my future idris

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I agree a Pegasus-Lite between the Idris and Javelin that is capable of transporting rearming and refueling a fleet (6 to 8) of fighters and bombers would be a great addition to the game.
Capital size drone controller for your drone armies! Muahahshahaaaa!

Reactions: Talonsbane

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
If an IDRIS or any capital ship goes on sale, and I'm drunk enough, I may just get it.

[This message brought to you by Captain Morgan's Private Stock: "What the hell am I doing? Who are you people!?"]

Nicotine

Space Marshal
Hi Marcel. I tried to buy a Javelin the first time they went on sale.

I sat at my computer pressing F5 as the hour ticked over and filled in all the details very quick. Got beat to the check out every time. Buy the time I clicked buy they had all sold out.

Following year again I tried again to buy a Javelin. Like you this time I had the store credit ready. New issue hit me this time at the checkout it would not let me use store credit to buy the Javelin.

So six or eighth hours later I tried again. This time it would not let me use my credit card saying pay-pal only. By the time I got my details in all sold.

It was at this point I read that if you already had a Javelin in your cart and have tried to purchases it but it failed due to it selling out you were in a great position for the next refill in six or eight hours. Just leave your PC on and keep the web page tab alive for the 6/8 hours then after hitting F5 at the turn of the new stock hit purchase. This time I bagged the Javelin using pay-pal.

Took 1 year of complete failure and 2nd year 3rd go.

Last year I just sat there looking at the sales page as the Javelins sold out due to curiosity thinking god I am glad I don't have to go through this again like the previous years..

Last edited:

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
Can we really have to many Idris? I am looking forward to crewing on one hopefully as a fighter pilot/dropship pilot. I hope you get it.

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
Good luck

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Best of luck, the F5 session is a bitch for everyone involved.

I would rather them do it as a lottery style system, not as in "everyone put in 5$ and [random number] of people get an Idris", but sign up (for free, to get around legal gambling laws) to win one of [300 or so] Idris tokens, use it in 24 hours or it goes to the next random person. Much more fair than everyone spamming F5 and seeing who times out last.

Especially since last year for the Javelin and Idris the first 3/4 sales were cash only, with only the last one being credit applicable. Bit of a shitty move imo.

If you can't get the Idris, the Polaris should be back, presumably in unlimited numbers like the concept sale was. Pretty sweet ship, even if she's not a behemoth like the Idris.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Best of luck, the F5 session is a bitch for everyone involved.

I would rather them do it as a lottery style system, not as in "everyone put in 5$ and [random number] of people get an Idris", but sign up (for free, to get around legal gambling laws) to win one of [300 or so] Idris tokens, use it in 24 hours or it goes to the next random person. Much more fair than everyone spamming F5 and seeing who times out last.

Especially since last year for the Javelin and Idris the first 3/4 sales were cash only, with only the last one being credit applicable. Bit of a shitty move imo.

If you can't get the Idris, the Polaris should be back, presumably in unlimited numbers like the concept sale was. Pretty sweet ship, even if she's not a behemoth like the Idris.
The entries would have to be locked to accounts and even then if you can afford a javelin it probably isn't too much of a hit in the pocket to get 10 starter packs to increase your chances of getting a token or multiple tokens.

Will C.

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2017
RSI Handle
Mute_01
I just want to be able to get in the Idris and start messing around learning what would be the best way to crew it in certain situations. Would be nice if they would lest us spawn it in arena commander private match to let us screw around with it.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Does anybody know if the Polaris has already run the development gauntlet like the Idris did which caused its size to expand as much as it did? If it hasn't, then there is a definite chance that the Polaris will eventually end up far larger than it is stated presently in the Ship Matrix while it's flushed out & made ready to kick some space booty. As a further example, look at the size changes that have been stated with the BMM as well.

Forgot your password?