Luminalia box collection loop at the commons - GET RICH!

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
People complain and worry about the silliest things in this game.
"You told us you didn't want to nerf the economy, so what about this once a year event that deals with gifts during gift giving season, huh? HUHHHHHH?"

This is why we can't have nice things. Worried about people making "mid-level" effeciency money the easy way during a wipeable alpha. But really, just more yelling at meaningless clouds because CIG hurt your feelings in the past.

Heaven forbid if someone gets some easy cash in this game around the holidays so they can help alpha test a ship they haven't bought with real dollars. Especially with the increased eyeballs on the project at the end of the year. Wouldn't want new people to actually enjoy themselves instead of grinding and trouble shooting now would we ... wouldn't be fair to the rest of us who have "suffered". 😕

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Price got down to 250/pc - back to bounties
came to say the same thing: Luminalia boxes NERFED!!!!
Huh? When did that happen? 8 hours ago they were still 1k each when trading in where I was at. It's how I'm sitting at just under 1 million after 5 days of periodic efforts for about an hour of just doing that with competition.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Damnit, I had 100 Gift boxes in my pack when I logged off to head to bed this morning & they'd been selling at 1k each. Now they have been nerfed down to 250 a pop. That royally sucks. Had I known that, I would've staggered my char over to the sales place & sold before passing out at the risk of face planting my desk. I've still earned over 800k from those now.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Wow, the amount of salt on spectrum because of this.

People saying they are uninstalling the game because boxes pay less 😆
IKR? even at 250 a box, it is still easy money. I found I had 20 I hadn't cashed in earlier, oh well, only 5k instead of 20k...maybe I should be OUTRAGED? Excuse me while I run to Spectrum lol...

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
Wow, the amount of salt on spectrum because of this.

People saying they are uninstalling the game because boxes pay less 😆
Imagine having to deal with the most vocal people on both sides of the argument like this all the time.

No thanks. lol

As soon as people start complaining about free stuff like their lives depend on it ... "Imma head out."

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
It would have been much better to gradually remove some of the spawn points and/or gradually lengthen respawn times for the boxes.

It’s fine with me that they got nerfed. They did feel a bit too generous - It seemed strange playing ‘litter picking citizen’ for a while, even if the side benefit was seeing all the dev’s hard work on landing zone details we all usually sprint past.

Cutting the value by 75% unannounced and suddenly like that was unfair on players who were running around collecting boxes and who hadn’t heard about the reduction in value from other players yet, or like @Talonsbane who didn’t cash them in immediately. Didn’t effect me, but I sympathise.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
All I can say is, I was happy that we got this gift, it really felt like Christmas that I could make a million auec with almost zero effort. I just wish I had more time to play but at least it gives me some options as to what to do next. Rent ships, try trading for more than a couple hundred auec profit and so on.

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
I think it would be pretty cool in the future if you could actually choose to open the gift and get a random loot item or sell as is. The randomness and potential to open something good spices the event up a little more.

People really do need to relax when it comes to things like these events though. I absolutely despise the "have to keep everyone down" mentality that this comes off as from a certain angle. Who cares if it artificially pumps millions into the economy of the game at this point ... it will probably be gone in 3.17, if not the patch after. Not like most people aren't using the extra money to buy a ship as opposed to trade goods anyways.

Hell, IAE tanked the economy more than those silly things ever could. And frankly ... if someone wants to spend 5 hours making a mil by picking up boxes, they've earned that money.
No way I could do that all day without slamming my head into my monitor.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
All I can say is, I was happy that we got this gift, it really felt like Christmas that I could make a million auec with almost zero effort. I just wish I had more time to play but at least it gives me some options as to what to do next. Rent ships, try trading for more than a couple hundred auec profit and so on.
My main issue is that CIG chose to change the amount suddenly & without warning. This being said, I'm happy that I was able to gather as much as I have so far. More than likely I'll periodically gather more to check prices in hopes that the prices will go back up again before the end. If not, I won't be focusing on gathering those like I have been. Instead, I'll see what other festivity activities I can TEST out. I know that 1 year players were able to get their hands on some special helmets that looked like deer horns that had blinking holiday lights. I don't know if those were obtained in game or through some sort of flair / promotion, but I think that it would be cool of CIG to randomly add in items like that into the LOOT boxes during events like this.

I think it would be pretty cool in the future if you could actually choose to open the gift and get a random loot item or sell as is. The randomness and potential to open something good spices the event up a little more.
I could really get behind this idea for future Luminalia events. Based on the Galactapedia post, that might someday be a possibility.

SC - Galactapedia - Luminalia 1.PNG

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I keep picking up the big blue boxes I'm finding but all I'm getting out of them is hospital gowns, it's not very random at all.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I always feel like I’m being judged by the NPCs at NB while I run around, over and through them scarfing up these packages. Sometimes they look up at me and smirk with this holier-than-thou look on their faces. Lucky bastards with their fancy clothes can just sit there while I snatch up the package off their tables. I don’t really care though, this is paying my bar tab at Wally’s AND Grim Hex.

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
I always feel like I’m being judged by the NPCs at NB while I run around, over and through them scarfing up these packages. Sometimes they look up at me and smirk with this holier-than-thou look on their faces. Lucky bastards with their fancy clothes can just sit there while I snatch up the package off their tables. I don’t really care though, this is paying my bar tab at Wally’s AND Grim Hex.

"The Reach of Shame"

I feel ya.

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Actually, I feel it's a relieve. It's much easier to ignore those packages now ... and do something less repetitive like bounty hunting or mining 🤣

Well, personally I feel there's not much fun to be had in the game unless your in a group anyway and probably won't be for quite some time.

It's, however, another entirely avoidable shitstorm. There's no economy to break nor would more rich players unbalance the game as it is right now in any meaningful way. Maybe they just wanted some data and the gifts are surely a way to analyze within a relatively simple scenario how much creds it takes to motivate players to do things that are absolutely boring as hell (they should have enough data about that by now though).

I can understand the frustration. It feels like a dick move towards more casual gamers especially during a christmas event that might have been just looking forward to get a ship in game with relatively low effort. Not that it really matters...

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I keep picking up the big blue boxes I'm finding but all I'm getting out of them is hospital gowns, it's not very random at all.
Keep picking up those boxes of hospital gowns. Those of us with an Endeavor (which include you if I remember correctly) are going to need a source of meat wrapping patient ware.

Forgot your password?