My thoughts on the Super Hornet sale...

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
This was my comment on this @ RSi forum page and this is how I see things... Thought it fit in here to and I wanted to share this with you guys n girls :smile:

--- qoute my self ---
I dont' get it, no one have bought a ship period!
You pledge money to support development of the game
for that you get to pick a ship they give to you for the amount you pledge and you get access to play the game while they develop it.
And all money in to the game is good for developement to finish the game right.
For if they don't get in money and game never get finished, your initial pledge will not meant diddly squat!
Right?! IMO I think some people need to stop being so selfish and try to see the big picture instead!
--- end quote my self ---

:P

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
Business or not I disagree with their move. It goes a bit outside of the game for why people are angry. It has more to do with the constant lying of developers and breaking promises, while never delivering. I don't think this issue has anything to do with money. The gaming industry as a whole is now pushing gamer's away with constant promise breaking and lying.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Business or not I disagree with their move. It goes a bit outside of the game for why people are angry. It has more to do with the constant lying of developers and breaking promises, while never delivering.
Here is the difference, CIG IS delivering.

Sure its late, but we see each and every week more and more of what is going into this game. This is not closed development like No Mans Sky with a sudden surprise on launch day.

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
Here is the difference, CIG IS delivering.

Sure its late, but we see each and every week more and more of what is going into this game. This is not closed development like No Mans Sky with a sudden surprise on launch day.
No one cares about the deliver though, it is more of a moral and ethical stand point. You don't promise something and then go back on the promise. In my personal life, if i'm not 100% committed to anything, I wont promise I can do it. A promise in my perspective is something you will never break, ever. It's like making a mistake and saying sorry every time you fuck up, how many times are you going to be sorry before you actually correct the behavior. There is a difference between saying sorry, meaning it, then working your hardest to never doing it again or just saying sorry every time you fuck up and expecting people to brush it off because you apologized. CIG made a promise and callously tossed that promise aside.

None of this is to go without saying that CIG doesn't have earnest paths that they are taking, but they are a gaming company in a world littered with developers that have already abused promises and sorry's to the point where people are just fed up and no longer believe people. This in it self has absolutely nothing to do with CIG, but since CIG is partaking in the same behaviors, they are automatically thrown in with the rest, because the trust has already been broken. Any game developer that breaks promises at this point in our generation will be burned, even if it is the first time. Gamer's have had a enough. I tend to not stick to one type of game as I love so many different games and the community out there is so livid of the lying and back stabbing. They are trying to send a message letting developers they need to stop this bullshit. I promise and don't deliver.

I personally don't care if they sell ships or not, it is also like selling things at limited editions then releasing it to everyone. People have pride in those things. The first backers or the ones to only have a limited edition set, etc. It's limited and special because no one else can get it.

If they stated their reasons for doing this I believe the backlash would have been less. They could have came out and said, look. We need more money for x reasons or we are going back for y reasons, can you guys support us on this? If the community says yes, they go with it, if the community says, no, well then they can re-look at what to do and either say i'm sorry we are still going through with it our options are limited or come up with something else.

Reactions: AstroSam

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
"" People have pride in those things. The first backers or the ones to only have a limited edition set, etc. It's limited and special because no one else can get it. ""

I can only say from what I seen that is a small minority in that case since I can buy any ship from any period of development on grey market..
and IMO that don't make it special at all just another ship in the mist of ships.. So still not see the problem why that issue haven't been brought up or make the special one angry.. think this is more about pride honor and... oh! get over it no one care in 10 year anyways. ;)

It's a game, A game for god sake, not a political discussion about world peace!
:P

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
We need more money for x reasons or we are going back for y reasons, can you guys support us on this? If the community says yes, they go with it, if the community says, no, well then they can re-look at what to do
Im in complete agreement, but you are making the assumption that the community knows what is best.

If CIG asked the community ahead of time: "Hey guys, we need $200k this week to make our estimates for the month, can we do a cash discount sale? If not, then we have to fire 4 developers from the project."

If you look at the current responses, the community is very much against it, so 4 devs would be let go because they can't pay salaries.

Do you want to leave these business decisions to some 17yr old kid who paid $45 for an Aurora game package and does not want somebody else getting it cheaper?

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
What Montoya forgot to mention is that we at Test have managed to figure out CIGs master business plan. It is not in creating awesome games that they are gonna make their billions.

it is in mining salt and selling to all the poor cold people who cant drive their cars in a straight line because of the snow and ice.

Its frikkin genious!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I just can't bring myself to troll that thread. I tried but then i got remorse and edited all the bellendery out.

Do you think that thread is The Glorious Leaders punishment from payment to CIG for all the new Testies in New Members going "Hi Test! Great to be here!"?

Last edited:

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
in this thread TESTes are hurting their brains with thinking

either go play the alpha modules that are released

or go back to shitposting as per normal

you'll thank me later

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
either go play the alpha modules that are released

or go back to shitposting as per normal

you'll thank me later
I'll thank you now:

Thank you Maynard, I needed those words of advice.

You have restored my equilibrium, so in time honoured tradition, a meme:

10percent.jpg

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
I feel like there are quite a few things going on outside that might be more important than this thread, but I watched/read it anyway. All of it (complete with a detour to the RSI forums to see what all of the hullabaloo was about). Thanks to all of you for helping me kill an hour and fifteen minutes doing something other than going outside to see what those important things might be. It's cold and scary out there.

P.S. Is this shitpost-y enough? Or should I include something like this:

Hail Rock Boss! Hail Montoya!

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
Im in complete agreement, but you are making the assumption that the community knows what is best.

If CIG asked the community ahead of time: "Hey guys, we need $200k this week to make our estimates for the month, can we do a cash discount sale? If not, then we have to fire 4 developers from the project."

If you look at the current responses, the community is very much against it, so 4 devs would be let go because they can't pay salaries.

Do you want to leave these business decisions to some 17yr old kid who paid $45 for an Aurora game package and does not want somebody else getting it cheaper?
Oh don't get me wrong. I by no means am making the assumption the community knows best, they usually don't being the vocal minority, when people are satisfied they stay quiet and have no reason to voice an opinion that isn't there. It's just a way to show people that they need to break their promise without kicking them straight in the dick then telling them why afterwards. I was just saying people are less likely to retaliate if they are informed first and, "feel" like they are involved in the process.

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
It's just a way to show people that they need to break their promise without kicking them straight in the dick then telling them why afterwards. I was just saying people are less likely to retaliate if they are informed first and, "feel" like they are involved in the process.
There is no debatge about that. CIG clearly stated ships would not be sold cheaper.

My problem is that people grab that thread and start pulling, then reach crazy conclusions like "If CIG is lying about this, then how do we know what else they have lied about?!?! I can never trust Chris Roberts again! I am really worried about this game now!"

Im paraphrasing the above quote, but that has been the actual mindset of many.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
People are not dangerous, crowds are not dangerous, but one inadequately educated loudmouth can make a crowd in to a killing mob..
Just saying ;)

Forgot your password?