my future idris

Elmy

Admiral
Feb 20, 2017
RSI Handle
Elmy-pcc
I would still get the armada pack. I only want 1 idris and I don't need a Javelin.
As for the ships in it. You are spot on with your guesses.
It's the Gemini yes. Contains both games packs and 20K UEC only.
your prices are also spot on. Except you forgot the Idris was at 1250 before. Not 1500. I would also guess if they sell it again this year it may cost more then 2500. We will have to see.
That said they sold it last x-mas at 2500 and the Idris and gemini had their prices changed before that. The SH I'm not sure of. But it's only 15$....so who cares.
But it did say discounted. 2 years ago before the price jumps. It was not discounted and it sold for 2500.

@Elmy
If you didn't have to melt anything and already had game packages.. and had close to $2500 rsi... what would you get?
-Armada pack
or
-Javelin (~$500 more)
or
-x2 idris P (~$500 more)

If i'm not mistaken the Armada pack comes with
  • Gladius
  • F7CM
  • Gladiator
  • Sabre
  • Starfarer Gemini? or is it just the tanker?
  • Vanguard Warden
  • Idris P
  • Retaliator Bomber
I'm not sure if any extras besides both games though?

okay... nerd out time... so let me look for the original prices for these ships.. if my numbers are right
  • Gladius $90
  • F7CM $165 now $180
  • Gladiator $165
  • Sabre $170
  • Starfarer Gemini? or is it just the tanker? $240 now $340
  • Vanguard Warden $250
  • Idris P $1500
  • Retaliator Bomber $250 now $275
Total ship only old value: $2,665
Total ship only new value: $2,970
Old vs New difference: $305
Old difference vs individual old buys: $165 savings
New difference vs individual new buys: $470 savings

Looking at that.. I have a strong suspicion they'll increase the price of the Armada pack or update it to include something else so they can use the new prices to give it a lower cost savings discount.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
That would be the only safe way to keep me from melting half my fleet. But if it ain't cash only I might look into getting the Armada pack.
I'm not even finding the Armada pack even being available atm. I do see, BATTLE PACK - $1100, FLEET PACK - $2700, WAR PACK - $5K, WING COMMANDER - $10k & THE COMPETITIONIST - $15k. Am I missing something somehow? My fleet melt value is currently over $5k.

Reactions: hardroc77

Elmy

Admiral
Feb 20, 2017
RSI Handle
Elmy-pcc
I'm not even finding the Armada pack even being available atm. I do see, BATTLE PACK - $1100, FLEET PACK - $2700, WAR PACK - $5K, WING COMMANDER - $10k & THE COMPETITIONIST - $15k. Am I missing something somehow? My fleet melt value is currently over $5k.
It is not sold normally. The only times I know of is around x-mas sales. You would have to wait and see.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Good thing I'm patient. Now I just have to wait to see what will be included to then see what all I'll have to melt to purchase said option when / if it becomes available. I'm also planning on obtaining an 890j somehow when possible.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Hmm. you should have bought the Origin pack when the 600i was on sale. It had the 890j in it.
Yes, I agree, but I wasn't thinking about melting most of my fleet at that point. So as they say, hindsight is 20/20. Worse case scenario, Wing Commander or bust when possible. LoL Then I'll start buying back the ships that I sacrificed to achieve it just as I will with the next pack I get. So far, I've purchased everything with cash with 1 exception. Which is the free Never Settle In Space Edition R9 Omega that got me started & I will never sell or upgrade as it is priceless to me. It got me into Star Citizen which then eventually introduced me to you wonderful people.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Hmm. you should have bought the Origin pack when the 600i was on sale. It had the 890j in it.
Yea if someone didn't already own a 890j lti, this pack was completely worth it... due to the massive grey market up pricing and due to new 890j's by themselves don't come with LTI anymore. Though.. in the pack below, I believe it's set at the $890 price.. not the $600 price.

Reactions: Talonsbane

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
So, what are you going to do in 2 weeks when the Pegasus-Lite goes on concept sale for $1250? Not trying to be evil here, but writing this post made ME cringe.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
That's usually overed on Holiday sale. I hope - not hope.

So, what are you going to do in 2 weeks when the Pegasus-Lite goes on concept sale for $1250? Not trying to be evil here, but writing this post made ME cringe.
No! Stop making me do the accounting and hangar rearranging.

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
No, I totally agree, that was why I said "Pegasus-Lite." A big civilian job that changes the game could very well be a space ferry/mobile hangar ship. Just imagine a ship made up of "Endeavor-style" hangar modules or a Hull E open-spindle ship that has landing pads and can carry ships through a jump point, or at least, QT across the system. A tow truck isn't just a wrecker that lifts one end and pulls the car along, they also make flatbeds that you load the vehicle on and drive somewhere. A space tug could tow you not by cables, but by loading your vessel and carrying you, or several of you, to a destination. Just imagine an Idris with a flat top rather than an enclosed hangar bay. Wait, I just theory-crafted a giant Anvil Crucible. Nevermind, ignore this post.

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
The $5000 War Pack contains an Idris-P and a bunch of LTI tokens. Just sayin'. Ok, that's my dream anyway, but whatever, I'm probably not even going to fly my Aurora MR, just crew with other people. Good luck on your Endeavor to get an Idris.
Thats a nice package. ;) Your welcome to crew on one of my ships by the way.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
...Just imagine an Idris with a flat top rather than an enclosed hangar bay. Wait, I just theory-crafted a giant Anvil Crucible. Nevermind, ignore this post.
flat tops are for planet-bound carriers

in spaace, we can imagine in 3D

post ignored

Forgot your password?