Making credits

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Good question.

Most of this depends on the ships you have available to you. By far, the best way but also the highest risk is trade runs. You can make a lot of aUEC running missions too, but trade seems to be the biggest returns and risk. Right now, you can also do mining if you have a prospector, but that's really only a good way until you get somewhere around 200,000 aUEC ... then if you can, do trade. The highest risk is that the game will crash and you'll lose what you mined... but you have no financial investment in the loss so... nothing risked but an hour of game.

For me... and it's really individual thing... I like to spend a bit of time trading around Port Olisar, but it gets kind of monotonous after a while. You can also find trade routes that include outposts, and the other planets and their moons. My biggest haul so far was in 3.6.2 has been a run I did for a little over 300,000 profit in a Freelancer Max, and I was carrying a mixture of cargo. The next time I tried that, the game crashed... so YMMV. Just be aware that can cost you a lot. I don't recommend using more than 50% of your available funds at any event... I try to keep it around 20% max right now.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
If you are in starter ships, I'd do delivery mixed with bounties so you don't get bored. It might not be the fastest way but it's mostly risk free and usually works, at least for the delivery missions...
If you are starting in an aurora or Mustang, get some money from deliveries (you can try doing multiple close ones at the same time) and buy some weapons for your ship to make bounty missions so much easier and faster, so you can earn more!

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Love them all when things are stable. Gravitate towards the bunker/assist in deep space and bounties. If I can refuel on a pad/box stays in place or don't need a suite to use an elevator then the freelancer makes most of the good money doing cargo :like:

Reactions: Scape and Bambooza

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
assist in deep space and bounties
The bounty assessment mission at PO somehow doesn't work for me. Every time I arrive at the mission way point, no one is around. The same goes for the assist missions. I once found somebody at the assist way point, the marker was on the ship, but it was the wrong name and the mission never completed, although I killed every possible hostile.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
The bounty assessment mission at PO somehow doesn't work for me. Every time I arrive at the mission way point, no one is around. The same goes for the assist missions. I once found somebody at the assist way point, the marker was on the ship, but it was the wrong name and the mission never completed, although I killed every possible hostile.
Oh, so they still haven't fixed that?
Had the same issues in 3.6.1, it didn't work for 3-4 sessions, then on the next day they worked fine, mostly.

Satellite hunting missions seem to work more consistently but are rather hard in smaller ships due to the time it takes to destroy a sat then find and fly to the next one. But those can be a good alternative income when you had enough of hauling boxes.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Know what you mean marcsand2! try Hurston some time. Ive been enjoying higher success there having the mechanics work for whatever the reason.
At Hurston I didn't had to complete the assessment mission, but also there the target was not present. Maybe I should try during week evenings, when it isn't prime time and the servers aren't overloaded.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Ya know its a funny thing but when I accepted the assist mission yesterday and showed up(ASAP) the mission changed from protect to eliminate due to what I thought was an NPC violation of contract. It was a player! After I killed the Constellation I was asked to rate the pilot :wut: I really felt bad about that. I didn't intend to go out and hunt a player that day!

Gerli

Vice Admiral
Sep 11, 2019
RSI Handle
Gerli
Right now I do a lot of skimmer missions. quick easy money and some combat experience if you want to engage. I am also trying to fine tune my dual T16000m sticks and learn to fly with them.
This, you can do a lot of these with an Aurora until get better weapons and go for biggest preys.
Also the Infiltration at Kareah can give you 7k crs and can be made with only the default pistol if you're quick and grab the SMG's from the first NPC to dead from your bullets. Also is very exciting to do without armor and limited ammo.

woomdawg

Admiral
Sep 9, 2019
RSI Handle
VicRattlehead
This, you can do a lot of these with an Aurora until get better weapons and go for biggest preys.
Also the Infiltration at Kareah can give you 7k crs and can be made with only the default pistol if you're quick and grab the SMG's from the first NPC to dead from your bullets. Also is very exciting to do without armor and limited ammo.
I have an Avenger Titan. Yes Kareah can be some fun. I have also done one one a planet.

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
To quickly raise aUEC after a wipe - a mix of bounty hunting (6k and 7k missions) and skimmers. Bounty hunting 8k missions and player bounties take more time and risk, and you can do 2 smaller missions with greater payoff and less risk in the same amount of time. On average takes only a couple of minutes to do a mission, so raises the money quickly. Then I buy some gear and do missions that take longer and pay less: search/investigation, delivery, - or just pretend I do exploration by flying around doing nothing.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Merc missions are good for creds, and also for developing combat skills. I personally would recommend everyone get comfortable with the merc missions before the game gets to persistence.

If fighting wasn't going to be a large component of the game every ship wouldn't have guns.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
At Hurston I didn't had to complete the assessment mission, but also there the target was not present. Maybe I should try during week evenings, when it isn't prime time and the servers aren't overloaded.
Probably because landing at Loreville is such a PITA with the hover mechanics.

Reactions: Bambooza and Scape
Forgot your password?