Naming your digital children.

Will you name your ships?

• Yup. Sure will.

• Once my pregame fleet is set in stone.

• No names!

• What's in a name?

• I shall search for drunken inspiration!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
You mind! I love your mind.

Throw in the word "wolf" somewhere. I call him my "little wolf'. What can we come up with? *bats eyelashes at you*
Let me put Wolf into the engine....

Booting up..... initializing....

H-owl-ing wolf
Crywolf
Packmaster de wolf
Loan Wolf (for banking....)
Wolf McOwl (son of owl?)
Wolf in Owl's clothing

Lumberwolf
Warg Wolf
Big Bad Wolf
Little Bad Wolf?

Fenrir

Where Wolf
When Wolf

... more coming...

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Let me put Wolf into the engine....

Booting up..... initializing....

H-owl-ing wolf
Crywolf
Packmaster de wolf
Loan Wolf (for banking....)
Wolf McOwl (son of owl?)
Wolf in Owl's clothing

Lumberwolf
Warg Wolf
Big Bad Wolf
Little Bad Wolf?

Fenrir

Where Wolf
When Wolf

... more coming...
Arctic H-Owl
Wolfenstine
Wolftank (my favorite)
Pancakes and Wolffles
For an evil pirate Canadian.... Mounty Hunter (like bounty hunter...)
I'm adding them all to the list. Collation, analysis and dissemination to follow. :wink: IE I'm drunk, it's 3 am, my little wolf just started howling, so I'm going to bed.

You're a good man @Stevetank, no matter what @Montoya says about you!

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I'm adding them all to the list. Collation, analysis and dissemination to follow. :wink: IE I'm drunk, it's 3 am, my little wolf just started howling, so I'm going to bed.

You're a good man @Stevetank, no matter what @Montoya says about you!
I made some sweet rhymes once when I responded to @Montoya 's thread about 8 months ago in the Star Citizen forums. He promoted me to head of something but never told me what I was promoted to. 7 months later, I get promoted to Lead Aurora Theorycrafter for posting a picture of a Crucible with 28 Auroras in it. I told my friend to cram as many Auroras in there as possible and that's what he came up with.

I think I'm making some good progress here. Once piracy hits, I'll be on discord more and organizing people for raids. Montoya once said that leadership here is not given, but earned. I plan to earn my ranks here in TEST Squardon using what I learn from other members.

I'm not the best fighter or the best tactician. I'm normally in the top 33% of a server in BF4. But I always surprize people and you won't find many people who can pick things up as quickly as I can. I can easily jump around and help wherever I'm needed. Today, that help is in naming a ship in honnor of Little Wolf.

I'll just earn my leadership one step at a time :)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I made some sweet rhymes once when I responded to @Montoya 's thread about 8 months ago in the Star Citizen forums. He promoted me to head of something but never told me what I was promoted to. 7 months later, I get promoted to Lead Aurora Theorycrafter for posting a picture of a Crucible with 28 Auroras in it. I told my friend to cram as many Auroras in there as possible and that's what he came up with.

I think I'm making some good progress here. Once piracy hits, I'll be on discord more and organizing people for raids. Montoya once said that leadership here is not given, but earned. I plan to earn my ranks here in TEST Squardon using what I learn from other members.

I'm not the best fighter or the best tactician. I'm normally in the top 33% of a server in BF4. But I always surprize people and you won't find many people who can pick things up as quickly as I can. I can easily jump around and help wherever I'm needed. Today, that help is in naming a ship in honnor of Little Wolf.

I'll just earn my leadership one step at a time :slight_smile:
Good speech. You're making me feel all warm and fuzzy, :slight_smile:

I really appreciate the leadership style in TEST. It's conducive to fun. And the work that the higher-ups have put into making it this way cannot be commended enough.

I for one an excited to see what cream rises to the top when things start to shake out. It'll be exciting and fun and all around a great experience for all. There are some great ideas and thoughts floating throughout our org. It'll be awesome to see some of them come to fruition.

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Good speech. You're making me feel all warm and fuzzy, :slight_smile:

I really appreciate the leadership style in TEST. It's conducive to fun. And the work that the higher-ups have put into making it this way cannot be commended enough.

I for one an excited to see what cream rises to the top when things start to shake out. It'll be exciting and fun and all around a great experience for all. There are some great ideas and thoughts floating throughout our org. It'll be awesome to see some of them come to fruition.
I'm not even shooting for the top. I'm happy with being the leader of a small squadron. So if my pirate commander tells me to grab some men and make a distraction or tells me that we need to grab as many torpedoes as possible, they can count on me to get it done.

I do inventory at work, so inventory in game is easy. I also find good deals on things for work, so I can do that too. I'm good at Math and I'm honest... which are uncommon traits for pirates I guess.

I want to be someone who can be relied upon and that requires trust. So I'm here to earn that trust. I just need to work on it s little at a time and the more that Star Citizen gets built, the more we'll all play and I can earn that trust faster.

I'm actually set up to train rookies since I have most ships that we'll be boarding, lol.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm not even shooting for the top. I'm happy with being the leader of a small squadron. So if my pirate commander tells me to grab some men and make a distraction or tells me that we need to grab as many torpedoes as possible, they can count on me to get it done.

I do inventory at work, so inventory in game is easy. I also find good deals on things for work, so I can do that too. I'm good at Math and I'm honest... which are uncommon traits for pirates I guess.

I want to be someone who can be relied upon and that requires trust. So I'm here to earn that trust. I just need to work on it s little at a time and the more that Star Citizen gets built, the more we'll all play and I can earn that trust faster.

I'm actually set up to train rookies since I have most ships that we'll be boarding, lol.
I completely understand this sentiment. And good on ya. Being someone that others can rely on is a damn good feeling.

I'll fly with you anytime my friend. I think our pirating shenanigans will become the stuff of legends.

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I completely understand this sentiment. And good on ya. Being someone that others can rely on is a damn good feeling.

I'll fly with you anytime my friend. I think our pirating shenanigans will become the stuff of legends.
Owl and Tank:
Wamted for loitering, grand theft, public indecency, drinking and driving, unlicenced firearm use, stripping without a licence, speeding, lollygagging, and assault.

Public enemies #1 and #2. If found, call the police immediately. Do not engage criminals. Do not provoke. Hide your beer.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Owl and Tank:
Wamted for loitering, grand theft, public indecency, drinking and driving, unlicenced firearm use, stripping without a licence, speeding, lollygagging, and assault.

Public enemies #1 and #2. If found, call the police immediately. Do not engage criminals. Do not provoke. Hide your beer.
Don't forget public drunkenness. Or in your case, enabling a drunken Owl.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
Owl and Tank:

You guys can hide out at my place. It's free rent but it's also BYOB. and BMMB (bring me more beer

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
@Stevetank
My original thoughts on ship names, back on page one, had a ship called "Wolf's Howl". It was my Sabre, named in honour of my little wolf.
Huh. Imagine that. I started the thread, but didn't bother posting my own names. I'm so advanced. Haha.

Aurora LX: Last Resort. I own an Aurora because TEST. If I'm flying her, it's a last resort. Or I'm on a TEST Aurora Op. Which I'm sure will happen. When all the rest of our ships have been destroyed. Ha.

Sabre: Wolf's Howl. This name is staying the same. A tribute to my son, my little wolf. Whatever fighter I end up with will retain this name.

Prospector: The Sentinel. A nod to the sentinel bots from the Matrix Trilogy. And definitely with the thought of combat mining (thanks @Black Sunder for the that term).

Beerfarer (Star-G): War Pig. She's a space sow. She's an armoured space sow made for fleet action. Rear echelon, but fleet action nonetheless. The name fits.

Caterpillar: Owl's Ingenuity. With the modularity this ship is supposed to have, I reckon this can be whatever I want it to be.

Carrack: The Narrator. I intent to narrate my destiny in this girl. To the far reaches of the void. The cosmos. To boldly go where no digital ship has gone before.
That being said, I really hope they add a lot of stuff to find, and a lot of space to explore. Otherwise, all these explorers will become redundant, fast.

If a small salvage ship is introduced, I'll pick one up. Her name will be 'Second Chance'. I figure all the scrap I salvage deserves a second chance, a renewed purpose. As do the ships who I shall be combat salvaging: Obviously they need a second chance, their owner's were simply misguided when they decided to become enemies of TEST.
After going through your list of names again, I find myself drawn to "Howling Wolf" - so near in name to that original Sabre, as well as "Where Wolf" - what better make for a Carrack?

I'm thinking, if I use "Where Wolf" for the BMM/Carrack, then I name the snub "Wolftank" (unless I get a Doom Turtle again - that's a perfect Terrapin name), and use "Owl's Well That Ends Well" for the Reclaimer...because things/ships are definitely ending/ended if the Reclaimer is onsite.

The names actually fit. Quite well. Now I need to get a ship to name "Howling Wolf".

Thoughts?

Reactions: Stevetank
Forgot your password?