My thoughts on the Super Hornet sale...

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
There is no debatge about that. CIG clearly stated ships would not be sold cheaper.

My problem is that people grab that thread and start pulling, then reach crazy conclusions like "If CIG is lying about this, then how do we know what else they have lied about?!?! I can never trust Chris Roberts again! I am really worried about this game now!"

Im paraphrasing the above quote, but that has been the actual mindset of many.
Hence my post about this issue not being about CIG but about the gaming industry in general. There is nothing we can do about it, blame the gaming industry for that one. Can't really blame people for this. CIG is part of that industry and are not immune to the wrath of people burnt from the lying. Can't hate the gamer's for this, this lying and breaking promises is running rampant all over the industry. People have had enough, same with me. The trust worthy, honest, developers are dwindling extremely fast. There isn't a whole lot of developers out there that deliver really strong quality games that are considered honest developers. There isn't a whole lot of CDProjeckt companies running around making people feel great about gaming and delivering on quality games. On that note, no game launches without bugs now a days, i understand Witcher 3 had it's mess's, open-world games have their quirks.

Reactions: AstroSam

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Hence my post about this issue not being about CIG but about the gaming industry in general. There is nothing we can do about it, blame the gaming industry for that one. Can't really blame people for this. CIG is part of that industry and are not immune to the wrath of people burnt from the lying. Can't hate the gamer's for this, this lying and breaking promises is running rampant all over the industry. People have had enough, same with me. The trust worthy, honest, developers are dwindling extremely fast. There isn't a whole lot of developers out there that deliver really strong quality games that are considered honest developers. There isn't a whole lot of CDProjeckt companies running around making people feel great about gaming and delivering on quality games. On that note, no game launches without bugs now a days, i understand Witcher 3 had it's mess's, open-world games have their quirks.

I read you, but I think the central focus here, the "lying" needs to be defined a bit further.

No Mans Sky making a game saying it will be multiplayer, but then its not, is a level 10 lie. It was a lie that affected gameplay and for many, the very reason they bought the game!

CIG saying a $50 ship will not be sold for $40 in the future, but then going back on their word has zero affect on my game play or ability to enjoy this game.

DrunkenTeddy

Order of 10 High Priest
Donor
Apr 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DrunkenTeddy
I read you, but I think the central focus here, the "lying" needs to be defined a bit further.

No Mans Sky making a game saying it will be multiplayer, but then its not, is a level 10 lie. It was a lie that affected gameplay and for many, the very reason they bought the game!

CIG saying a $50 ship will not be sold for $40 in the future, but then going back on their word has zero affect on my game play or ability to enjoy this game.
I agree with this completely, it shouldn't be a big deal, but I think NMS hurt the credibility of all game developers. It was one small game company that made it, but since it came out we have heard more and more salt about broken promises in Star Citizen. I'm sure a lot of that is from the crowd that was so upset about NMS being completely different than what they were told, they now assume that SC will be all lies and any proof of a lie or changed direction is reason enough for a witch hunt.

Reactions: AstroSam

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Part of salt and salt generally is just people do not like waiting. I think with all the game is getting more complicated (more and more added features), the only consistent progress is usually in the production of another ship project (for some time way down the road) (a cash grab). So whether it was true the presentation of planets (and only planets) at Gamescon due to misunderstood hope, did start a bit of a salt train. (Yes planets is nice but are we really going to explore them that much? i.e. is it a space game or not?). Then the polaris with a get in early cash discount for what is an expensive ship (so probably some salt due to change in tactic and some more due to the fact that it is an expensive ask for an alpha game!). So finally another month passes no new updates (see salt 1, we all hate waiting), and some peoples favourite ship (not mine I reserve that for the very very ugly Van (its my favourite ship to be destroyed) is given away for cheaper than they paid (so obviously more salt cos obviously they was ripped off).

Anyways as others have said game development well and playing is just a big big salt mine ride the wave!

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos

Yea, the case for the outbreak in this instance is just plain stupid. Thus we have the vocal minority, you only hear the loudest in a room of no one talking.

Forgot your password?