MISC Odyssey looks to be better explorer than Carrack! Buying Org Odyssey!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya

Just getting up and sipping my coffee while looking over the stats here.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/18438-Introducing-The-MISC-Odyssey

The mere fact that it collects the fuel it needs for exploration and does not rely on anybody coming out to fuel you immediately makes this the defacto long term explorer, better than the Carrack!

Grabbing one immediately for myself and another for our exploration division.

If you want to donate towards our org exploration activities, hit the donate button on the top right.

Video and thoughts incoming.

1638033398888.png

1638034645269.png

Last edited:

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Also, what are the advantages of the Carrack?

Better armor?
Probably
Also likely faster or more agile
Comes with Rover and Pisces (which also is a disadvantage, because it can really only transport snubs)
Has Drones
Modular Cargo containers (who knows what modules it might get or not, maybe one of them might make it self sufficient)
Has what probably is a Component Repair Station at some point

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
I guess drones might be important, we dont have enough info on that.
Unfortunatly not but it seems likely at some point to get drones with a limited mining capability and small refineries that could have a place in a module. Of course that might not really be viable to explore as long as the Odissey it might be enough to prolong the operation a little if it's worth it or not get stranded. The higher cargo capacity might also be important. The carrack won't run out of supplies as fast and probably doesn't need to refine/refuel as much.

Edit: I overlooked the hydrogen intakes of the Odyssey though...

Last edited:

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
Just a reminder before you push the buy button; You can't fly the thing right now, collect a few ccu's and get it at half price (paid mostly with store credits) next year.
Or get 2 for the price of 1. Sell one off and pay almost nothing for the other (if you don't want 2).

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Just a reminder before you push the buy button; You can't fly the thing right now, collect a few ccu's and get it at half price (paid mostly with store credits) next year.
Or get 2 for the price of 1. Sell one off and pay almost nothing for the other (if you don't want 2).
I did that this year... had a lot of store credits. Now have none, starting over...But my wallet and the credit card that is now safely stored in my wife's purse (so I don't buy any ships...) is happier.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Having a discussion about the T1 vs T2 beds in Discord atm.

When will you need a T1 bed if you can respawn with a fresh body in a T2?
Good question --> I'm guessing that if you are DEAD dead (i.e., your revival time expires) you need a T1 bed, other wise if you are revived within the time frame you can respawn in a T2 bed. So, big ship explosions --> T1, minor accidents with ramps & stairs should be T2 lol

Overall...I think the Odyssey is a miner's wet dream...you take the Odyssey out (with a Prospector in the bay, even) so you can find and mine Quantanium so that you can go out and stay longer to find and mine more Quantanium so that you can go out and stay longer and mine more Quantanium so that ... you get the picture.

I'm guessing that CIG won't allow you to refine anything other than Quantanium, BUT, when you've filled up that 250 SCU cargo hold with all the Quantanium you can find, you can head home and buy a bunch of space ships with in-game aUEC...and take a shower ha ha

Forgot your password?