My thoughts on the Super Hornet sale...

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
After cruising what I could tolerate through that forum Montoya put up, my opinion of other players has significantly dropped in respect. What a bunch of cry babies! Its a fucking game. If you dont like the decisions being made by those making it, stop supporting it, its that fuckin simple. Instead everyone wants to cry about it like their opinions matter.

TL;DR - Grow the fuck up and stop crying.

DrunkenTeddy

Order of 10 High Priest
Donor
Apr 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DrunkenTeddy
After cruising what I could tolerate through that forum Montoya put up, my opinion of other players has significantly dropped in respect. What a bunch of cry babies! Its a fucking game. If you dont like the decisions being made by those making it, stop supporting it, its that fuckin simple. Instead everyone wants to cry about it like their opinions matter.

TL;DR - Grow the fuck up and stop crying.
Oh god that forum post is toxic... I'm sure CIG is taking all the crying by backers into consideration and will likely do the cash sale again, but on ships that have had price increases in the past, or newly released ships. Releasing a ship for less than it's original sale price seems to be what's pissing people off, there are lots of ships that the price has gone up on, why not offer them at their original price for cash sales? Seems to satisfy everyone.

Reactions: AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Thats brilliant: I've written about - and asked the people - complaining about a 10-dollar-discount-loss, if they are really doing this, if they don't have other problems; and stated thus they are lucky, lucky people. Furtheron I repeated that they pledged / spended on a game idea and probably burned that money at the moment they gave it to CIG. The "complainers" are having problems with the strategy of CIG? Then they should melt all their ships and go away. And if CIG tomorrow decides to set all selling prices to 0, that they sure can do it because they own the whole party. Finally I stated, that, if CIG needs money, we should respect that and be happy the development goes on.

So, I think that there are far worse posts than this - but they erased it anyway...?! *facepalm*

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Hey, I thought I joined this group for the f-cked up malcontents, immature bravado and jokes about beer and penis's....

And instead, I got a group with a pretty mature outlook, great insights...and who draw penis's!

All joking aside, absolutely right on target. I get why people are upset, but I tell myself, how can we lose if more people join up and fund the project? *Our* game will be better, that's all there is to it.

GojiraSamurai

Space Marshal
Jul 22, 2016
RSI Handle
GojiraSamurai
I hold the opposite opinion. Its not about the SH sale per say as really $10 - $20 is nothing. Its just that how far are they willing to go and what are they willing to say to raise money for the game?

The problem here is CIG does not really need to promise anything. They can just sell the ships as is with or without LTI and get their cash. There is no need to reiterate the fact on every sale that these ships will cost more in the future and will not include LTI.

There is also no need for them to highlight which ships are limited and which are rare. They can just simply say we are offering E.g: 200 Idris - M's for sale. The proceeds will be used for game development. Thats it. No one would have been angry or cared. No one would have cared if these were later discounted or came up for sale again. There are a lot of better ways they could have done this without false advertising.

Lets look at a similar case below

He paid for a game before its release, and chose to buy a special edition which included a lot of extras expecting to receive said game early to on time for its official release. Promises were made, game was not delivered to him as promised despite buying it well in advance.

CIG has pretty much done something similar. When you go to the sale page and it explicitly states that future sales of the ship will be more expensive you do not expect it discounted before the game is even released. This is tantamount to false advertising. We as backers do not hold CIG to any standard or deadline and basically he has free reign to do whatever. We however expect a certain level of good faith from a professional developer, something that at the moment is being taken for granted.

I want this game to be a success. However for it to be a success he needs more than the current pool of backers. Blindly making statements to get more cash will not fly. In the short run he may get a fresh infusion but its going to hurt the game and everyone who backed it in the long run.
Well Said

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I've finally watched the video -

Where people are saying "DEALS"... I am a little confused... They have not bought anything.

They pledged X to fund a game development. Incidentally in return were granted access to Y.

Hey, here is some news that may blow their minds: - the value of the £ Pound GBP has slipped since the whole Europe Vote thing and the super-hornet is actually, in £, more expensive for us over here EVEN WITH THE DISCOUNT because of the exchange rate.

At the beginning of 2016 i could get 1.52 USD for my GBP. Now i can only get 1.24. You know what that means? At the beginning of the year I could get a $160 (I think thats how much it was) SH for £105GB. Now, WITH the 10% discount making the ship $145, I can get a SH for.... £116GBP

A SHIP ON 10% SALE IS £11 MORE THAN IT WAS FULL PRICE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR. HAS MY PAY GONE UP TO OFFSET THIS? NOPE! If i buy now for full $160 price, it is £129GBP! £24 more expensive than at the beginning of the year!

Stop thinking so small, think of your fellow man and woman over on an island where it rains all the time (it is raining now) who now has to spend more to get the same as he/she would have at the beginning of the year and it is nothing to do with CIGs marketing policy.

Mind blown? I bloody well hope so.

If we're being anal about it, all ship sales in the UK GBP should now be discounted to make sure we are paying no more than we previously were.

But that would be stupid, wouldn't it.

Now look at the last 21 pages of bitching on Montoyas RSI thread... Yeah, that looks stupid too.

I understand and appreciate the butthurt and feel bad for you son, this really should be the least of your worries.

EDIT - Now with maths! We are the Testies of TWRL, Our weapons grade maths shall BLOW YOUR MINDS.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?