Mercury Cult - Now on Live! Go Fly!

Firebrand

Captain
Oct 13, 2020
RSI Handle
Qallus
The pic could be from the MSR upper vent

I see what you're saying and I'm too afraid to like it... because I don't want to get my hopes up, lol. If this is the case, I will be creaming myself because we're getting even more than we could have hoped for! Ooooooo, I'm so excited:like:

Reactions: Blind Owl

Firebrand

Captain
Oct 13, 2020
RSI Handle
Qallus
The newly released image looks much smaller and tighter that than these images of the Hercules, the similarity possibly coming down to design continuity between two ships of the same manufacturer... I'm not arguing the case, we could very well be wrong in thinking the new picture is of the MSR and it most probably is the Herc, though it is fun to speculate until we know for sure.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
From the latest This Week in Star Citizen --

Touching on the space-elephant in the room, the Mercury Star Runner is in its final stages of internal polishing and is almost ready for you to take it for a spin on the PTU! Keep an eye out for more news on that front very soon.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
From the latest This Week in Star Citizen --

Touching on the space-elephant in the room, the Mercury Star Runner is in its final stages of internal polishing and is almost ready for you to take it for a spin on the PTU! Keep an eye out for more news on that front very soon.

They just put out a new build, still no MSR. :(

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
A day closer is a day closer and CIG has an actual deadline on this one.

What price do you think the MSR will be now that its going flyable?
With all the hype, $250 to $270. I, personally, don't think it should be any more than $225.

Though I do think building the hype is why they are still holding it.

Last edited:

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
With all the hype, $250 to $270. I, personally, don't think it should be any more than $225.

Though I do think building the hype is why they are still holding it.
I dunno, I would have agreed with you in that it's not so much ship that makes it vastly superior to a Freelancer MAX or Cutlass. But then I thought about it and it really is about Connie levels of utility. Maybe not as much of a gunboat, but it does have a lot to offer.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I dunno, I would have agreed with you in that it's not so much ship that makes it vastly superior to a Freelancer MAX or Cutlass. But then I thought about it and it really is about Connie levels of utility. Maybe not as much of a gunboat, but it does have a lot to offer.
That is my thought too. It is on the same level as the Andromeda which has some advantage over the MSR. So if there is a price jump I'd say no more than 240. I'm hoping for a price jump too and bought dozen of CCU recently to use for my fleet goals. We'll see.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
It hauls less than the Max and the Taurus. Unlike the Androneda, it is neither a generalist nor mentioned as modular. Given the cargo capacity and the Datarunning functionality, I would have thought it belonged between the Taurus and the Andromeda, say $195, now that it can carry a rover. Without the rover ability I would have said $175. But that is just my opinion. I own one, I don't expect it to wow me, so an increase in price, for me, is a good thing because it has a higher value as an LTI token.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
SC Leaks Discord asserts that the new price of the MSR is going to be $260 USD for credit. $225 USD Warbond.

I think the MSR price is to account for it being a hybrid of cargo and info-running. It's got more data storage space than the Herald (albeit the Herald should be much faster and has a dedicated Electronic Warfare suite which the MSR lacks) and more hauling space than the Freelancer/Connie. Shares hacking stuff with Herald too, whatever gameplay that entails. Plus the "secret" smuggling compartments.

And also it's popular and CIG will milk the cows till they stop mooing.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
250 isn't bad when you consider that the Andromeda is 275 with only the Taurus being cheaper of the Connie variants.
The Andromeda is $225.
Aquila is $275.

I know cause it's my favorite upgrade feature of the Exploration packs. So many ships within $50 of that one. Hate the Connie series as a whole though.

Forgot your password?