Mercury Cult - Now on Live! Go Fly!

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
CIG also has a frequent habit of chonking ships up from concept to design....and from design to redesign....

Cutlass is kinda funny to see the old (smaller) model (which was still overscaled according to some CIG people) to the new model.

View attachment 19072

View attachment 19073

Went from a fighter to a fatter lol. Also RIP toilet, docking collar, and the side cockpit ladder/entrance. Lost but not forgotten.
Isnt the cuttie red still bigger than the black with those original dimensions?

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Isnt the cuttie red still bigger than the black with those original dimensions?
Negative, all the Cutlasses have the exact same dimensions. I have the Red and a loaner Black and they're the same size. Canonically they're the same hulls just tweaked and kitted out differently- a Red is just a Cutlass Black with a paintjob and medical equipment in lieu of a turret and cargo bay.

However Starcitizen.tools AND the RSI site have an incorrect sizing of the Black and Blue, listing them as only 2 meters longer than they are wider- which is clearnly not the case from the models! Fleetview @ Starship.tools pulls models as is from the game and they're all the same size give or take a few inches from the push bars on the Red.

Kaus_Borealis

Grand Admiral
Jun 9, 2019
RSI Handle
Kaus_Borealis
the turrets should have been remote turrets so they could have made her sleeker
I've would wanted turrets will fold & fusion with the ship fuselage when they are offline following aerodinamic design lines.

Upper turret looks like a large pimple in a nose, sticks out aerodinamic design lines by far. I understand it's useful gaining a wide open range of fire, but flying it's somehow stylish like a dromedary.

Last edited:

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Reposting from another thread: Mercury is likely getting a price hike when it releases.

Currently only available in the 695$ Scoundrel Pack which is a Concierge only package for 695 USD (although Support will usually let you purchase it if you message them).

It also is a 100 dollar savings off the raw melt value + PU/SQ42 if that's any interest.

Forgot your password?