask what my debt in this game is. I don't know and I ain't gonna tell anyone. Especially my wife. If she finds out, mad would be the most gentle response.

BTW, the microphone sounds professional.......

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
You rock, Montoya! Stay at it! And please do plan what to do when the game hits Beta, and TEST grows to 30k. Stay tuned for that, folks! I know a dozen people who will be joining at Beta and I'm sure we will all be amazed when Beta opens!
When SC finally goes live, I suspect that there will be a few of us who will feel a bit like the kids did at the end of the "Warcraft" episode of South Park.

My take, as of 3.0, if you are into instant gratification, " as in EVE " you will be sadly disappointed with SC. ... Star Citizen has come a long way from walking around in your hanger, looking at your shiny new 3D ship you payed money for. I am amazed at the game we have now and looking forward for what's yet to come.
Perhaps I'm simply easy to please, but each time I see how well Star Citizen is coming either in game myself, through prerecorded vids or through a live stream, I feel instantly gratified that I chose to back & support something as wonderful as it is becoming back before there was much of anything to look at, at all. While I lol at the various bugs encountered now that range from goofy to highly annoying, I plan on using those memories to further my enjoyment of the game when those issues have been flushed out & new issues might occasionally happen. A little positivity can go a long way.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
When SC finally goes live, I suspect that there will be a few of us who will feel a bit like the kids did at the end of the "Warcraft" episode of South Park.

Perhaps I'm simply easy to please, but each time I see how well Star Citizen is coming either in game myself, through prerecorded vids or through a live stream, I feel instantly gratified that I chose to back & support something as wonderful as it is becoming back before there was much of anything to look at, at all. While I lol at the various bugs encountered now that range from goofy to highly annoying, I plan on using those memories to further my enjoyment of the game when those issues have been flushed out & new issues might occasionally happen. A little positivity can go a long way.
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."
Rats! Foiled again.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."
Rats! Foiled again.
Here's the script at the end of the episode.
"
Member 1: They did it!
President: Our world is saved! [Randy smiles]

[Within the game. The boys' characters gather around the fallen ganker. Other characters appear and gather around the group]
Man 1: They did it! They killed him! [leaves his hiding place. Others follow]
Man 2: They did it!
Woman: They killed him! We can come out!
Cartman: Yes!
Stan: We did it!
Cartman: Yeah!

[Cartman's basement.]
Stan: Yeah.
Kyle: Yeah yeah.
Cartman: All right, yay.
Kenny: (Woohoo! Oh man!)
Cartman: We did it you guys. We're totally heroes.
Kyle: That was such über pwnage
Stan: I can't believe it's all over. What do we do now?
Cartman: What do you mean? Now we can finally play the game.
Kyle: Oh yeah.
"

Maxgerber5250

Grand Admiral
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt-Spicer
You put $250.00 into this game?? Are you insane??? You have a wife and kids and bills and responsibilities. Don't ask what my debt in this game is. I don't know and I ain't gonna tell anyone. Especially my wife. If she finds out, mad would be the most gentle response.

BTW, the microphone sounds professional.......
LOL same here. Wife has no idea, and she never will ! She tells her friends, He has a lot of ships for that game. but he will not tell me how many or how much money, and I don`t think I want to know. Shhhhhh....... it`s over 2k. lets not talk about my Rig.

Forgot your password?