Naming your digital children.

Will you name your ships?

• Yup. Sure will.

• Once my pregame fleet is set in stone.

• No names!

• What's in a name?

• I shall search for drunken inspiration!

Results are only viewable after voting.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Yep, sure will. I will name them all after my sexual conquests. Your mother, and your mother and your mother. LOL
that only works if you've had few enough that you remember their names

even if I could remember all of mine, I can't afford that many ships, heh heh

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Buccaneer: I was about to name her "Gentle Persuasion". But the name tickled my wee little mind, so I went a searching, and found that name in use. Sorry @MikeAlphaTangoTango, you apparently inspired me.
Perhaps: Persuasive Negotiator, Ongoing Negotiations, or simply, The Negotiator. I shall think on this.
Depending on loadout, you could name the Bucc your "Angry Owlet" since it is small, agile & can really annoy those it attacks.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
So I have officially named my 600i (Exploration edition) - Andromeda Explorer.

I'm thinking of unofficially naming the 600i (Touring edition) - The Town Bicycle (because much like a town slut, everybody seems to want a free ride. LoL)

I'm debating on nicknaming my Eclipse - The 3 Nuke Ninja (I plan on using it most for org battles against capital ships to let its stealth allow me to sneak in close & violate their HQ with my size 9 Talon torpedoes either taking out their main thrusters or nerfing their main weapons.)

If ever I end up with a StarG, I think I'll name it either - Beer Runner or Loaded on Fumes

What do each of you think?

I'm still working on names for my various ships.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
So I have officially named my 600i (Exploration edition) - Andromeda Explorer.

I'm thinking of unofficially naming the 600i (Touring edition) - The Town Bicycle (because much like a town slut, everybody seems to want a free ride. LoL)

I'm debating on nicknaming my Eclipse - The 3 Nuke Ninja (I plan on using it most for org battles against capital ships to let its stealth allow me to sneak in close & violate their HQ with my size 9 Talon torpedoes either taking out their main thrusters or nerfing their main weapons.)

If ever I end up with a StarG, I think I'll name it either - Beer Runner or Loaded on Fumes

What do each of you think?

I'm still working on names for my various ships.
Very cool names.

I have some on a word document ready and waiting for ships, however i've found I seem to think up the best name for a ship once I've flown it.

I was going to call my Herald "BitCrush", however once i'd flown it and discovered the one thing it excels at is running away, I just had to call it the "Brave Sir Robin", after Sir Robin the knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Very cool names.

I have some on a word document ready and waiting for ships, however i've found I seem to think up the best name for a ship once I've flown it.

I was going to call my Herald "BitCrush", however once i'd flown it and discovered the one thing it excels at is running away, I just had to call it the "Brave Sir Robin", after Sir Robin the knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
ROFLMAO! I love that movie. The name for a ship that comes to my mind when I think of a Herald is Whisper in the Wind. As in it listens to every whisper in the wind & keeps their secrets.

A.Santos

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 6, 2016
RSI Handle
A_Santos
Why name your children when you are just going to crash them into things and get a replacement child?
we will crash em......( in the true spirit of TEST ) and replace them for sure
and the replacemen will get the same named
But I give it a number after the name
That way, I can keep track of how many ships I've lost

Imagine you have run out of fuel
Imagine the beautiful sight of me on the horizon
as I come quietly and calmly closer and closer
Your rescuer
and as i turn on the light it reveal the name of the ship
Leaky Laura 937527

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
we will crash em......( in the true spirit of TEST ) and replace them for sure
and the replacemen will get the same named
But I give it a number after the name
That way, I can keep track of how many ships I've lost

Imagine you have run out of fuel
Imagine the beautiful sight of me on the horizon
as I come quietly and calmly closer and closer
Your rescuer
and as i turn on the light it reveal the name of the ship
Leaky Laura 937527
She sounds like a bed-wetter.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
So...

Tired of being blown up every three freaking minutes in my Aurora, 350R and even my Taurus, I have temporarily melted the "Brave Sir Robin" awaiting the mechanics to use the Herald and i have CCU'd my NOX "Juicero Dream" (until it's playable) into a Hornet Ghost.

I have named my Ghost "Lopeta Tämä", which translates as "Stop This" in the Finnish language.

Get it? Stop? Finish? I think this is the greatest pun I have ever come up with.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So...

Tired of being blown up every three freaking minutes in my Aurora, 350R and even my Taurus, I have temporarily melted the "Brave Sir Robin" awaiting the mechanics to use the Herald and i have CCU'd my NOX "Juicero Dream" (until it's playable) into a Hornet Ghost.

I have named my Ghost "Lopeta Tämä", which translates as "Stop This" in the Finnish language.

Get it? Stop? Finish? I think this is the greatest pun I have ever come up with.
Dear God. Pun and Dad jokes. Where have you been all my life?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I was just talking to my Wife-To-Be about the original Power Rangers Zords so I looked them up on Wiki and there was a white one which was a Brontosaurus called "Titanus" which neither of us reacognised until we looked up a picture and were like "oooooh, yeah we remember that one".

But the thing is I mispronounced 'Titanus' as 'Tit Anus' so thats going to be the name of my first Capital Ship in the game. It'll be spelled "Titanus" but will be pronounced "Tit Anus".

Forgot your password?