my future idris

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
The $5000 War Pack contains an Idris-P and a bunch of LTI tokens. Just sayin'. Ok, that's my dream anyway, but whatever, I'm probably not even going to fly my Aurora MR, just crew with other people. Good luck on your Endeavor to get an Idris.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
The $5000 War Pack contains an Idris-P and a bunch of LTI tokens. Just sayin'. Ok, that's my dream anyway, but whatever, I'm probably not even going to fly my Aurora MR, just crew with other people. Good luck on your Endeavor to get an Idris.
Oh shit! Now you're starting to make me think. What would I do with a ship that big??

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Oh shit! Now you're starting to make me think. What would I do with a ship that big??
If I had to wager on what you might do with an Idris, I would suspect that you would use it's storage facilities to temperature control your collection of fine & well aged spirits while you tour the galaxy in leisure with your crew maintaining & defending your supply as well as refilling your glass whenever it runs low.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Well IIRC there was a VERY short RSI credit sale for both Idris and Javelin at the beginning of the last Anniversary sale.. which really pissed me off because I not only missed that but if I did do it and manage to get either one, I wouldn't have been able to leverage any of the unique sales during that event as all my RSI credit would have been gone. IF they happen to do a normal (RSI allowed) capital ship sale again... I hope to get either one. Just 1. And that would be good enough for me as that's nearly endgame right there. TBH.. if you're one to pledge for a $5K pack eventually anyway... it would only make sense to go for the Javelin.. as you can only get a token to buy one from the completionist pack. $3K for a ship is a ton... more than MOST mega packs. One has to think.. is it really worth it? if I can reclaim or buy one eventually in game? Do you get more bang for your buck with such a ship? Or do you get more bang for your buck with smaller ships? Lots of assessment one would need to do IMO. I don't have the answers...

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
@Elmy
If you didn't have to melt anything and already had game packages.. and had close to $2500 rsi... what would you get?
-Armada pack
or
-Javelin (~$500 more)
or
-x2 idris P (~$500 more)

If i'm not mistaken the Armada pack comes with
  • Gladius
  • F7CM
  • Gladiator
  • Sabre
  • Starfarer Gemini? or is it just the tanker?
  • Vanguard Warden
  • Idris P
  • Retaliator Bomber
I'm not sure if any extras besides both games though?

okay... nerd out time... so let me look for the original prices for these ships.. if my numbers are right
  • Gladius $90
  • F7CM $165 now $180
  • Gladiator $165
  • Sabre $170
  • Starfarer Gemini? or is it just the tanker? $240 now $340
  • Vanguard Warden $250
  • Idris P $1500
  • Retaliator Bomber $250 now $275
Total ship only old value: $2,665
Total ship only new value: $2,970
Old vs New difference: $305
Old difference vs individual old buys: $165 savings
New difference vs individual new buys: $470 savings

Looking at that.. I have a strong suspicion they'll increase the price of the Armada pack or update it to include something else so they can use the new prices to give it a lower cost savings discount.

Forgot your password?