Mercury Cult - Now on Live! Go Fly!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
A classic example would be a Titan in every system
That is a thing you could do, but then you'd need to buy as many ships as there are systems. Assuming not every system has a safe(ish) port you could still have over 50. So you'd have to buy 39,000,000 UEC worth of Avengers and then pay 50 ships worth of insurance and possibly buy weapons/upgrades for them as the stock loadout may not be what you need. Insurance might not be an issue if you spent $2750 on LTI ships.

I think an easier method would be to have a network of Testies who have signed their ships up on some database with Location, Ship, Loan Price (if any), and their in-game contact info. But that would require a lot of record keeping and organization. Would be pretty sweet to pull off as then we'd all be able to access virtually any ship for our adventures and people with a large fleet could actually have something done with their docked ships.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I think an easier method would be to have a network of Testies who have signed their ships up on some database with Location, Ship, Loan Price (if any), and their in-game contact info. But that would require a lot of record keeping and organization. Would be pretty sweet to pull off as then we'd all be able to access virtually any ship for our adventures and people with a large fleet could actually have something done with their docked ships.
I have another option more simple: have a TEST base in every sistem that matter, with a stock of most common ship used in the orgs a good amount of parts in there, all buyed from TEST member for the ORG use: this will spread the cost of manteining ship, insurance and weapon to lots more people or being financed by in-game membership fees...
Some item could also came from salvaging wrecks, especially weapons and components.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I have another option more simple: have a TEST base in every sistem that matter, with a stock of most common ship used in the orgs a good amount of parts in there, all buyed from TEST member for the ORG use: this will spread the cost of manteining ship, insurance and weapon to lots more people or being financed by in-game membership fees...
Some item could also came from salvaging wrecks, especially weapons and components.
That'd probably be easier. I was thinking for more obscure ships needed for specialized missions.

We could easily create landing zones with habs and ships of the more easily found, such as Avenger, Freelancer, 325, and maybe even a Connie. But mining, salvage, refuel, and even personnel weaponry for special ops would be harder to find and stock in a multitude of locations.

Instead of keeping a record of all ships we could just have a lot of whale Testies list their home system on their profile, as we do with what ships are owned already. Would make searching easier although the website may need a function on how to search by those parameters. Although I'm not sure we'd want that info public. And to be honest, with the size of Test even restricting to members it's still pretty public.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Instead of keeping a record of all ships we could just have a lot of whale Testies list their home system on their profile, as we do with what ships are owned already. Would make searching easier although the website may need a function on how to search by those parameters. Although I'm not sure we'd want that info public. And to be honest, with the size of Test even restricting to members it's still pretty public.
Don't know about you but I am not sure I trust you guys to put the ships back so others can use them.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
We have a district like that in Amsterdam

edit: Jezus crhist, literally 2 posts above... I cant read

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Blind Owl

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
The special skin got the Advocacy logo removed and replaced with the Crusader one. I think this is good.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! 😭
The whole point of that skin was to have a Advocacy-looking ship... now is almost pointless.

I hope CIG will implement some way to earn an Advocacy skin in game, the color scheme is so damn cool.

Firebrand

Captain
Oct 13, 2020
RSI Handle
Qallus
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! 😭
The whole point of that skin was to have a Advocacy-looking ship... now is almost pointless.

I hope CIG will implement some way to earn an Advocacy skin in game, the color scheme is so damn cool.
What was said, was that the Advocacy name was removed for the exact reason that players should not represent an organisation that is NPC only... but the design and the colours of the Nightrunner skin remains the same, just that the wording has been replaced with the manufacturer name.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
What was said, was that the Advocacy name was removed for the exact reason that players should not represent an organisation that is NPC only... but the design and the colours of the Nightrunner skin remains the same, just that the wording has been replaced with the manufacturer name.
Yeah I guess that was the reason... kinda sad anyway, it will be cool...
There is any snakepics of the new skin? or it will be a suprise for this weekend?

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Mercury Cult - Best ship in the 'Verse*
*untill the corsair gets released
Hmm I don't know man... I mean the MSR have two toilet...TWO!!! Drake have to go way above premium to have that....

BTW, I'm reading the latest patch note for the PTU and find whis:

Ships and Vehicles
  • Added interaction to the Mercury Star Runner scanning seat to deploy/retract the scanning dish.
  • Increased quantum fuel in the Mercury Star Runner
for everybody that was warried for the radar dish stiking out rejoice!!!
also more juce for QT is good...

Also form the patch note:

• Preview icons for Mercury Star Runner paints should now appear correctly in the VMA.
So additional skin for the MSR seams preatty much confirmed?? (aside form the ex-Advocacy I mean...)

Forgot your password?