Making Rock Raiders an official division

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Greetings TESTies!

As most of you already know, Rock Raiders is the name our mining and industry group has taken, this is has been an ongoing project for several members, spearheaded by Black Sunder.

We have held off on creating official divisions for the simple reason that the game mechanics simply do not exist yet.

I would like to see divisions headed by leaders that have emerged naturally through time spent in the game. The reason for this is that I believe the best leaders are not the ones you who seek the position because they want power, rather because the position is thrust upon them by others who demand they step up to the task.

While we have no game yet, I have asked Black Sunder to take the reigns with Rock Raiders because of his unhealthy fixation with everything industry related in this game.

On the outside TEST appears to be a wild frat party, but on the inside it takes a lot of planning , organization and coordination to get all those beer kegs, DJ's and stripper poles installed in the living room.

Having a highly organized division to handle mining and industrial operations is essential in our plans of galactic domination.

As such I would like to see Rock Raiders continue its preparations and team building in an official manner.

When the game goes live, Rock Raiders will be responsible for official org mining operations and more.

Please be aware that you do not need to join Rock Raiders if you want to go mining. Nobody is required to join any kind of division, you can do your own thing as much as you want.

If however, you do want to join in on official org mining operations, then all you do is log in, find out where Rock Raiders are hanging out and go join them, easy as that.

Thank you and may God have mercy us all.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Last edited:

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
Any chance we can pool our considerable Test resources and try to get some kind of status from CIG on how far along mining is? The initial write-up is over a year old and I feel like game mechanics(mining, salvaging, cargo hauling, refueling) in general are taking a huge back seat right now. I would have thought a mining mini-game or some kind of basic version of it would have been in testing at this stage.

Jhonon1

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Jhon-On
Greetings TESTies!

As most of you already know, Rock Raiders is the name our mining and industry group has taken, this is has been an ongoing project for several members, spearheaded by Black Sunder.

We have held off on creating official divisions for the simple reason that the game mechanics simply do not exist yet.

I would like to see divisions headed by leaders that have emerged naturally through time spent in the game. The reason for this is that I believe the best leaders are not the ones you who seek the position because they want power, rather because the position is thrust upon them by others who demand they step up to the task.

While we have no game yet, I have asked Black Sunder to take the reigns with Rock Raiders because of his unhealthy fixation with everything industry related in this game.

On the outside TEST appears to be a wild frat party, but on the inside it takes a lot of planning , organization and coordination to get all those beer kegs, DJ's and stripper poles installed in the living room.

Having a highly organized division to handle mining and industrial operations is essential in our plans of galactic domination.

As such I would like to see Rock Raiders continue its preparations and team building in an official manner.

When the game goes live, Rock Raiders will be responsible for official org mining operations and more.

Please be aware that you do not need to join Rock Raiders if you want to go mining. Nobody is required to join any kind of division, you can do your own thing as much as you want.

If however, you do want to join in on official org mining operations, then all you do is log in, find out where Rock Raiders are hanging out and go join them, easy as that.

Thank you and may God have mercy us all.
SENPAI HAS NOTICED US!!!

Any chance we can pool our considerable Test resources and try to get some kind of status from CIG on how far along mining is? The initial write-up is over a year old and I feel like game mechanics(mining, salvaging, cargo hauling, refueling) in general are taking a huge back seat right now. I would have thought a mining mini-game or some kind of basic version of it would have been in testing at this stage.
I beleive I saw a quote about this from a recent video (this weeks 10ftC/ATV/something) and that most such things, mining/salvage, have been pushed back on the schedule to get Persistence down, Procedural Planets running, and an overall CryNetwork rework to make said Procedural Gen and much more work better. Supposedly we will see stuff end of year ish??
But I def want to know if the ideas behind the mechanics, a la that Mining Design Doc, are still on track.

Forgot your password?