Making Rock Raiders an official division

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I want to thank everyone again for their congratulations to myself and the RR staff. Be sure to check out the RR thread linked in my signature. It is where everything is posted like the new 3.1 Logo. A new Rock Report will be going live this weekend on the 2nd so be on the lookout for that. June was a big month for us and it still isn't over. :cool:

GameFleek

Seung's Bestie Testie
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
GameFleek
Greetings TESTies!

As most of you already know, Rock Raiders is the name our mining and industry group has taken, this is has been an ongoing project for several members, spearheaded by Black Sunder.

We have held off on creating official divisions for the simple reason that the game mechanics simply do not exist yet.

I would like to see divisions headed by leaders that have emerged naturally through time spent in the game. The reason for this is that I believe the best leaders are not the ones you who seek the position because they want power, rather because the position is thrust upon them by others who demand they step up to the task.

While we have no game yet, I have asked Black Sunder to take the reigns with Rock Raiders because of his unhealthy fixation with everything industry related in this game.

On the outside TEST appears to be a wild frat party, but on the inside it takes a lot of planning , organization and coordination to get all those beer kegs, DJ's and stripper poles installed in the living room.

Having a highly organized division to handle mining and industrial operations is essential in our plans of galactic domination.

As such I would like to see Rock Raiders continue its preparations and team building in an official manner.

When the game goes live, Rock Raiders will be responsible for official org mining operations and more.

Please be aware that you do not need to join Rock Raiders if you want to go mining. Nobody is required to join any kind of division, you can do your own thing as much as you want.

If however, you do want to join in on official org mining operations, then all you do is log in, find out where Rock Raiders are hanging out and go join them, easy as that.

Thank you and may God have mercy us all.

You won't regret this nearly as much as you think :) .

Reactions: Rolo and Blind Owl

GameFleek

Seung's Bestie Testie
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
GameFleek
Any chance we can pool our considerable Test resources and try to get some kind of status from CIG on how far along mining is? The initial write-up is over a year old and I feel like game mechanics(mining, salvaging, cargo hauling, refueling) in general are taking a huge back seat right now. I would have thought a mining mini-game or some kind of basic version of it would have been in testing at this stage.
They promised a in depth write with the prospector. We must rage against the machine, by asking very politely.

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
They promised a in depth write with the prospector. We must rage against the machine, by asking very politely.
I am not that hyped about the next few releases as their will still be no game mechanics to test. I guess 2018 may be the year we finally get some of this stuff.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I am not that hyped about the next few releases as their will still be no game mechanics to test. I guess 2018 may be the year we finally get some of this stuff.
2017: The Year of the Profession is my prediction.

p.s. The 4th Rock Report is live. See signature for link.

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
"I would like to see divisions headed by leaders that have emerged naturally through time spent in the game. The reason for this is that I believe the best leaders are not the ones who seek the position because they want power, rather because the position is thrust upon them by others who demand they step up to the task." Quote from post 1, Montoya.
Darn good words man.
Those seeking power make really bad leaders and admins.
Having been admin on many game servers, people seeking the power were never accepted.
"I can't wait to boot people" was a common thing heard from the younger players. No Admin for you.

Reactions: Blind Owl and Rolo

GameFleek

Seung's Bestie Testie
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
GameFleek
On a personal note, the Gamefleek stream on Twitch has surpassed the 142 follower goal. This Friday, my good friend Blood0Dragon has offered to giveaway and Advanced Hunter Package! That's right, an LTI Avenger Stalker package with Squadron 42 and Star Citizen! Join me this week 9 PM CST to learn more. Rock Raiders Rule! Test Squadron, Best Squardon.

Forgot your password?