more on missiles

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I don't have any ship with REC. Since 2.6 it takes too long to earn REC with fighting. Vanduul swarm with the Delta takes me 80 minutes for maybe 1000 REC, I'm realy bad at racing, so I bought my weapons and don't go in AC. Infinite weapons :smile:
I agree the swarms take too long for what you get. I'm pretty sure the only thing holding me back from aceing the races is my lack of Nox but until that is disproved in 3.0 i've found you get a fair amount just for trying. Around 1000 rec for coming last in a 3 person race and 1600 if the 3rd person is even worse than you and you get second(I should point out that I have only finished one race and that took 18mins of very slow flying)
REC? Did someone say REC?
REC.png

Graptor

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Graptor
Racing has been a pretty consistent way for me to have enough REC to rent ships and play around with them. And I have *never* come in first unless everyone else crashes and/or drops out of the race. I'm worse a fighting the swarms.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I was under the impression that mission running was a good way to get rec. I thought I saw a mission that was only about 5 minutes and was worth 700? And you get to pick up weapons, booze too? Is that not a viable way to earn cash?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
You can beat Vanduul swarm in a delta but can't race? Go rent a Gamma and race!
Beating
And you need to build a Sim Pit :slight_smile:
I have some good plans for a sim pit, if you are my size. I once calculated the cost afterwards, approximately 700 bucks

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
And you need to build a Sim Pit :slight_smile:
GodDAMMIT Tank, why'd you have to remind me. Haha
I was under the impression that mission running was a good way to get rec. I thought I saw a mission that was only about 5 minutes and was worth 700? And you get to pick up weapons, booze too? Is that not a viable way to earn cash?
That's aUEC. In game currency.

REC is used on the website to rent ships and equipment to TEST in game. Well, in Arena Commander.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
GodDAMMIT Tank, why'd you have to remind me. Haha

That's aUEC. In game currency.

REC is used on the website to rent ships and equipment to TEST in game. Well, in Arena Commander.
Take the cop out version like I am. Chair, sticks, and a Vive 2 for the best damn sim setup :)

Beware of 4 year olds who become aware that you can't see him if you're playing your game.

Graptor

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Graptor
Last time I used REC to rent weapons I could test them in game, but not ships rented with REC, those were only in arena commander. It's been a month+ since I have been on though, so I wonder if they changed that you can't use weapons in game anymore.

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
I'm still waiting to hear about the "Moron Missiles" advertised in the thread title... If they do what it sounds like they do... TEST just might be immune!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Last time I used REC to rent weapons I could test them in game, but not ships rented with REC, those were only in arena commander. It's been a month+ since I have been on though, so I wonder if they changed that you can't use weapons in game anymore.
Correct. Ships in AC only, weapons will follow soon, as aUEC will be your currency in 3.0, and they want you buying stuff and things from merchants.
I'm still waiting to hear about the "Moron Missiles" advertised in the thread title... If they do what it sounds like they do... TEST just might be immune!
hahahahah

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
. . . aUEC will be your currency in 3.0. . .
So basically you will be able to earn money doing things like missions, and rent ships and equip with whatever weapons you like, all with in game money? So for example, you can earn cash with missions, apply that to rent a Vanguard, equip it with whatever weapons you like, and fly more missions? All in 3.0?

Graptor

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Graptor
So basically you will be able to earn money doing things like missions, and rent ships and equip with whatever weapons you like, all with in game money? So for example, you can earn cash with missions, apply that to rent a Vanguard, equip it with whatever weapons you like, and fly more missions? All in 3.0?
Here is how I understand it, someone correct me if this is off.

REC can be earned in Arena Commander in certain areas, such as racing, swarms. Not in individual, it must be competitive. Those REC can be used in the Electronic Access store for renting stuff for (7) 24 hour periods. The stuff can only be used in Arena Commander, not in the PU (current exception is weapons, which can be used in the PU, but this goes away in 3.0 as noted by @Blind Owl)

aUEC (and eventually UEC) is earned for missions in the PU. These credits are used for in game purchases. I've not seen a store in game where I can rent items.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Here is how I understand it, someone correct me if this is off.

REC can be earned in Arena Commander in certain areas, such as racing, swarms. Not in individual, it must be competitive. Those REC can be used in the Electronic Access store for renting stuff for (7) 24 hour periods. The stuff can only be used in Arena Commander, not in the PU (current exception is weapons, which can be used in the PU, but this goes away in 3.0 as noted by @Blind Owl)

aUEC (and eventually UEC) is earned for missions in the PU. These credits are used for in game purchases. I've not seen a store in game where I can rent items.
Correct good Sir. Thank for articulating better than I was able. A tip of the hat to you.

Forgot your password?